Hurricane Bawbag

So here in Scotland we're having a bit of windy weather right now. 90mph winds, flooding, bridges closed, schools closed, christmas decorations being ripped from the walls,power outages and alot of other chaos.

The Hurricane is offically called Friedhelm, but through Twitter, has been termed *Hurricane Bawbag*

I live near Edinburgh myself and it is mental outside, but in our time of chaos i thought I would share just one of the reactions to this Hurricane!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Bawbag

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hurric...56939584362918
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2011-12-09 at 10:39 AM.

Deleted
    Aberdeen here; that bastard took out our Christmas Decorations on the main street D:

Edit:

Few more pictures from around Scotland here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16094360
    Last edited by mmoc65a9be75bb; 2011-12-08 at 04:22 PM.

Those Poor Christmas Deccies, well thats the rain just started up here, my cats won't come out of the cupboard. and I've had to tape my letterbox down, cause it keeps chapping lol

Just got our power back on, was off for 5 hours here, winds have calmed down now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamus View Post
    Just got our power back on, was off for 5 hours here, winds have calmed down now though.
    Ouch We haven't had any power outages yet, though the lights have been flickering on and off for a few hours, just glad i'm inside warm and cosy, I wouldn't wanna be out in that. Wind's still strong here, but not as bad as it was a couple hours ago, think we may have passed the worst

Deleted
    Damnit. Found out we're getting hit by the worst of it at Mid-night. It shifts from the Central-belt to the NE then. :/

Deleted
    o noes! run!

we get regular thunder storms with sustained 90mph winds in ohio.. suck it up scotland.

Deleted
    Birdhouse smashed my conservatory roof, damn Bawbag.

Gonna have to drive to work in an hour or so, might just call in and say a tree fell on the road....

Fkin bawbags...

i lol'd...hurricane bawbag is a good name for it :P, but other than a 20 minute burst of heavy rain and high wind this morning the rest of the day has been windy but nothing to bad...that's just outside glasgow.

Fail wind turbine
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-12-08 at 06:32 PM.

Bawbag has to be one of the most hilarious names for a hurricane I've ever seen, and I lol'd at the trampoline video. Still, stay safe and all that.

Best of luck up there!
    Nice nickname for the hurricane.

Thanks to Hurricane Bawbag, Glasgow Uni cancelled my class so I get to skip an exam \o/

Also, apparently only 1 or 2 venues are open tonight, and sleazys is one of them, so I'll be heading out there in an hour to see my brothers band play!

Just hope these windows don't come flying in, stupid listed building.

Hillarious that I KNEW it had to be about Scotland when I read 'Hurricane Bawbag' on the frontpage lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    we get regular thunder storms with sustained 90mph winds in ohio.. suck it up scotland.
    90 Mph is outside the main bother zone. The main part of it is going at 160 mph. That's down in the central belt atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A colloquial name, "Hurricane Bawbag", was coined following discussion on Twitter, based on the vulgar Scottish vernacular bawbag, meaning scrotum. The name has since been widely used among social media users and news agencies.
    That's awesome.
    Stay safe though.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091 View Post
    Indeed it isn't as huge as the speeds other countries deal with on a regular basis.

But it's huge for us Our stuff isn't built to deal with extreme weather for the most part, so it shakes things up alot more than a country that is used to these things happening

Wind's dropped alot in the last few hours, so fingers crossed that's the worst of it over

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Indeed it isn't as huge as the speeds other countries deal with on a regular basis.

But it's huge for us Our stuff isn't built to deal with extreme weather for the most part, so it shakes things up alot more than a country that is used to these things happening

Wind's dropped alot in the last few hours, so fingers crossed that's the worst of it over
    Was gonna say, it's incredibly unusual to get a storm like that in the North Atlantic. It's way too chilly! I hope you folks are all safe and dry and that you get power back soon if you're without. Having no electricity is the suckiest part of a major storm. :/
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Deleted
    What a shite wind turbine. If there's a time I want my wind turbine to work it's when it's fucking windy. That is its only purpose in life, to be blown by wind. I am blown, therefore I am. That's like having a bath that turns into a colander when you put too much water in. I don't want you to be a colander, I want you to be a bath. And then Greenpeace will bitch about us needing to use more renewable energy. Tell you what Greenpeace, make some wind turbines that don't set on fire and explode when it's windy and rainy. What the shit Greenpeace. What the shit.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2011-12-08 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcumISlR2Ps

Win audio combined with win video.