Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m4rtini View Post
    Mage Armor - No longer grants extra mana regeneration.How is this gonna work for arcane mages?
    Arcane Mages will have to have other ways to balance their output. But taking away one of the biggest offenders of overscaling Intellect is a good thing for the class as a whole (Arcane doesn't have to be nerfed every patch, with Fire buffed in the hopes of preetending to keep up)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

There's no way that War Banner is going live like that lolol.

Okay...shadow is then damage only....no emergency help for healers anymore. How about making healing impossible for non-holy palas,druids and shamans then?

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Blessing of Might - Reworked to grant 5 Mastery. Holy Avenger - Now works on your next 5 abilities and lasts as long as Guardian of Ancient Kings. Sacred Shield - Now absorbs 161 damage, down from 1703 Repentance - Mana cost increased to 10%, up from 9%. Speed of Light - 3% Mana cost added. Long Arm of the Law - Movement speed increase now for 3 seconds, up from 2 seconds. Pursuit of Justice - Now also grants 10% increased movement speed at all times.Ok am I missing something? These numbers are really small, blessing of might grants 5 mastery? Does this mean they went through with the item squish/dmg
    Well, I figured that meant 5 mastery as in 5 Mastery, not 5 mastery rating (much like the difference between 5% crit chance and 5 crit rating).

Considering that my Shaman with a pretty hefty amount of mastery rating has around 16 mastery, 5 mastery is quite a lot. That's 25% extra damage to Ignite or another 12.5% bonus to Disc shields, for example.

Im really curious to know how far along they are with MOP considering they are making such little tweaks here and there.

Also, I just noticed a change to a few Warlock spells. Corruption, Unstable Affliction, Bane of Doom, and Bane of Agony all have "Everlasting Affliction", which increases the duration of the spells when you refresh them, up to a certain amount (depending on the spell). Bane of Doom procs Wild Imps, the same imps that you can summon with the spell Wild Imps as Demonology. Soul Fire also has a baseline 4 second cast now and seems to have the Decimation effect of doubling cast time if cast before 25%, though that seems like a mistake to me, since that effect is also still tacked on to Decimation.

I'm gonna have fun with my lock this time around. w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Mysticism is the "you wear only cloth" bonus that all priests get at level 50. Unlike certain other classes, you don't really have a choice in getting this bonus. All specs get it.

Disc will AoE heal thorugh Holy Nova.
    To get there, I expect Holy Nova to be radically reworked.
    - First of all, they need it to heal for more than 2 digits worth of damage per cast.
    - Second, The name is wrong.
    - Third, as this is the only AoE heal for a disc priest, it will either need a range increase, OR be targettable somehow.

Of course, the latter option would put it right up the alley of the new paladin AoE heal, and reinstate all the Circle of Healing with no cooldown issues. So I'm not really sure what will happen, but it will probably work itself out somehow. I expect they will keep the spammable part though. It's not really Holy Nova unless it is spammable like crazy

No doubt, disc will be stronger at Single target healing than AoE healing. But you can't take the ability to AoE heal completely away from a disc priest. Unlike today, Holy Nova will have to be worth casting in MoP. We'll jsut have to wait and see how.
    Yeah I saw that Disc is (seemingly) losing PoH and I kinda shuddered. Holy Nova will hopefully be reworked, and it would be good to see it become "targettable". For instance, cast it on a friendly member and cause a Holy Nova to radiate from them, healing nearby allies for X. Perhaps it would also produce a small DA like PoH currently does? That seems to be one of the better options if they decide to rework HN. About changing the name, I saw a blue post offering to rename it Discipline Nova (Jokingly. I think the name is fine) I like the direction they are going with priests in MoP

Deleted
    lol banner... so fucking op

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been playing this game for 6 years and this is going to be the first time i say this. If this talent system goos live i quit this are freaking CoD perks not talents this is no MMORPG no more. First time i took some interest in next xpack and its bad just as bad as 1 new class race SWTOR better be good

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Blessing of Might - Reworked to grant 5 Mastery. Holy Avenger - Now works on your next 5 abilities and lasts as long as Guardian of Ancient Kings. Sacred Shield - Now absorbs 161 damage, down from 1703 Repentance - Mana cost increased to 10%, up from 9%. Speed of Light - 3% Mana cost added. Long Arm of the Law - Movement speed increase now for 3 seconds, up from 2 seconds. Pursuit of Justice - Now also grants 10% increased movement speed at all times.Ok am I missing something? These numbers are really small, blessing of might grants 5 mastery? Does this mean they went through with the item squish/dmg
    You raise a good point, and I noticed that too, about the drastic reduction in the amount Holy Shield mitigates. I also noticed many mage spells' mana costs being reduced to 1 or 2% mana. Perhaps they also got rid of the "base mana cost" and now it costs 1-3% of your total mana (this may actually be stated somewhere, idk). Could be very possible they are planning on squishing things in MoP.

Deleted
    err dont think anyones pointed it out yet , but rapture before this fix was not on any of the rogue skill lists..... with the removal of the bleed debuff this could been seen a significant for combat at least , with blizz talking about cleaning out abilitys cluttering bars... well i could envison this as beein a sub only skill (signiture finnsher for each spec maby).. question becomes is rapture needed in the rogue rotations to keep them compelling and on pah with other melee classes..... im mainly speaking of combat but would be intrested 2 hear wot ppl think.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    ive been playing this game for 6 years and this is going to be the first time i say this. If this talent system goos live i quit this are freaking CoD perks not talents this is no MMORPG no more. First time i took some interest in next xpack and its bad just as bad as 1 new class race SWTOR better be good
    Then leave.

You won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    Actually, you can't level up these talents by killing raid bosses, so in that respect, they are indeed not CoD perks. However, you are right in a sense and I, for one, think it's a great idea. Being able to actually CHOOSE how you want your character to play on a situational basis rather than a one-size-fits-all cookie-cutter spec (Don't get started about cookie cutters, I'm aware they will still exist to a small degree) is far more engaging, and in that sense is like CoD perks. But it seems you have ignored all these facts as the vast majority of people here already know what I'm saying. Have fun in SWTOR, I'm sure it will be fun, as is WoW currently, and will be in the next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Then leave.

You won't be missed.
    saw that one coming miles away and you know i used to say that same line a 1000 times. I just hope more people feel like me that this system is well boring.

The weapon of my choice are great balls of fire!

The ability to cast Hammer of Wrath during Avenging Wrath is now listed on the skill tooltip as baseline. Inb4 Nerf ret pally QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Then leave.

You won't be missed.
    everytime someone says, he or she will quit, someone will post that useless response. No one is interested, if you care or not, but people leaving the game is something that matters. Why? Because you cannot play this game, if there's no one else to play with.
    Last edited by Mutschi; 2011-12-08 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutschi View Post
    everytime someone says, he or she will quit, someone will post that useless response. No one is interested, if you care or not, but people leaving the game is something that matters. Why? Because you cannot play this game, if there's no one else there, to play with.
    I happen to believe the game community will be better off with some of these people leaving. I just ask that people that disagree with the game do it in a mature way. You played WoW because it interested you. Now it doesn't. Instead of up and leaving, and starting a flamewar in the process, why not express what bothers you in a way that helps the developers to fix it? (I wasn't referring to you, I'm referring to the people that make posts like the guy above us).

Quote Originally Posted by Zantesuken View Post
    I happen to believe the game community will be better off with some of these people leaving. I just ask that people that disagree with the game do it in a mature way. You played WoW because it interested you. Now it doesn't. Instead of up and leaving, and starting a flamewar in the process, why not express what bothers you in a way that helps the developers to fix it? (I wasn't specifically referring to you).
    I agree with you that constructive feedback should be given, if you announce on a forum that you're leaving the game. I am just fed up with reading the same, stupid and completely worthless response "LULZ, we won't miss you, bb".

10+ Year Old Account
    Mocking Banner - Forces all enemies within 15 yards of the banner to focus attacks on the warrior for 6 seconds. Lasts 30 seconds.
    I'm confused, does it just last for 6 seconds or for 30 second?