New setup or stick to the old - 3v3

Hello fellow PvP'ers!

Last season, my team reached 2.2k which was a personal goal. I play with two real life friends, and they are sticking to Disc and Ele. Now last season i was playing affliction warlock, and it was great, and we had fun.
    Now last night we tried the same setup, except i played my mage, a bit undergeared but still.
    I'm wondering, if it was up to you! Which of those two setups would you run?

Any help is appriciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Stick with the comp you enjoy the most, if you managed 2.2 with lock/shammy/priest and enjoy it why ditch it?

Well i ditched it because i felt that with a mage in the setup, we could rely more on heavy burst, and not draining them
    Quote Originally Posted by Untoldblasphemy View Post
    "You play for fun, but when I kill you, who's having the fun?"
    ^ Awesome !

Deleted
    As you say, mage + ele can bring unholy amount of pain and it requires little setup. After dancing around and collect enemy team trinkets it is over in a DF if you are a bit lucky with crits. Problem would be that CC is on same DR, hex/poly. Same can be said about your fears if you decide on the lock but a lock has less need for a CC then a ele sham.

Quote Originally Posted by Store1989 View Post
    Well i ditched it because i felt that with a mage in the setup, we could rely more on heavy burst, and not draining them
    Yeah I hear you, I don't play any castercleaves so it's not my area of expertise so to speak, I love to play with warlocks though I play Warr-Lock-Druid(me) and R(me)MP with 2 of my irl buddies.

So I'd go with lock-ele-priest, in the end it's still just about which comp is more fun to you and if you are semi serious which comp are you guys doing best with.

Warlock setup is better than Mage setup in my opinion.

Go fire spec as Mage and you'll still get 2.2k. Just run BGs to gear and stop being lazy.