Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elobi View Post
    I did some calculations.

and to much amusement to me and my brother, we figured why none of my calculations was correct when comparing his numbers to mine.

Basicly we found out that his accuracy (possibly the others aswell (checking them as we post)) calculations doesnt factor the level value -(we calculated his coeffiencents to correspend to roghly lvl 30 stat mechanics) - while mine are solely based on level 50 .

Due to my calculations his 138 accuracy rating will provide you with roughly 5 % hit chance.

Gonna run the other numbers after i've eaten.
    haha oops, i used the wrong level screenshot thought i got the level 50 one. I was taking screens every 10 levels are so to see how much the values changed and when i deleted the non level 50 ones i must have deleted the most important one and kept the wrong one. Elobi where do you get your stat calculations from so i can fix that section of my guide to make it appropriate. Sorry for the mishap but appreciate you getting to the bottom of it.

Deleted
    Allright.

Not to beat you down mate.

But been running through the numbers. I have absolutely no clue how you calculated your surge ratings, I would love some info/formula

*Undefined (spelling)

The section where the %value is calculated with 30 as LvL varible is for the sake of Buckwald.

As you can see are the numbers fairly close to Xorak's, which further indicates that me and my brother was right before.

The percentages gained at lvl 50 with the same stats are quite different.

And with your current amount of hit (138) are you still not capped. Check Stat totals.

Witha crit chance at 23.3 % 77.9 % bonus crit seems waay off in terms of rng measures.

Personally (havent done any numbers on it) I would say you would need more crit rating to make surge a really viable stat.

Kinda like Glance vs Absorption.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    haha oops, i used the wrong level screenshot thought i got the level 50 one. I was taking screens every 10 levels are so to see how much the values changed and when i deleted the non level 50 ones i must have deleted the most important one and kept the wrong one. Elobi where do you get your stat calculations from so i can fix that section of my guide to make it appropriate. Sorry for the mishap but appreciate you getting to the bottom of it.
    Look at the post above
    Haha.. well I do them myself, the formulas are on it aswell, so you can do some crunching yourself aswell
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2011-12-08 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Crafted gear is BoE and as a generel rule of thumb is the Crew skills not a must-have as in WoW to excel.It doesnt provide any extra stats.
    You can craft critical gear that will be equal to high -end raiding and some mods that will be outgeared when raiding.
    aah cool, checked the site again and they're actually now listed as BoE when I check this morning they said BoP.... I think...Didn't they?

Either way it's BoE now, so we're all good
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    aah cool, checked the site again and they're actually now listed as BoE when I check this morning they said BoP.... I think...Didn't they?

Either way it's BoE now, so we're all good
    The site ? as in torhead :P ? Yeah they are making changes all the time, gonna be nice when the game goes live.

Ok i fixed some numbers to take into account proper stat values. Not sure what id do without you Elobi lol.

Deleted
    Ok i fixed some numbers to take into account proper stat values. Not sure what id do without you Elobi lol.
    Your welcome there are not many threads I bother taking part in cus cba talking about romance and vanity stuff.

You still need to change the crit rating gained from crit (still says 15.5 %) and with 207 accuracy do you only just miss (<- lolol, getting tired) the hitcap by roughly 0,25%

Which is allright for blue starter gear - but the numbers stil need to be correct.

Hope im not being a total pedantic f****

Edit: btw, the 5% base crit is already calculated into the 23.3 % total crit (StrCrit= 14,6%, Crit = 8,72%: 14,6+8,72= 23,3.. %)

in the formula the undelined 5+30*(1-(1-(0,01/0,3))^((PrimStat/Lvl)/2,5))is your base crit value added to the rest, quite simple
    Last edited by mmoc95544e94a1; 2011-12-08 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The site ? as in torhead :P ? Yeah they are making changes all the time, gonna be nice when the game goes live.
    hopefully the next change will include some decent shield/implants etc for Will tanks so far the only Artifice plans I can see are for Aim/Str tanks :P

speaking of Will Tanks, I know you said Traces was doing a trooper guide, anyone doing a SI/JC guide

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    hopefully the next change will include some decent shield/implants etc for Will tanks so far the only Artifice plans I can see are for Aim/Str tanks :P

speaking of Will Tanks, I know you said Traces was doing a trooper guide, anyone doing a SI/JC guide
    Tbh. I don't know. I only know that Traces was, cus we practically live together on skype + are gm/gm and tank/tank in the same guild.

I am maintaining this compendium at www.swtor-tanking.com and on www.sithwarrior.com aswell, So take a look around, there is alot of your questions to be asked.

But I will holo you as soon as I find a suitable compendium/guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually if no one else was writing one, I was going to do it myself been researching Tankasin since there was a Tank spec for them , I reckon I could do a decidedly average job writing one

p.s. Sith Warrior.com FTW I'm Gorodetski over there

anyway I'll stop derailing this thread now, Awesome job OP!

Deleted
    ive been using your ((AccuracyRating/Lvl)/0.55)) so (207/50/0.55)= 7.52 % hit. Then 7.5 + 90%base + 3% talent = 100.5. Does this not work or do i have to use the 30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3)) prior to it? but if my math isnt a little rust doesnt ^ mean the two should equal each other?
    You need to use the full equation.

You can use the last part of the formula to get an idea of the number, but if you want the real deal you need to get dirty and stick your fingers in the yak
    but the higher stats you are working with, the more incorrect will it be.

I only simplified it to make it more readable for mr. buckie..

So actually, I will delete that part, since it didnt help simplify, mu bad ..

^ is like saying 103 which is equal to 10x10x10.

if they would equal eachother I would have used a =

You need to use the full equation.

You can use the last part of the formula to get an idea of the number, but if you want the real deal you need to get dirty and stick your fingers in the yak
    but the higher stats you are working with, the more incorrect will it be.

I only simplified it to make it more readable for mr. buckie..

So actually, I will delete that part, since it didnt help simplify, mu bad ..

^ is like saying 103 which is equal to 10x10x10.

if they would equal eachother I would have used a =
    Thanks for clearing that up. Got the calculations working and should now properly display the more accurate numbers.

The example spec you gave is a bit odd. Quake is a tank talent, don't bother with it, take Battle Cry for at least a little benefit. You don't have Unyielding, you will be somewhat rage starved in normal PvE since you won't be getting rage from being hit, but you will be cc'd sometimes. You took rampage, but then never say you use ravage, so why bother reducing its cd? You actually should take it, but you need to fit ravage into your rotation sometimes which you seem to have left out. There will be times where everything is on cd or you don't have enough rage where you can use it instead of something like assault. Trying to fit it in makes the timing of things really awkward though. Smash also needs to be fit in somewhere consistently since it gives you 1 rage with Shien form and the 0 rage talent and does good damage even on a single target.

The spec gets really convoluted trying to fit everything in with all the different cooldowns while still managing your rage. The rotation/advice given will work, but I don't believe it is optimal without ravage and smash being used consistently.

Assorted other little fixes:
    Probably want to mention that Force Charge and Saber Throw have 10m minimum ranges. Makes using Saber Throw on cooldown like suggested a little bit harder than a normal ability.
    Sweeping Slash: OP says, "Can be spammed as it has no global cooldown as well". It does have a global cooldown, but not a regular cooldown. It's also a cone, and a tiny one at that, it's not a full AoE.
    Force Push isn't mentioned anywhere? It does decent damage for no rage cost that can be used as a filler if waiting on other cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    The example spec you gave is a bit odd. Quake is a tank talent, don't bother with it, take Battle Cry for at least a little benefit. You don't have Unyielding, you will be somewhat rage starved in normal PvE since you won't be getting rage from being hit, but you will be cc'd sometimes. You took rampage, but then never say you use ravage, so why bother reducing its cd? You actually should take it, but you need to fit ravage into your rotation sometimes which you seem to have left out. There will be times where everything is on cd or you don't have enough rage where you can use it instead of something like assault. Trying to fit it in makes the timing of things really awkward though. Smash also needs to be fit in somewhere consistently since it gives you 1 rage with Shien form and the 0 rage talent and does good damage even on a single target.

The spec gets really convoluted trying to fit everything in with all the different cooldowns while still managing your rage. The rotation/advice given will work, but I don't believe it is optimal without ravage and smash being used consistently.

Assorted other little fixes:
    Probably want to mention that Force Charge and Saber Throw have 10m minimum ranges. Makes using Saber Throw on cooldown like suggested a little bit harder than a normal ability.
    Sweeping Slash: OP says, "Can be spammed as it has no global cooldown as well". It does have a global cooldown, but not a regular cooldown. It's also a cone, and a tiny one at that, it's not a full AoE.
    Force Push isn't mentioned anywhere? It does decent damage for no rage cost that can be used as a filler if waiting on other cooldowns.
    Ravager is mainly taken for cooldown reduction of force choke.
    Torhead stated that sweeping slash had no GCD, thats why i put it, ill change it though.
    Added min range for saber throw and force charge.
    Ive never used force push in PvE ever always had other abilities to use.
    In my playtime never was rage starved by not taking unyielding.
    Ive read that using 3 assaults is better then one ravage. Also assault grants rage ravage does not.
    I stated smash should be used whenever you can if nothing else is up.
    Quake ill make optional because it does have benefits.
    Last edited by Xorak; 2011-12-09 at 08:40 PM.

Ravager is mainly taken for cooldown reduction of force choke.
    I know why you took ravager, I was asking about rampage. It gives a chance to reduce the cd on ravage, but you never use ravage .

Ive never used force push in PvE ever always had other abilities to use.
    It's really nice solo, especially class quest elites where you can push then do a Saber Throw/Force Charge again without having to dance around for range.

In my playtime never was rage starved by not taking unyielding.
    It depends how often you get hit. When I wasn't being hit, it was easy to run low on rage since Sundering doesn't build enough to use everything else on cd.

Ive read that using 3 assaults is better then one ravage. Also assault grants rage ravage does not.
    Ravage is about 10 times the damage of assault. If rage isn't an issue (sometimes it is, sometimes not, really depends on what's going on), ravage is certainly better than assault.

Quake ill make optional because it does have benefits.
    I was thinking all 3 tanks had the accuracy debuff, but I can't find it for Vanguard/Powertech, so it could still be useful, you're right.

I know why you took ravager, I was asking about rampage. It gives a chance to reduce the cd on ravage, but you never use ravage .

It's really nice solo, especially class quest elites where you can push then do a Saber Throw/Force Charge again without having to dance around for range.

It depends how often you get hit. When I wasn't being hit, it was easy to run low on rage since Sundering doesn't build enough to use everything else on cd.

Ravage is about 10 times the damage of assault. If rage isn't an issue (sometimes it is, sometimes not, really depends on what's going on), ravage is certainly better than assault.

I was thinking all 3 tanks had the accuracy debuff, but I can't find it for Vanguard/Powertech, so it could still be useful, you're right.
    Sry thought u said ravager my bad. Ravage can be included in the rotation if u can fit it in. But by no means does it over prioritize the others. Force push yes is awesome for solo'ing but this guide is more so for raiding. Same with unyielding i hope you dont get hit to often in a raid situation unless by unavoidable aoe and not because of bad tanks.

Deleted
    Excellent. I've been looking for some information about Jedi Guardian DPS, and this is as close as it's gonna get I guess! Still not decided if I'm gonna be a Guardian or a Vanguard, but this guide is just what I was looking for, thanks.

Deleted

The trooper/bh miss debuff is a 1 min cd that provides 20% miss chance =/= 20% defense.

How does Juggernaut end up balance-wise?
    By that I mean in raid damage heavy fights they will have abundant rage to spend but much less in low raid damage fights/if they avoid fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the dps style of a vengeance jugg? Is it really bursty or slow ramp up time?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    What is the dps style of a vengeance jugg? Is it really bursty or slow ramp up time?
    Bursty after getting those sunder stacks up. The game describes Vengeance/Vigilance as using strong hammering attacks with a single saber to defeat enemies quickly.