Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    The answer isn't revolution. The answer is reform. Campaign finance reform to be precise. We have to get private dollars out of politics. Campaign donations from corporations, "fact finding" trips. fundraisers. All that crap has to go.
    Agreed. The system isn't broken - we don't need revolution, but the system isn't healthy and needs a lot of work. We need reforms. As this guy so eloquently stated, and as you've agreed with, is that we need to get private money out of the election system. We need to basically open our political system up so that it's not just the two dominant parties that have a shot at winning the Presidency.

Hell, go look at stats - Dubya was the guy who had the most money for his campaign both years he won the election, and Obama spent more money on campaigning than anyone else for his election. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this held true for previous Presidents. I liked a joke Robin Williams once made, that we should have our politicians dress up like NASCAR drivers, so we can at least see who's sponsoring them.

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 01:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Too bad he's more partisan than the majority of this nation.. Let's play his other 100 clips of him sucking up to liberals and bashing the right. He'll spew about how he's so mad at both sides, but in reality he spends 90% of the time bashing only one side while the other side is doing the same thing. He's an extremely bias Nancy-Pelosi liberal that won't be on air very long like most MSNBC crew..
    Generally speaking, the right is more commonly painted as the villain than the left in terms of corruption, and for good reason for the most part. If you see him as bashing the right while being in bed with the left... well, the left tends to represent change more than the right, and our country needs change quite badly. OWS should've made you aware of that, if nothing else.

Understand I'm not talking about Republicans versus Democrats - I'm talking about political leftists (liberal-minded) versus political rightists (conservative-minded.) Something the hardcore liberals used to say (and still do, I'm sure) was that even our left-wing party (Democrats) were still pretty far to the right, all things considered. So that our two parties were more like "kinda right-wing" versus "hardcore right-wing."

I'm just a tad left of dead center on the political compass, but with how idiotically the right-wing has been acting in our country, I'm probably sliding more to the left these days... not necessarily out of any kind of belief in that the left is better, but more because I'm disgusted with how the right has been represented lately.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'm just a tad left of dead center on the political compass, but with how idiotically the right-wing has been acting in our country, I'm probably sliding more to the left these days... not necessarily out of any kind of belief in that the left is better, but more because I'm disgusted with how the right has been represented lately.
    That's the only thing that the guy missed in the video - people in the US don't vote for one party because they agree with it, they vote for one party because they don't agree with the other party, and that's why there will never be a change: People expect the other party to die if you vote for the other side, but there never will be change because the system hasn't been changed in 200 years, what makes them think it will change now?

The only hope we have now is that either a revolution happens, because there wont be a reform in this time because, like the guy in the video said, they don't want to change, they just want money, so the only other option is that the baby boomers die as quick as possible so that the Generation X people starts getting some spots in the congress so they can actually do something because they are the only ones that have actually opened their eyes and seen that the world is going straight to Hell, and even then I'm not sure if they will do anything since they will get corrupt for the same reason the baby boomers got corrupt - because they get a shitload of money.

15+ Year Old Account
    1:51, ha, maybe one of the most powerful puppets out there. I like this guy though, telling it like it is. More power to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this guy wants the president to be able to just trample over the congress and jam through whatever economic legislation he thinks he sees fit? If you think that the congresspeople are "bought" then by all means, vote them out...but to suggest that the president should just dismiss the congress altogether and fire off whatever he wants is pretty reckless and quite dangerous, especially in times as sensitive as these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    So this guy wants the president to be able to just trample over the congress and jam through whatever economic legislation he thinks he sees fit? If you think that the congresspeople are "bought" then by all means, vote them out...but to suggest that the president should just dismiss the congress altogether and fire off whatever he wants is pretty reckless and quite dangerous, especially in times as sensitive as these.
    We need to just fire all of the politicians and elect real people in their places, flaws and all.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    This guy is a fucking boss!!! I just love how he owns them by shouting over them when they try to interrupt him! :P

Deleted
    man, that guy need some serious respeckt!

Massive kudos to the guy, absolutely nailed the issues with the systems not just in the US atm but all over, including the EU and here in the UK. The financial system is broken and in control of our governments coffers at the moment, problem is people either dont see it or refuse to accept it.

I disagree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't think that's what he's saying at all.

He wants Obama to come out and say, "Congress is full of corrupt assholes who only do what they do so they can receive bribes... errr endorsements. This is a list of them - Feel free not to reelect."

If Obama actually did that, 90% of those assholes would not be reelected. Or they would "see the light" and all of a sudden congress would actually be doing what is necessary to save the damn country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    You do realize that any 3rd party that comes in instantly gets wrecked and if anything hurts the closer competitor. I.e. if the 20% of the people who vote for the 3rd party would have voted republican, and republicans get 35% of votes, the democrats still win with the remaining 45% of the votes. First past the post voting system is flawed for this reason EXACTLY. Go watch the video and for that matter, all of that guys videos, he explains it really well.
    Yes, which is why I said

But the thing is people simply won't change it, because the Democrats know if they voted for somebody else the Republicans will win easily, and vice versa.