Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is just my personal experience from the beta. If you enjoy playing in pairs or more, this is a good game for you. I notice how a lot of people call this a "Single-player MMO" but after actually playing the game alone and with a friend; this statement just makes me laugh. Playing with a small group of people in this game was some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Whether it's questing, Warzones, flashpoints, etc. I found that the game systems actually thrived in a group environment. I think the group dialogue is one of the most amazing things about this game. It really reminded me of our old DnD campaigns. Sitting around the table and trying to pick different answers. Not to mention that amazing synergy between classes. Combat definitely feels more rewarding than WoW, especially with multiple classes. I found that the animations synced up really well. I actually felt like we were fighting as a team, instead of 4-8 people just playing whack-a-mole by themselves. Mechanically we are doing the same things we did in WoW, but the visuals do a great job of masking it. Combat felt different for me.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2011-12-08 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    I think the early access is weighted so that the earlier you preordered, the earlier you will be invited to join the game. So if early access is important to you, be aware you might preorder now, and still not get in.
    I could be 10000% wrong. I only know what the Sw ToR site shows, but, the Early Access is 7 days right, 13-20th

The side banner on the site shows "Pre-Order now for up to 5 days early access" lwhich indicates, to me, that they estimate if you order now, you can get in on the 3rd day, 5th from release

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    I could be 10000% wrong. I only know what the Sw ToR site shows, but, the Early Access is 7 days right, 13-20th

The side banner on the site shows "Pre-Order now for up to 5 days early access" lwhich indicates, to me, that they estimate if you order now, you can get in on the 3rd day, 5th from release
    Up until today, early access was 5 days. They lengthened it.

It's always been the case that the day you get into early access is determined by how early you pre-ordered AND entered your code.

This extra 2 days might (and probably) have been added due to sheer volumes of people. It gives 2 extra days to funnel people in and have less server stress. If you preorder now, I wouldn't expect to get in until the last day, if at all.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Up until today, early access was 5 days. They lengthened it.

It's always been the case that the day you get into early access is determined by how early you pre-ordered AND entered your code.

This extra 2 days might (and probably) have been added due to sheer volumes of people. It gives 2 extra days to funnel people in and have less server stress. If you preorder now, I wouldn't expect to get in until the last day, if at all.
    Well, thank you for the clarification, I guess i might just do it, but, (not counting on it) but I would imagine i might get a day or two in, because according to biowares statement, they did say its not too late to qualify, but thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumicide View Post
    There's a Mass Effect 2 demo on steam, I'm not sure what mission it stats at, or if it's any good, but that's sorta how it is, with sorta WoW mechanics, instead of being a TPS.
    Mind this, while you're playing an FPSRPG, SWTOR looks like it plays a lot more like DA:2 but feels more like Mass Effect in a comparison because it's in space and has guns. From all videos of the Beta I have watched, I now feel very bad for skipping the invites I received to finish all 300 hours of Skyrim in under two weeks. I don't know how much the term beta is beta holds up these days, as not everything is liable to be fixed or spit shined, but bearing in mind I was cheated out of two questlines for achievements in Skyrim and managed to write it off as no big deal, I think I could deal with a few shitty problems in SWTOR were I to get my hands on it on this season.

Your bottom line is stated many times over: the game is basically an on-going RPG for you to play. Instances aren't so much dungeon crawls but scenarios in which you can make choices via dialogue that will determine the outcome that you roll dice for the chance to speak. If I were to say anything of a comparison, few other MMORPGs keep the sanctity of the "RPG" part- they keep the stats and the game, but drop the roleplay. I'm pointing a finger at more than WoW so you can call it fair. Particularly WoW however, even if they attempted to make me feel like the pilot of my characters' destinies in Azeroth, I was still on a rail, albeit a rusty and over-used one that somehow failed to have direction and ended in the Twilight Zone, badum-tish. Bioware knows you're on a rail in SWTOR too, but at least it seems they focused on making it scenic and engaging instead of just giving you a bajillion diversions to keep you bleeding money. Plus being evil never looked so good as a Sith. They've reportedly done Star Wars quite well.

EDIT: I've mistakenly called Mass Effect an FPS. I'm going to go hang myself now.
    Last edited by MephistoXVIII; 2011-12-08 at 03:21 AM.
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Have you always wanted to mix your love of Vanilla WoW with watching TV? Then this game is for you my friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    It's Star Wars?
    Some people don't like Star Wars but love MMOs.
    At the same time, if you just think of light sabers being super-heated swords, and Force being crazy telekinesis, then you'd never know this game was set in the star wars universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Pokemon.

I saw the article saying about the early access, and I see on the website if you pre-order now you can still get in up to 5 days early.

I have an alienware laptop shipping in about the same time, and I wanna get more info about this game.

I will still play WoW, SW:ToR for an off project.

I was initally deterred from looking at anything ToR because of the fanboyism some people were expressing in the WoW forum (im not speaking to most of you, honestly the ones saying the day ToR launches WoW burns a fiery death.... -.- both games will exist)

I started to peak a slight interest playing my first RPG in years (since FFX) in Skyrim, I had fun, loved the style, and from what I understand (please dont crucify me for saying this) it seems like ToR would resemble skyrim, in the sense of open world, voice quests and a real RPG feel.

I also had some when I found out my old guild (one im still in on some chars) was planning on making a ToR guild, and they always tell me I have a home with em, and maybe ToR is the time to take the offer.

What I want, is some non-BIASED info about the game, and maybe some noob guides where I can read up on.

Thanks for your time.
    Stupid people don't play SWTOR .. Are you stupid? You don't sound like it therefore, you must play SWTOR.
    Haven't played a Bioware game, like i said most RPGs I play are Final Fantasy, last one being 10 when it was out, but i figured, its a hell of a story teller (best comparison I had)
    This is also stupid, they make some of the best games

Play it, it sells itself.

Please capitalize the O though, it stands for Old, not of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thank you for the clarification, I guess i might just do it, but, (not counting on it) but I would imagine i might get a day or two in, because according to biowares statement, they did say its not too late to qualify, but thanks.
    dupree...like from <Powerlamers> dupree?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

@ Anoitkos: You've explained exactly how I feel about this game. It's a good start to what could be a good game. However, unlike you, I decided that my beta experience was good enough to satisfy my urge to play this game, I will not be buying it after launch. For me, I feel as though there are too many systems in the game that need to be over hauled and completely re done for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    It's Star Wars?

Unfortunately, I have come to believe that this has become the motto @ BioWare. 'It's Star Wars, we can copy wow's talent system from patch 3.0 almost word for word and people will like it.'

Among many other features that are all too similar to out dated systems from wow. To me it really feels like playing wow from late Burning Crusade/early Wrath of the Lich King, minus the smooth character controls and combat in conjunction with a fully customizable UI.

In the Empire, Star Wars sells you!

Quit being lazy and go read stickies and the other 1,000 posts, holy crap...

It does not play like the FF games and Skyrim. It's Mass Effect 2+Star Wars The Knights of the Old Republic+WoW mixed together basically.

It takes the storytelling, dialouges, companions from Mass Effect. The setting from SWKotOR. And the MMO portion itself from WoW. Of course they have also taken some different approaches to professions, and the small little things like AoE-loot and last but not least, choreographed combat animations (those are things that I can think of right now).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

IF you played through your characters storyline once .....u got your moneys worth out of the game

Haven't played a Bioware game, like i said most RPGs I play are Final Fantasy, last one being 10 when it was out, but i figured, its a hell of a story teller (best comparison I had)
    Ive always been a huge Final Fantasy fan,X being one of my favs when I was younger.And I find Bioware's games to be nothing short of Gaming heaven.So try Mass effect,see its beauty and know...thats in MMO form with swtor.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymustard View Post
    Have you always wanted to mix your love of Vanilla WoW with watching TV? Then this game is for you my friend.
    Have you always wanted to troll game forums and spout useless drivel about a game that you don't intend to play? Then you have made it to the big show pal, great job.

It's your average MMO. Nothing much more, not much less. I found it entertaining for the first 30 levels or so, then it gets kinda stretched out and repetitive (like most MMO's). The cutscenes for every quest are well done and different but that also gets old after so many hours when you realize your spending half or more of your time in front of the computer listening to conversations instead of playing the game. The class story quests are different but that's about 20% of the game, you'll be repeating the same 80% of the cutscenes and quests conversations if you play another class of the same faction.

It's an ok game, i tested it for about 2 months and got to level 50 before they made us uninstall and download a new 30gb build which i never bothered to do.

If your looking for a way to pass some time the game is fine, if your a person bored with world of warcraft looking for something new you'll start getting the same bored feeling after a month or 2.

Essentially, SW:TOR is a typical MMORPG with an in-depth theme park storyline for each class and a Star Wars setting. There are some things it does better than other MMOs, some that is does worse, some that it does the same and some that it just does different.

That isn't saying anything bad about it; I intend to play the crap out of it. If you enjoy MMOs, enjoy Star Wars and like theme park storylines, then you'll probably like SW:TOR.