Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit vs Philly and GS vs CHA ehh sounds like a fun night of crappy basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Speaking of the Lakers, my sister was looking to get tickets for the Pistons/Lakers game since he is a Lakers fan. I was helping her look for tickets and they are around $60 for upper deck seats in Detroit in a few months. $60! For comparison, tickets to the next couple home games in the exact same section as those $60 tickets (again upper deck section 216)
    Denver: $5
    Pacers: $10
    Clippers: $13
    Wizards: $6
    Heat: $52
    Bucks: $6
    Kings: $5
    Timberwolves (in March): $9 (which I need to buy and get a girlfriend prior to so I don't go alone because it is way less fun solo. Went to a Wings game solo once on New Years Eve before driving back two hours in a death blizzard for a party. Not that fun).

Talk about star driven prices lol.
    The wwe superstar effect stern has created in the nba looks to be trickling down to college as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...65--ncaab.html

This is probably why stern decided to "retire", that move against san antonio and miami was further proof this league is about stars and not quality basketball. Small markets are drying up fast and wont be able to afford to stay in business.

I thought this comment was funny "2,797 did show up for the game but that # included the all of the fans,the teams & their staff,the concession workers,clean up crew and the guy who took that picture."

Sounds like nba arenas when one of the star stacked teams arent playing. The next commish is going to have to shake things up and make it more about the sport and less about the star.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    The wwe superstar effect stern has created in the nba looks to be trickling down to college as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...65--ncaab.html

This is probably why stern decided to "retire", that move against san antonio and miami was further proof this league is about stars and not quality basketball. Small markets are drying up fast and wont be able to afford to stay in business.

I thought this comment was funny "2,797 did show up for the game but that # included the all of the fans,the teams & their staff,the concession workers,clean up crew and the guy who took that picture."

Sounds like nba arenas when one of the star stacked teams arent playing. The next commish is going to have to shake things up and make it more about the sport and less about the star.
    I don't understand what happened there at all. Sure those teams aren't doing excessively well right now, but UCLA does feature a top 3 NBA draft pick. At least college prices are still at least somewhat based around rivalries or name of the opposing school. I was looking at Michigan/OSU tickets and they are way more expensive than other games around then.

This Pistons game is brutal.

The college I go to is St John's in New York. We have some team called "Red Storm" or some shit like that, I don't think they're particularly amazing. I'm pretty sure I could get season tickets for $99. Not sure how many games that includes but lol.

Actually that was a couple years ago. Now it's more.

Uhhh lol I think those include tickets to Madison Square Garden too, because sometimes they play there.

As for the superstar discussion, yeah I kind of agree that it's boring to see no star teams, but I'd see good teams. Of course, people only care about the "big name" teams. Memphis Grizzlies roll around with one of the best records in NBA? Who gives a fuck. Lakers or Lebron James in town? Omg take my money I gotta go see.

ACTUALLY guys, I think there should be less basketball games a season and also better spacing. That reduces risk for injuries and makes every single game more significant. That'd help small market teams who can't sell tickets. I'd say something like a 50 game season or so. Nothing lower than 45, but anything above 70 is way too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    The college I go to is St John's in New York.
    You're a Johnnie? They are one of my favorite teams to root for in college ball.

Well the Pistons lost again. Sigh.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:22 PM ----------

So, Linsanity is back. Prior to a fantastic defensive play on him by Green to poke the ball away before he could knock down a game winner, he has been killing it. Then Asik shut down Duncan on the other end to run out the clock and go to OT.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:25 PM ----------

Harden isn't playing tonight which makes you have to consider this question. Is Jeremy Lin a better player without stars around him? He shined in New York in the absence of Melo when he carried that team. He looks great tonight without Harden. They should trade Harden is what I am getting at. Or trade Lin to a team that needs a PG and has no stars.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 10:36 PM ----------

Parker with his first career triple-double? The fuck? How is that even possible?
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-11 at 03:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok wouldn't you say that Harden is like Manu but instead of running off to a different team to be the main star Manu decided to stay with a great organization. I mean Manu could have left years ago to a different team to be the star I mean he's in the same situation as Harden was in by playing the bench idk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ok wouldn't you say that Harden is like Manu but instead of running off to a different team to be the main star Manu decided to stay with a great organization. I mean Manu could have left years ago to a different team to be the star I mean he's in the same situation as Harden was in by playing the bench idk.
    Ya not going to disagree with you on that comparison. Many certainly would have had a better opportunity had he left. I don't think he had star potential like Harden does, but he would easily have been the second best guy or co-star on a title team elsewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya not going to disagree with you on that comparison. Many certainly would have had a better opportunity had he left. I don't think he had star potential like Harden does, but he would easily have been the second best guy or co-star on a title team elsewhere.
    Maybe Manu did win gold for Argentina so I think he could have been the main star but wouldn't have won. I don't think Harden will be the main star for Houston to long they are trying to get a superstar so we will see what ends up happening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Steve Nash thinks it will be at least another 2 weeks before he is back. Can the Lakers afford to wait that long before they make some sort of move?

10+ Year Old Account
    Steve Nash thinks it will be at least another 2 weeks before he is back. Can the Lakers afford to wait that long before they make some sort of move?
    Ehh man I mean that team is really old and without Nash Kobe is just going to throw up 30+ shots a game.

Lakers just need to make postseason and hopefully get their chemistry and injuries in line by then.

I don't think anyone mentioned it but the Mavs all shook hands with that coach whose daughter died before their game and age him hugs and some words of advice or something. That's fucking classy.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Lakers are losing by 15 at the half. To the CAVS!! What the hell?

The Lakers are losing by 15 at the half. To the CAVS!! What the hell?
    -sighs-

D'Antoni sure looks like the best coaching choice right now. I still can't fathom how he was picked over Phil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    -sighs-

D'Antoni sure looks like the best coaching choice right now. I still can't fathom how he was picked over Phil.
    Jimmy Buss hates Phil. I don't know if Phil did something to him when he was there before. I don't know if it is some sexual jealousy because Phil is plowing his sister. But Jimmy Buss hates Phil Jackson so much he gutted that team of every memory of Phil last time he left. No way was he coming back.

So the Pistons were up 21-4 at one points in this games. At the half they are down by 6.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...9458--nba.html

That story is beyond dumb. Who cares if Bowie didn't mention he had leg pain. He missed two freaking years of college because of leg injuries. If that wasn't a red flag does anyone honestly think a little leg pain would have been? Man Portland sucks. I wish you could view the alternate universe where the rumor that Houston was offered the 2nd pick for Ralph Sampson was true but the deal never got done and then Houston would have taken Jordan the pick after Dream. I'd love to see the absolute devastation those guys would have rained down on the league for a decade.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-12 at 01:57 AM.

Deleted
    Lakers with 11a/19to, Kobe is finaly having a good shooting game (over 50%) and they still lost

10+ Year Old Account
    Bus also wants to win a ring without Phil. Phil would have been the better choice atm because Nash isn't in and they are trying to do a full court offense with a bunch of old and big guys just not going to happen.

Jimmy Buss hates Phil. I don't know if Phil did something to him when he was there before. I don't know if it is some sexual jealousy because Phil is plowing his sister. But Jimmy Buss hates Phil Jackson so much he gutted that team of every memory of Phil last time he left. No way was he coming back.
    I don't care, and neither should he. It's a petty thing, and championships should matter more. Obviously it doesn't, but it should. I would value his winning and what he brings to the table more than a vendetta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blueobelisk must be at the Knicks/Nets game because he hasn't post about it yet.

Knocks Nets game was fucking sick lol. Knicks won this time! Melo drops 45. Jason Kidd scores the game winning shot 3 pointer (not a buzzer beater but it broke the tie).

Heard LAL lost to Cleveland first day Kyrie is back. OUCH. Kobe scored 42? Kobe overshooting theory confirmed yet?

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:14 PM ----------

LOL Skars if it wasn't finals week I'd have been there, but I'm just slow to respond because of these damn papers, I'd love to see LAL make their comeback Thurs night and crush Knicks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Knocks Nets game was fucking sick lol. Knicks won this time! Melo drops 45. Jason Kidd scores the game winning shot 3 pointer (not a buzzer beater but it broke the tie).
    The officiating in the last 5 minutes of the Knicks game was terrible. They wave off a basket for the Nets that clearly was off the cylinder and they did it late only because the Knicks bench was yelling. Wallace got absolutely mugged by JR Smith on that moving pick. The Jason Kidd go ahead three should have been waved off as an offensive foul for kicking his leg out to draw a foul. The Knicks barely beat them with heavy ref assistance down the stretch and the Nets didn't have arguably their best offensive player.

Take on another loss for the Lakers when Kobe shoots 19+ times. He shot 28 last night (on decent shooting even outside of him jacking retarded threes constantly). The rest of the starters? 29.