Deleted

Getting a new monitor - advice appreciated

So I'm getting a new monitor for christmas. It's just that the only thing I know is it should be around 150 euros and at least 24".. everything else, I have no clue about. Any suggestions are welcome but I'd also appreciate it if you'd explain why too

http://benq.co.uk/products/LCD/index.cfm/product/1157

I have an older 24" BenQ monitor and have always been very happy with the colours and responsiveness, the above one should be just in your budget

Deleted
    Hmm, looks ok, I guess. Thanks for the suggestion. I currently have ASUS 20.5" and there's nothing wrong with either, other than not supporting 1920*1080 so I was only looking for Asus monitors so far.

Deleted
    Any specific reason why you want a screen larger than 24"? Remember that the pixel density becomes much more scarce the bigger the screen becomes unless the resolution is increased as well. For a 1920x1080 resolution monitor, I would personally not recommend a screen larger than 23" or 24" because the pixels become too large. This is of course assuming that you are sitting at a normal viewing distance (think "normal" desk, around 70-100cm). Also to note is that a larger screen is not good for your neck or shoulders; you should be able to see the entire screen by just moving your eyes.

That being said, perhaps the ASUS VK278Q might be of interest. It is a very good 27" monitor but most likely out of your budget. Another screen I can recommend is the ASUS VE248H (24") or the LG IPS236 (23"). They should both be more in-line with your budget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Any specific reason why you want a screen larger than 24"? Remember that the pixel density becomes much more scarce the bigger the screen becomes unless the resolution is increased as well. For a 1920x1080 resolution monitor, I would personally not recommend a screen larger than 23" or 24" because the pixels become too large. This is of course assuming that you are sitting at a normal viewing distance (think "normal" desk, around 70-100cm). Also to note is that a larger screen is not good for your neck or shoulders; you should be able to see the entire screen by just moving your eyes.

That being said, perhaps the ASUS VK278Q might be of interest. It is a very good 27" monitor but most likely out of your budget. Another screen I can recommend is the ASUS VE248H (24") or the LG IPS236 (23"). They should both be more in-line with your budget.
    I never said it should be larger than 24", just at least 24" (so 24" is fine too). I just added the "or larger" part there because if I could get bigger and same quality with the same out of money then why not. I've been suggested a few other good things before that I hadn't thought of myself.

Still, nice suggestions there, definitely considering the ASUS VE248H.

Is there some secret to buying a gaming monitor I don't know about? I'm looking to buy a 21 inch here in China, but without a specific model # I can't get squat.