Thread: SWTOR or WoW?

SWTOR or WoW?

So, i quit wow in the April of this year due to being bored of the game, but every December i start missing wow and missing the good times i had and feel like renewing my subscription, but with SWTOR coming out soon i cant decide

past 2 weeks ive been looking at many videos on youtube, reading the website and news and posts here on mmo bout SWTOR.

i would like to get some opinions from people that played the beta and is it worth getting it in the long run, or going back to wow?

any feedback would be appreciated,thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what every poster after me (before this gets closed) says, the overwhelming majority that played the beta really liked the game.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by tyranthz View Post
    So, i quit wow in the April of this year due to being bored of the game, but every December i start missing wow and missing the good times i had and feel like renewing my subscription, but with SWTOR coming out soon i cant decide

past 2 weeks ive been looking at many videos on youtube, reading the website and news and posts here on mmo bout SWTOR.

i would like to get some opinions from people that played the beta and is it worth getting it in the long run, or going back to wow?

any feedback would be appreciated,thanks!
    Swtor is the same thing as wow...If you don't like wow now, you won't like swtor. It doesn't bring ANYTHING new except you fight in space and the character models are horrible. Awesome graphics tho. I could'nt make one decent male character in Sith Empire plus the sith warrior story was dull for me.

i really like the experience of getting a new game and starting from scratch, i just dont know if its worth the $60 and the monthly after, but im currently leaning towards getting it.

So a brand new account made this thread.
    Then a brand new account made that reply.

I think I see what is going on in here.

Im in the same situation as you, i decided to try out SWTOR, if i like it ill stick to it... If its another disapointment (hope its not) ill go back to wow

The beta was amazing, and I'm playing SWTOR for years to come.

Unless I meet an untimely demise....

Which, if that's the case, I shall become one with the Force, and my Force Ghost will stand over Trolls' shoulder as he's playing, and I'll constantly remind him when Death From Above is off cooldown. Even on single-target fights.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm raiding in 4.3 right now, and I just cannot wait until SWTOR. I've played the beta 3 times, and watching the countdown with some (silly) frequency. It's fun.

I have played WoW since the very beginning and for the first time last month i cancelled my sub. Tried the swtor beta cause I thought it looked interesting and it really was! Loved the game. Swtor is going to be my wow replacer. It's hard to say if its worth getting it in the long run since the game isnt out yet. If you are unsure, just try it out and see for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming 1 IP block and 2 banned users...

swtor and wow feel very similar

but for sure are very different

choices when it coms to RP and specialization are very important

the envirmoents are very different and interesting

the voice acting is pretty good, and there is TONS of it

im biased, becuz im a SW fanboy
    but this game is for sure worth gettig into.

WoW is a great game and all, but lets face it, the game is dying, the community kinda sucks, and blizzard is moving onto titan here in the near future,

id like to play MoP but, i really like star wars.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly no good can come with this type of thread. The threads like this have a knack for quickly devolving to a massive debate of which is better.

OP this is easy.

You (A) have the money to purchase the game and will because you are interested OR (B) do not have the money to purchase the game and won't. Simple as that. Obviously we all want to make informed purchases prior to spending our hard earned money but seriously you've done the research, whatever some random person on a forum says shouldn't sway you one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Swtor is the same thing as wow...If you don't like wow now, you won't like swtor. It doesn't bring ANYTHING new except you fight in space and the character models are horrible. Awesome graphics tho. I could'nt make one decent male character in Sith Empire plus the sith warrior story was dull for me.
    Character models, horrible? Are you mad? They are tenfold better looking than anything wow has shown us so far, won't even bother comparing them to rift, which is ugly as hell. Whereas Aion, on the other hand, has got much better looking models, but it towers all mmo's with it's customization.
    And yeah, it brings a lot of new stuff, like, umm, a different universe, slightly different combat ( hello, no autoattack ), less easy manageable resource systems, and just generally a fresh feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Regardless of what every poster after me (before this gets closed) says, the overwhelming majority that played the beta really liked the game.
    Source?

@OP: I'd love a poll for this. WoW is my current choice. I hope SWTOR gets better so I might get to play and enjoy that, too/instead.