Poll: Which class would you recommend a Diablo bet play FIRST?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Class Recommendations?

I just got my beta invite last night and will be getting my game on this weekend, my question to those of you who have actually played so far; What class would you recommend to someone to play for someone who played a ton of Diablo 2? What recommendation for someone who has never played a top down RPG before?

Poll is for players with prior Diablo experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RunItsTheFuz View Post
    What class would you recommend to someone to play for someone who played a ton of Diablo 2? What recommendation for someone who has never played a top down RPG before?
    You ask for two opposite scenarios, but you only have 1 poll. How should I vote?

Anyway, Barbarian seems like a solid choice to try first in D3, whether or not you have played D2 before.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    I realized that as I was asking the question, that's why I added the caveat at the end of my previous post, the poll is for players with previous Diablo experience.

Honestly I think it entirely depends on your own preferences and playstyle. Think about what character you play in WoW (assuming you do, or at the very least have MMO/RPG experience).

Do you like the magic wielders, standing at the back and blasting foes with visually impressive blasts of magic?
    Do you like charging into a large group of demons, a whirling force of destruction with gigantic, deadly weapons?
    Do you like to summon creatures to defeat your enemies, or maybe throw out curses and hexes as well?
    Do you like to stand far back, launching a barrage of arrows and destroying anything that dares to approach?
    Do you like quick, focused melee attacks, with the power of your faith to guide your fists?

I believe Blizzard are making all 5 classes able to start on a roughly even footing. There may be one class that is easier than another at different points of the game, and maybe there'll be one class that becomes the absolute 'best'. But for most of us, we'll be able to see success by just playing the class we most enjoy playing. So just give it some thought and give all the classes a try. See what you enjoy. You can't go far wrong, and even if the class you pick ends up being horrible for you, it's not too difficult to change.

After getting my beta invite and playing all classes to level 5+, it honestly feels like all classes play well and are relatively easy to play.

Probably the easiest would have to be Barbarian or Demon Hunter, Barbarian for just literally destroying mobs and Demon Hunter is pretty easy with the homing missile thing (no real need to aim). But again, I felt all classes played relatively equally and were all fun and easy to get into in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite enjoying the monk thus far and how the mechanics feel when I use them. Every punch, kick, spirit attack/ability is spot on, feels smooth, and looks impressive.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Barbarian is definitely going to be the easiest to start off with. Barbs can take a beating better than probably any class so mistakes are easier to forgive. You could argue that a pet witch doctor is beefy because the pets do the brawling, but he's still squishy and you WILL get hit by stuff.

In D2 I also found the Barbarian and Paladin classes to be the easiest to get familiar with the game. Eventually you get used to the controls, dodging/kiting stuff etc thus making the squishier types a lot more manageable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    I'm quite enjoying the monk thus far and how the mechanics feel when I use them. Every punch, kick, spirit attack/ability is spot on, feels smooth, and looks impressive.
    Yea I would go Monk

When I got in the Beta I started on the Witchdoctor. But when I started a Monk I fell in love with the class. And it will be the one that I go with when the game comes out
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

Mage classes will always be the strongest because they can kill everything without ever taking damage.

Barbarian, because of the simpler class concept while it neing fun and dynamic. Anyone would find fun cleaving hordes of demons on your way to glory.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.