Lebron just has this spoiled child mentality he cant escape. I felt he's been getting better but he clearly isnt past it yet. Its like he wants our pity and sympathy sometimes and doesnt realize hes much more well off than 99% of his fanbase. I've said it before I actually would have more respect if he took the big money in Cleveland or elsewhere. By taking less some can see it as "its not about the money" yet I look and see "I want an easier way to a championship." (Especially when he more than makes up that money in endorsements) It doesnt sit right that 3 big names all took less money to play together, throwing off competitive balance.

If Lebron wanted all the credit for winning he should've won in Cleveland. Once he left it was clear that anything he accomplished from a team perspective would be diminished. If he cant see that then he the guy just doesnt get it and probably never will.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Ya okay, I side with the LeBron haters on this one. WTF LeBron. 1) You opted to take less month to sign with two other stars. 2) It is widely accepted and stated repeatedly by god knows how many people in the sports media that you are the most underpaid athlete in professional sports thanks to the max contract rules in the NBA. So please, shut the hell up. You don't need to set yourself up for your inevitable opt out and move in 2014. Just go man. You don't owe any team anything. Don't start whining about a couple million when you have more sponsorship deals than anyone besides God.
    I hate the decision to hold the decision as much as the next guy and I believe he's said a lot of stupid shit but the read the entire block of what he said.

Your first point is exactly what he's saying. He's merely pointing out that he made a sacrifice.

Your second point is true but LeBron is responding to a question asked by a reporter. He's simply stating what he feels.

Don't blow this up more than it actually is. If he said this out of the blue of his own accord, then yea, it's a pretty fucking douche move but he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Its like he wants our pity and sympathy sometimes and doesnt realize hes much more well off than 99% of his fanbase.
    No he doesn't. Read the ENTIRE conversation and not just the bit the article has in the title. And being more well off than the majority of his fanbase is completely irrelevant. Weren't you the one trying to rationalize the 49ers anti-gay comments? Then take off the hate-tinted glasses and consider the whole conversation and text.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-03 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    No he doesn't. Read the ENTIRE conversation and not just the bit the article has in the title. And being more well off than the majority of his fanbase is completely irrelevant. Weren't you the one trying to rationalize the 49ers anti-gay comments? Then take off the hate-tinted glasses and consider the whole conversation and text.
    Hes a multi-millionaire bitching that he doesnt get as much money as he deserves. There is no rationalizing that, thats what hes saying. "I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for." How else would you read that? ive read the whole thing. There is no defending it. It has spoiled written all over it.

Hes a multi-millionaire bitching that he doesnt get as much money as he deserves. There is no rationalizing that, thats what hes saying. "I don't think my value on the floor can really be compensated for." How else would you read that? ive read the whole thing. There is no defending it. It has spoiled written all over it.
    I think it's pretty evident that your hatred of LeBron is going to overrule any rational sentiment. It's also pretty evident you're going to stubbornly hate everything he says disregarding context completely. I'll give it a whirl anyway.

He was asked by a reporter about his value. LeBron responded that he doesn't make the money he's worth from a basketball standpoint. He then adds:

"I don’t get (the credit) for it. That doesn’t matter to me; playing the game is what matters to me. Financially, I’ll sacrifice for the team. It shows for some of the top guys, it isn’t all about money. That’s the genuine side of this, it’s about winning. I understand that."

You're making this sound like LeBron is bemoaning the fact he isn't making enough money like a Latrell Sprewell. He's fucking not. He's merely pointing out what everyone fucking knows to the reporter. He's framing this within the context of the current CBA and teams that are faced with difficult choices and sacrifice to keep a team together.

The fact he makes so much money is fucking irrelevant because this is a discussion purely from a basketball value standpoint. If you wanted to, you could also argue this from an economical standpoint too; his value to the Miami economy far outweighs any of us. I think most people forget that when bitching about athlete wealth.

The fact ESPN even published purely for the sake of blowing this up is hilarious because they are the same people who made the articles saying LeBron is underpaid.

If it doesnt matter it wouldnt even be worth mentioning. If you truly dont care what amount you are getting paid then it wouldnt even be a topic of conversation. Athletes try and kid themselves and say things like it isnt about the money, when everybody knows it is. Its always about money, even when you take less than maximum money is still an overwhelming factor in any decision. That isnt Lebron specific thats for everyone who makes that claim. It always bugs me they act like it isnt important, like who are they kidding.

What my beef with Lebron for this is hes saying "I dont get the credit I deserve." To even make those statements shows some level of conceit. If its because hes merely answering a specific question he should know better than to be baited into making these statements. My hatred for Lebron has diminished since he has started to show more class on the court (not taunting as much, dancing on the sidelines, still bitches a lot but so do a lot of guys). Even if this was Dirk Nowitzki or Derrick Rose (whom I love) I would say these are stupid ass comments to make.

ESPN just publishes what they think will get readers. They are one of the most hypocritical media outlets I completely agree since they will beat a story to death and then get on and talk about how everybody is sick of the story when they are the main ones perpetuating it.

If it doesnt matter it wouldnt even be worth mentioning. If you truly dont care what amount you are getting paid then it wouldnt even be a topic of conversation. Athletes try and kid themselves and say things like it isnt about the money, when everybody knows it is. Its always about money, even when you take less than maximum money is still an overwhelming factor in any decision. That isnt Lebron specific thats for everyone who makes that claim. It always bugs me they act like it isnt important, like who are they kidding.
    Agreed but let's be fair; no athlete wants the backlash of appearing to care about the money. Look at even the LeBron situation now. It's one of the major reasons why athletes pretend to not give a shit about the money. As long as reporters keep asking about it, athletes are gonna be forced to keep spoonfeeding back the same bullshit. Sports media sucks.

What my beef with Lebron for this is hes saying "I dont get the credit I deserve." To even make those statements shows some level of conceit. If its because hes merely answering a specific question he should know better than to be baited into making these statements. My hatred for Lebron has diminished since he has started to show more class on the court (not taunting as much, dancing on the sidelines, still bitches a lot but so do a lot of guys). Even if this was Dirk Nowitzki or Derrick Rose (whom I love) I would say these are stupid ass comments to make.
    He certainly could have worded what he meant with greater elucidation, but the amount of shitfire he's getting for being honest is ridiculous. Have you seen the ESPN boards? Possibly the only thing more cancerous than ESPN itself in the sports world. Speaking of which...

ESPN just publishes what they think will get readers. They are one of the most hypocritical media outlets I completely agree since they will beat a story to death and then get on and talk about how everybody is sick of the story when they are the main ones perpetuating it.
    Fellas in this board should start their own god damn sports blog/web page. I'd rather read that.

Michael Kidd Gilchrist, out with concussion:

Btw if you didn't see the Mutombo commercial check last page, it was cool.

Wow, Conscript, did you have an aneurysm watching the last few possessions in the Pistons/Lakers game?

Conscript doesn't care enough about Pistons to watch them on super bowl day, silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Conscript doesn't care enough about Pistons to watch them on super bowl day, silly.
    Ya I did a horrible job of caring about sports today. I didn't realize the Pistons played early, I missed the Pens game on NBC. I literally have sat here and listened to music since 6am and read. So ya no clue what happened in the Pistons game except they barely lost.

LeBron was amazing today. Pretty much a lock for MVP at this point.

Lebron isn't going to get MVP. Not because he isn't good, but because he's held to a higher standard than other superstars and no one is really impressed, of course he's gonna be pro.

I don't think Chris Paul will win anymore since he's been out nor do I think Melo will win since other Knicks are playing well too.

KD wins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lebron isn't going to get MVP. Not because he isn't good, but because he's held to a higher standard than other superstars and no one is really impressed, of course he's gonna be pro.

I don't think Chris Paul will win anymore since he's been out nor do I think Melo will win since other Knicks are playing well too.

KD wins.
    If the stats end up comparable I'd think Durant would win too, not because he is more valuable, but because of the voters just refusing to give it to the same guy again. If LeBron shot better on his free throws I don't even think there would be any argument to be made at all. he scores 3 ppg fewer than Durant but he destroys him in every other stat but blocks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:57 PM ----------

The Clippers are trying to trade for Garnett. That would be awesome.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the stats end up comparable I'd think Durant would win too, not because he is more valuable, but because of the voters just refusing to give it to the same guy again. If LeBron shot better on his free throws I don't even think there would be any argument to be made at all. he scores 3 ppg fewer than Durant but he destroys him in every other stat but blocks.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:57 PM ----------

The Clippers are trying to trade for Garnett. That would be awesome.
    I was about to post the story but I figured Blue was typing it up as I was typing. I don't know what to think about the trade yet except If I was the clippers I would try and keep it young and get a shooting guard I just don't know who they could get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I was about to post the story but I figured Blue was typing it up as I was typing. I don't know what to think about the trade yet except If I was the clippers I would try and keep it young and get a shooting guard I just don't know who they could get.
    If there is a guy who I think could be pried away and would absolutely be worth going for it would be Terrance Ross. The kid is a high flyer that would fit in crazy well with Lob City. He isn't at present the best shooter, but he is stranded behind DeRozan on the Raptors depth chart thanks to DeRozan's contract and Toronto stupidly drafting a backup at the 8th spot.

Lebron 1.7 steals, Durant 1.6
    Lebron 2.8 turnovers, Durant 3.2
    Lebron 8.3 rebounds, Durant 7.4
    Lebron 54.7 FG%, Durant 51.6

Where is this destruction? Lebron also has worse 3PT and FT%.

Per 36

PPG
    LeBron 24.7 Durant 27.0

APG
    LeBron 6.5 Durant 4.0

RPG
    LeBron 7.7 Durant 6.8

SPG
    LeBron 1.5 Durant 1.4

BPG
    LeBron 0.8 Durant 1.1

TOPG
    LeBron 2.6 Durant 2.9

FG%
    LeBron 0.547 Durant 0.516

3P%
    LeBron 0.403 Durant 0.414

FT%
    LeBron 0.734 Durant 0.904

If LeBron shot better free throws, he should be a lock to win MVP. Since he doesn't, it's pretty friggin' close. It's probably gonna come down to which team has more wins by the end.
    Last edited by jreg; 2013-02-04 at 05:36 AM.

Barring a collapse OKC will finish ahead of Miami in the standings. They did last year when I made the case for Durant to win then. I guess I'm still making the same case. Durant will never be the assist man Lebron is, nor will he be as famous imo because of his more quiet personality. Everything else I think Durant is as good if not better than Lebron at, minus things like having to guard bigs since Durant's body type doesnt have the bulk Lebron does.

The biggest qualities I think Lebron lacks against Durant is consistency outside the paint and that killer late game instinct. I place a lot of value in those qualities when looking at players I would want as part of my team personally.

Barring a collapse OKC will finish ahead of Miami in the standings. They did last year when I made the case for Durant to win then. I guess I'm still making the same case. Durant will never be the assist man Lebron is, nor will he be as famous imo because of his more quiet personality. Everything else I think Durant is as good if not better than Lebron at, minus things like having to guard bigs since Durant's body type doesnt have the bulk Lebron does.

The biggest qualities I think Lebron lacks against Durant is consistency outside the paint and that killer late game instinct. I place a lot of value in those qualities when looking at players I would want as part of my team personally.
    Last year, no question the MVP was LeBron. This year, it's really fucking murky. As you said, short of a collapse from either OKC or Durant, it looks like this year is his to lose.

LeBron's mid range game isn't bad but it's also prone to hot and cold streaks. It's improving every year though. The "killer late game instinct" is a load of garbage. Stop perpetuating Skip Bayless narratives. In clutch situations as defined by 82games, LeBron has always been one of the best in the league. Furthermore, I think it's pretty evident LeBron can handle himself just fine when looking at last year's finals performance against Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Last year, no question the MVP was LeBron. This year, it's really fucking murky. As you said, short of a collapse from either OKC or Durant, it looks like this year is his to lose.

LeBron's mid range game isn't bad but it's also prone to hot and cold streaks. It's improving every year though. The "killer late game instinct" is a load of garbage. Stop perpetuating Skip Bayless narratives. In clutch situations as defined by 82games, LeBron has always been one of the best in the league. Furthermore, I think it's pretty evident LeBron can handle himself just fine when looking at last year's finals performance against Durant.
    Uhh the entire Spurs and Mavericks finals? The collapse in game 5 and 6 against Boston? Or perhaps the fact in game tying or winning situations in the final seconds over his career he is 9 for 56. An astounding 16.1%. And the last one he hit was in the 2008 season. (With Miami he is 0-9). I think that last part speaks for itself. Look it up on http://www.basketball-reference.com/...hot_finder.cgi if you want.

And I do get that % do go down in those final moments when all the pressure is on and you are forced to take tough shots. But for a comparison in that same time period as Lebron my guy Dirk Nowitzki is 13-41 (31.7%) in those same situations. Practically double what Lebron is.

I dont think his midrange game is bad either its been getting better. Its still unreliable and thats his biggest downfall. Team's still pressure him to make outside shots ala Rajon Rondo. When he's on hes practically unstoppable, but often time he isnt and thats where his game gets exposed. Not sure what Skip Bayless has to do with this.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-04 at 06:53 AM.