Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Weapon itself is pretty much insane 15,79% todal damage @ Warlord Zon'ooz, 23,6% uptime.
    On topic: use skada instead of recount.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    all of the madness weps with procs are OP as all hell.

my LFR souldrinker gives my prot warrior around 3k HPS. that as much as a DK FFS
    A blood dk tanking any heroic boss better be doing much much more then 3k hps :P

My friend and I were seeing who could beat the other's DPS in a raid finder (both ret paladins, he is prot MS, I am holy MS) and he had the LFR version of Gurth'alak, I just have the heroic dungeon axe. On Morchok we were pretty close and I beat him by a thousand DPS. On Warlord, he beat me by a fair amount, though I did mess up my cooldown rotation. When we got to Yor'sohj - which we wiped on, lol - he was pulling 10K more than me during his burst and it settled down to 5K more than me after a few minutes. I couldn't figure this out at all, we were using the same rotation, switching seals when the adds came out, using divine storm, ect. Anyway, we went through recount (which I am now uninstalling for skada) to figure out what he was doing and how I could improve. We went through every single attack he used and on all but a few, I did from significantly to slightly more damage than he did with that ability. Adding it all up, I did quite a bit more damage overall than he did, but he was still way ahead on DPS and damage done for the fight. Knowing recount doesn't record the procs for the sword as an attack, I assume this must be the cause for the huge DPS difference.

If I'm not mistaken in attributing his damage to the sword, it seems incredible.

wanted to add also that the hitbox issue that people are having with ultraxion also applies to rag. There is a small area you can stand but unfortunately it can spawn them in the lava as well from there which may kill them, wasn't able to fully confirm this.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsylton View Post
    Right now, the way weapons are going to look (my estimation) is:

H Gurth'alak > Gurth'alak > H Specimen Slicer > H Mace > H Sulfuras > LFR Gurth'alak > Normal Specimen Slicer > Normal Mace > Normal Sulfuras
    LFR Gurth vs heroic sulfuras is very debatable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemaioJ View Post
    I had the exact same issue as the OP. Little tentacle buddy wasn't even generating events in the combat log and certainly not showing up on ANYONE's recount. And then he was. *shrug*
    i have found if i use guardian and have had procs when i hover above my name on recount it only shows the guardian. However i can see it when i unmerge. Only got it this week so took it to firelands to slap some faces it gets the damage buff on fights like major and even had 44% uptime iirc on bale.

Deleted
    does the tentacle you spawn take your stats hit/crit etc?
    and if so does anyone know if it also gains from out spellpower?

if it gains from out spellpower doesn't that make this weapon like 10x beter for us (and dk's) compared to a warior?

Rets with holy OS, (or vice versa, as long as you have Gurth), test it out please.

Put on your int gear, in ret spec and hammer away at a dummy.

For an easy test, you could use Seal of Insight and only autoattack to not fill recount and the combat log with irrelevant info, and then just go afk for 5-10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    does the tentacle you spawn take your stats hit/crit etc?
    and if so does anyone know if it also gains from out spellpower?

if it gains from out spellpower doesn't that make this weapon like 10x beter for us (and dk's) compared to a warior?
    Well, here's what we (I?) know about it so far:

-It procs from Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Hammer of Wrath, Judgement (forgot about that lol), white swings and Seal of Truth procs (but not Seals of Command).
    -It scales with crit directly and haste indirectly.
    -It scales with Avenging Wrath and Communion.
    -It does not scale with strength, attack power or spellpower. Just tested with and without Blessing of Might. Also: Death Knights do not have spellpower.
    -It has a slowing effect.
    -It's buggy on Ultraxion. Gotta get real close-up for best results.
    -It does not have an internal cooldown.
    Last edited by Reith; 2011-12-20 at 03:37 PM.

Add to it that it procs from Judgement.
    "Proof": On WM Blackhorn, right before he lands on the deck, but after the adds are killed, I judged his drake, and the tentacle procced. It MIGHT of course have been the Seal of Truth procs mentioned by Reith that triggered it though..

That difference only matters when you judge with SOR up instead of SOT. Would be interesting to try out using only Judgement with SOR on a dummy, but kinda hard (or boring) to test.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    -It scales with crit and haste.
    The only scaling they have with haste is that you swing more often allowing more procs.
    This is really easy to verify by looking at mind flay tick frequency during Heroism/Bloodlust in a log.

Has anyone done some proper testing / calculation on:

LFR Gurth'alak vs Heroic raid axe (normal phase & AW / Zeal phase)
    Normal Gurth'alak vs Heroic raid axe (normal phase and AW / Zeal phase)

Thanks

EDIT: read the BiS thread and found my answer =D
    Last edited by Kaytemoss; 2011-12-20 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    Well, here's what we (I?) know about it so far:

-It procs from Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Hammer of Wrath, Judgement (forgot about that lol), white swings and Seal of Truth procs (but not Seals of Command).
    -It scales with crit directly and haste indirectly.
    -It scales with Avenging Wrath and Communion.
    -It does not scale with strength, attack power or spellpower. Just tested with and without Blessing of Might. Also: Death Knights do not have spellpower.
    -It has a slowing effect.
    -It's buggy on Ultraxion. Gotta get real close-up for best results.
    -It does not have an internal cooldown.
    nice summary!

any proof that it doesn't proc from others like censure or consecration/holywrath or exorcism?

note: at work also without axe anyway so any testing/results are greatly appreciated.

any proof that it doesn't proc from others like censure
    Nope. That isn't a weapon hit.

or consecration/holywrath
    Nope, still not a weapon hit.

or exorcism?
    ..Check Testa

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "It's buggy on Ultraxion. Gotta get real close-up for best results."

Our raid had to move up near him just for our ret paladin. We found it hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    "It's buggy on Ultraxion. Gotta get real close-up for best results."

Our raid had to move up near him just for our ret paladin. We found it hilarious.
    I made my raid do the same, they also found it very funny :P

So has anyone gotten a tentacle to actually proc on Deathwing's head? or even damage it? 'cause I sure haven't. This could make heroic Sulfuras a worthwhile switch when you're damaging the head.. tentacles seem to proc fine on the adds though.

So has anyone gotten a tentacle to actually proc on Deathwing's head? or even damage it? 'cause I sure haven't. This could make heroic Sulfuras a worthwhile switch when you're damaging the head.. tentacles seem to proc fine on the adds though.
    ive had multiple yes. the trick ive seen with the large hit box mobs like rag ultraxion and deathwing is you have to be as close as possible to them
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

i think the tool tip is wrong. it says 3500 dmg but i think it should say 3800 dmg.. look http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78487/g...-of-the-deeps/

Anyone knows how u can make the tentacles attack Ultraxion?, standing closer helps ?it is so annoying to see loads of tentacles showing but just standing there and doing nothing ....