Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Elitist poster got politely told that he was being a dickhead. Much better and more effective than ''Please refrain from breaching the forum guidelines, which can be found here: csbnfhibvvpihdvbn2138mmciow''

Zarhym goes on to quote someone else who does not agree with the OP in that ''he enjoys hard raids thanks'' but he does it without acting like a dickhead, and as such is not rebuked or infracted in any way and is in fact praised for knowing how to abide by the terms.

Thanks for completely missing that out OP. Well played.

Besides, if you're going to QQ about Mods being bad ass, at least do it about Bashiok. The guy's hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad theres a majority of players here who agree with the way Zarhym responded, and seriously hope he doesn't cave into the whing from the minority of butt hurt players for being told off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me.
    People like random dude, and you (since you don't understand the point he was making, which indicates you're an elitist as well), were who they listened to, and it has cost their company hundreds of millions of dollars.

I think they're sort of sick of you, too.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2011-12-08 at 12:47 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for Zarhym!! More blues need to respond like he did to whiny-ass punks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Minx View Post
    my last few accounts got banned here as i tend to get passionate in some debates. i have given a reply to another with a site, have a lookie see. there were 5000 people selected from fansites to help test the end game.
    Okay I searched a load of different keywords and found no heroic operations, all of them were normal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minx View Post
    think lfr is easy? wait till you see swtors 2 raids, our healers literally did it blind folded. tanks did it with only using there mouses. no wipes, success our first try. and thats the wow killer... i see a bright future for mmo's
    Please tell me that is not serious. I had high hopes for that game...

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Agreed, the reply was unprofessional.

The dude who posted might have deserved it, but that doesn't matter since CMs are paid to be professional PR spokespeople and not descend to the level that the customers on the official boards or MMO-c allow ourselves to descend to sometimes.

But I'm afraid you won't find many people on this forum who agree with that sentiment. I remember a big thread on this general issue a couple of months ago and the general consensus was: "Blizzard and the CMs are totally right, if you open your mouth in self-entitled criticism prepare to be smacked down, professionalism or not".

I disagree, but then again, I'm one person and I believe in being a consummate professional, especially if it's the kind of job that CMs have - stressful, but voluntary, well-payed and in an industry most probably dreamed of working in.
    I would agree with you, but he didn't insult the guy outwardly, he made a broad statement about the community while answering the poster as well.

Plus, personally, there's a point where professionalism and "the customer is always right" needs to step down to address the consumer base at eye level, and I would rather someone I can relate to, because they're more human than a generic robotic response account.

People are more comfortable with PR reps if they can relate and see similarities in them of themselves, and as hard as it may be to some to hear it, the truth about the community is pretty nasty, what with the entitlement and whining and "everything about me" attitude and treatment.

See, I appreciate that PR reps have to deal with ornery customers, what I also appreciate it a little backbone and a human being behind the account, not a people pleaser.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    We'll see, I haven't seen any heroic footage and from what I heard heroic just had tighter enrage timers and 5% more hp+damage, so I doubt it's even finished.
    Only seen Morchok and Zon'Ozz, will try Hagara next.

And they do have new mechanics added to them, not just more HP and hit harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    depends on skill level / raiding experience. the operations are as fun as hell and imo that makes up or the easiness. but thats just me.

---------- Post added 2011-12-08 at 12:48 PM ----------

new batch of testing videos should be up as of last night. will have a look after work.

Dude, after Cataclysm, it's going to be an epic quest to even find an MMO with difficult end game. You think the rest of the game industry hasn't been following Blizzard's travails closely? They (and their pointy haired bosses) aren't going to ignore the lesson of what happens when a game caters to the hardcore at the expense of the typical player.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

I would have thought that a normal LFR raid would have had the last boss taken off its roster, since from a lore point of view the 'last boss' is meant to be epic and difficult to beat and hence should be reserved for harder difficulties.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Clearly this would bolster their PR and help retain subs. Do you really believe this? No seriously I want to know.
    Valid point, but you get my drift, its a disgrace the way some players can hide behind a screen a hurl abuse, simply NO need to be rude or disrespectfull.

Edit: spelling

Zarhym is right. LFR is supposed to be easy.

People who want easy things taken out so they can feel like a special snowflake are, generally, dicks.

If you don't like his response, or that you give him money to say that, then stop giving it. I'm sure they'll miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I would have thought that a normal LFR raid would have had the last boss taken off its roster, since from a lore point of view the 'last boss' is meant to be epic and difficult to beat and hence should be reserved for harder difficulties.
    This basically means that a huge chunk of players don't get to finish the expansion. No, that's not a good idea at all: those players end with a bad taste in their mouths, just before a natural breakpoint (being asked to plunk down money for a new expansion) where people tend to drift away from the game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I personally give him a pat on his back
    Me too. 'tad too elitist' makes this game angsty and lame.
    Sure, know your role, but christ get a grip, 'tad too elitist' shits all over this community, every day, all day.
    How's that fun again?
    Who wants to play a game with that asshole?
    I am in no way white knighting fails, I just believe 'tad too elitist' is a people skills fail.
    Good players bring out the best in people, not act like giant douchebags.
    Maybe it's time the community learns the difference between the two.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Me too. 'tad too elitist' makes this game angsty and lame.
    Sure, know your role, but christ get a grip, 'tad too elitist' shits all over this community, every day, all day.
    How's that fun again?
    Who wants to play a game with that asshole?
    I am in no way white knighting fails, I just believe 'tad too elitist' is a people skills fail.
    Good players bring out the best in people, not act like giant douchebags.
    Maybe it's time the community learns the difference between the two.
    Thank you, this is exactly how I feel.

There is a massive difference between the kind of hardcore player who is good, knows it, and is still a decent human being, and the kind who is good, knows it, and is a complete assbiting anti-social jerk. We need more of column A and a whole lot less of column B.

Personally I'd love to buy Zarhym a beer in honor of his response.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

I agree with Zahrym, maybe his reply was abit out there, but he was completely right. Everyone pays the same subscription fee, so everyone should be able to experience the full game, and this is what LFR does.
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

The part that irritates me is the "turn on vent, and repeatedly remind your friends how good you are. I have no doubt they care" basicly saying "we don't give a shit about what you say, maybe someone else cares because we don't". Complaining, doesn't matter how rude it is, has to be treated professionaly. Imagine if you bought something and sudennly that thing turns totally shit and you call the company to complain (rudely or not) and they tell you "lol fuck off and go to your mommy maybe she cares". Because this is how I take Zarhym reply.
    Last edited by Mongoose19; 2011-12-08 at 01:02 PM.

Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me. I know he was replying to a tad "too elitist" person who although made a good point but the way he replied is totally unprofessional. If a someone from a company I give my money to replied to me in that manner I would just smack him in the face with no regret. Blue posters are getting more and more rude, to a point it's not even funny or considered as a joke.
    FIRST time I see blue response that REALLY FITS the conversation. If I was on Zarhym's place I'd prolly long ago ban "randomguy" for asking another, irrelevant, troll-spreading question, that just shows elitism and nothing more.
    I'm sorry but what is wrong if easier content is downed before normal content? It's too dumbed down? Damn for me it could be "run in, hit it with a stick once to kill it" as long as it rewards less than doing it normal way. LFR is one of the best additions Blizz has done to raiding scene. It allows people have fun while killing stuff without drama, multiple wipes etc. that usually are a part of "normal pug". If some people are better - they can raid normal, or heroic instances, get better rewards, and feel more accomplished..
    Zarhym was 100% right, and done right thing. Those people should be shut up for giving no actual feedback, instead of whining, QQ-ing and acting like worst cases of elitist pricks I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me. I know he was replying to a tad "too elitist" person who although made a good point but the way he replied is totally unprofessional. If a someone from a company I give my money to replied to me in that manner I would just smack him in the face with no regret. Blue posters are getting more and more rude, to a point it's not even funny or considered as a joke.
    Really, this sickens you? Someone getting real with someone else? You'd rather have a half-baked premade response?
    It sickens me that this sickens you, and it sickens me even more that you agree with the poster. Is is that hard to see that there is no achievement to get from doing lfr, as opposed to the normal/heroic raid?

Downing bosses in lfr is like doing a game of Whack-a-mole. In no way cool to tell your friends about it, unless you can tell them you actually used it to practise on whacking moles in real life, holding one of the buggers up as a trophy.

You pay them money to play their product, not to nag and whine at them and demand being cuddled and covered in sweetness.