Poll: Do you believe his defense?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Woman Uses Diamond Ring to Escape Being Buried Alive

Woman Uses Diamond Ring to Escape Being Buried Alive

A woman who was buried alive in a cardboard box has told a British court how she used her diamond engagement ring to cut her hands and legs free, and then slash her way out of the box.

Michelina Lewendowska, 27, told her harrowing tale while testifying against her former fiancé Marcin Kasprzak and his friend Patryk Borys, who are both on trial for attempted murder.

Speaking in her native Polish, Lewendowska told the court her fiancé attacked her with a taser in their home last May.

"I was trying to push him away with the taser. He knelt down, he pressed my ribs with his knee and continued to use the taser," she said.

Lewendowska was tasered twice in the neck, bound and gagged, and put into a cardboard computer box, she said.

The woman told the court Kasprzak and Borys taped the box shut, put her in the trunk of a car, then drove her to the woods and buried her, head down, under nearly half a foot of dirt. And left.

Diamond Ring Saves Woman From Being Buried Alive

Lewendsowska testified that she struggled to breathe, then made use of the only tool she had, her engagement ring. She cut her legs free, then scratched at the box.

"I started to tear the box apart. I was focusing on the opening I had just made. Soil was getting in. My face was getting dirty. I could see some black sky and leaves. I was so exhausted," she told the court.

Lewendowska said it took her a half hour to cut herself out of her cardboard coffin, then flagged down a motorist, who called for help.

Prosecutors say Kasprzak had grown bored with Lewendowska and wanted her out of the way so he could start a new romance with another woman.

His defense attorney argues Kasprzak was only trying to scare his fiance. The lawyer reminded her in court that his client left two hand holds on the box open so she could breathe. But Lewendowska said her former lover did not tape them up because he was in a hurry to bury her.

"I can tell you now that they were not left specifically or intentionally for me to live," she said.

Kasprzak and Borys have pled not guilty to charges of attempted murder.

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/news-2679...-27529072.html

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really want to hit you with my car, I was just trying to hit the tree behind you. I've always hated that tree.
    I didn't really want to stab you in the face, I was just trying to help you cut your hair.
    I didn't really want to set you on fire with this flamethrower, I was trying to make some hamburgers.

--> I didn't really want to bury you alive, I was just trying to scare you.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I can't believe for a second that his defense is in any way true. Even if his defense IS true, there must be some punishment available for just being A) That big of a prick, and B) Stupid enough to not realize that he could have killed her.

I can't see how this is even possible, however. Both of those jack-holes should be taped alive in a box full of angry scorpions for a few days.
    I'm a cheerleader priest. What I lack in intellect, I make up for in spirit! \o/

Deleted
    I really want to know what his motivation was.

I wouldn't bury my worst enemies alive, that's a truly awful way to go.

How do you cut bindings off with a ring?

While upside down and in a box. Pretty amazing!

I'm going to scare you into leaving me
    By attempting to kill you..

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

Female MacGyver
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    I really want to know what his motivation was.

I wouldn't bury my worst enemies alive, that's a truly awful way to go.
    Apparently he thinks murder is easier then breaking up with someone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

when you are on the edge of dieing you can do stuff you never held possible just to survive

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me highly of Kill Bill, but I feel this woman is much more badass than any of those movies are.

edit: Seems I'm not the only one.

Thats pretty awesome. Escaped via the ring he gave her!

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungRider View Post
    Prosecutors say Kasprzak had grown bored with Lewendowska and wanted her out of the way so he could start a new romance with another woman.
    "Hi, I don't love you anymore. We are breaking up."

^^^^

So much easier than, "I'm going to sit on your chest and taser you, then tie you up, stuff you in a box, and bury you alive."

10+ Year Old Account
    The defense makes me think of the following line from Chicago: "He ran into my knife; he ran into my eleven times".

That had to have been a huge diamond he gave her if it managed to cut all of that.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungRider View Post
    The lawyer reminded her in court that his client left two hand holds on the box open so she could breathe.
    I can just see this happening, what an insane defense. "Now, now... you had air holes. Stfu kthx!"

Can the lawyer plead insanity too?

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one thinking where'd he find big enough computer box? Or small enough woman.. We aren't living in 90s anymore o_o

Deleted
    wtf. just trying to scare her? hope the judge doesnt buy that shit.

Deleted
    am i the only one thinking why he didn't take a DIAMOND ring back?

apart from that, he's one of the lowliest pieces of dirt i've ever heard of.

Deleted
    wow This is a pretty crazy story..
    Thats one fricking big box, thats one fricking sharp ring, how the heck did she manage to turn herself upside down (or upside up, really) in a box....
    And why the hell do air holes matter when your buried under half a foot of dirt???

but eye, crazy things happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    Heh, she didn't punch her way out?
    Putin khuliyo