Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Any current or former Ravers out there?

Are you in here?

As a long time (now former) raver, I've always been curious on how many of us are or were WoW players. So...pop off if you're in here.

In Chicago we just call it going to the club. And former, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    As a long time (now former) raver, I've always been curious on how many of us are or were WoW players. So...pop off if you're in here.
    What do you mean by raver? As far as I'm concerned, that scene died in about 1999-2000.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    In Chicago we just call it going to the club. And former, yeah.
    Went to some deep house clubs in Chi town in the mid-90's. Amazing scene in that city.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    What do you mean by raver? As far as I'm concerned, that scene died in about 1999-2000.
    I used to think the same thing. went through a jaded old school raver period in the early 2000's. Got over it though. It's not dead...just different. For most of us old school heads...it's too different. but that's another story for another time.

exactly. It's just everything that a rave entails plus a cover charge and stupid expensive drinks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ummm I would have never called myself a "raver" although I did attend a bunch of them in the late 90's into the aughts. The scene got a little to young for me and I wasn't really going to fit in well. It's the kind of thing you just grow out of.

exactly. It's just everything that a rave entails plus a cover charge and stupid expensive drinks.
    Better music.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Ummm I would have never called myself a "raver" although I did attend a bunch of them in the late 90's into the aughts. The scene got a little to young for me and I wasn't really going to fit in well. It's the kind of thing you just grow out of.
    Age was the main reason I stopped going to events around 2005. I still go to club events and large festivals w/ the wife and other old school ravers from time to time. But that's the occasional thing...not every weekend like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus1811 View Post
    Better music.
    That's debatable. Some of those early 90's sounds were amazing. A little Cafe Del Mar anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunate the scene kinda died out : /

fist pumping guidos = 2011 Rave scene

Heh! I luaghed... then reminisced... I've been all over NA ravin' back in the late 90's Rabbit in the Moon in NY, Hullabaloo and WEMF in Canadia... you name it... and no, the scene isn't dead, if you glance, it's still amazing, Cochella Fest. Insomnia is a HUGE promo company. Just new different stuff, I really find myself enjoying some Dubstep at the moment. It's different but I'm loving das' beats =-) here's a small example of new dubstep =-)

http://youtu.be/2cXDgFwE13g

I know the vid is creepy, but I love it.

Amazing Sig by Eis!

I might have been a bit excessive in my previous comment. I was at some public parties (street parties, fetes, can't be bothered with the accent mark atm) in 2005-2007 that I would say qualify for what I would call raves.

Going to leave it with this, which has been my favorite electronica song for many years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwRSv7uWjQ

I never thought somebody could consider himself a raver. Maybe people going to pubs are pubbers, people playing pool are poolers, and people going to the cinema are filmers or anything like that? I guess people want pretty much everything they do to kind of define themselves. Creepy

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might have been a bit excessive in my previous comment. I was at some public parties (street parties, fetes, can't be bothered with the accent mark atm) in 2005-2007 that I would say qualify for what I would call raves.

Going to leave it with this, which has been my favorite electronica song for many years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwRSv7uWjQ
    Great track. This was probably the track that got my hooked on EDM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQqYFNK50M

15+ Year Old Account
    Age was the main reason I stopped going to events around 2005. I still go to club events and large festivals w/ the wife and other old school ravers from time to time. But that's the occasional thing...not every weekend like it used to be.
    It would be a little weird now since I'm 31. Most people that went to raves back in my time were 16-22

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    I never thought somebody could consider himself a raver. Maybe people going to pubs are pubbers, people playing pool are poolers, and people going to the cinema are filmers or anything like that? I guess people want pretty much everything they do to kind of define themselves. Creepy
    In the early 90's - and throughout that decade - the rave scene became and remained a sort of culture and community. Defining yourself as a raver was more than just becoming part of that community...it was who you were. There was so much more to raving than drugs and music. It was a way of life. Calling yourself a raver meant something then.

---------- Post added 2011-11-26 at 05:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It would be a little weird now since I'm 31. Most people that went to raves back in my time were 16-22
    I'm 33 now. The events I go to are 21+ only these days - with the exception of a few. My crew is pretty much all people my age.

When i stopped going, I was a shade under 27. At that time, it started to feel weird. I felt like the scene kind of passed me by. Maybe it did.

Great track. This was probably the track that got my hooked on EDM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjQqYFNK50M
    Ahh, it had to be FSOL. I can't even listen to them anymore. It brings me back to a certain time and place, somewhere I don't want to think about.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, it had to be FSOL. I can't even listen to them anymore. It brings me back to a certain time and place, somewhere I don't want to think about.
    Embrace it. Let it bring you back to a simpler time.

Raved and mixed DnB at raves/clubs from 1995 to about 2001. Don't really miss it that much, but I wouldn't do it any other way.

Embrace it. Let it bring you back to a simpler time.
    I'd rather not. Even so, I give them absolute respect. Lifeforms did...things...to me.