Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lulz Miami Heat Harlem Shake

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJordanMK View Post
    naaah Durant is not my boy, but i cant deny that he's a superstar. Look at Durant's age , and again Melo's, not that Melo is done hes in NBA 9years just as Lebron , but what Durant has achv in his 3-4 years Melo havent even comed close. I mean i dont want to type more facts ... its ridiculous to compare these 2 ....
    Melo's been on some horseshit teams. This year his supporting cast is one of the best he's ever had and they still don't hold a candle to OKC.

Not trying to say that Melo > Durant but they're in the same league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes he was, no doubt about that... Denver sucked big time. I rlly thought he would be one of the best when he moved in NY(not saying he cant be) but there wasnt any change, then he got better teammates and nothing, and i rlly lost the superstar view on him. But this year Nicks seem far better than last year, i say lets wait for the play-offs and then we will see whats Melo made off.

I usually dont point this out but its kinda bothering me. Theres a K in Knicks.

And Durant is a different level of player than Carmello. Carmello has never in his career proven he can lead a team to anything. Whats the farthest he has ever gone? I dont think the guy has even made the Conference Finals yet.

Alright. Here's how it is. Lebron is best player in the world by a wide margin. Durant is second best player in the world and he's improving. Everyone else is just playing to carry their teams and hope the OKC and Heat super teams drop dead and win a championship.

But Melo is a superstar. Superstar, in my book, means you can build a team around a guy (decent team, not a fucking super team with other superstars) and the team would be a contender in a 1-4 seed.

Superstars (in no order):
    Durant
    Lebron
    Melo
    Tony Parker
    Chris Paul
    New-look-assist Kobe
    Dwight Howard if he wasn't being a bitch
    Derek Rose
    Wade

I considered saying (for diff reasons, I can't put them on the same list as those monsters above):
    Kyrie Irving (too young)
    Kevin Love (too young)
    Russell Westbrook
    Dirk (too old)
    Tim Duncan (too old, he has to watch out for injuries now)
    James Harden (He's doing a great job in Houston, especially for being in West.)
    Paul George (...? I wanted to put him in the list but he hasn't proven himself just yet. Too young.)

I don't think I forgot anyone...Anyway. Deron dropped 11 3's and tallied a total of 42 points tonight in win over Wizards.

My Spurs lost to Portland....Badly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post

Lulz Miami Heat Harlem Shake

Timberwolves version

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Alright. Here's how it is. Lebron is best player in the world by a wide margin. Durant is second best player in the world and he's improving. Everyone else is just playing to carry their teams and hope the OKC and Heat super teams drop dead and win a championship.

But Melo is a superstar. Superstar, in my book, means you can build a team around a guy (decent team, not a fucking super team with other superstars) and the team would be a contender in a 1-4 seed.

Superstars (in no order):
    Durant
    Lebron
    Melo
    Tony Parker
    Chris Paul
    New-look-assist Kobe
    Dwight Howard if he wasn't being a bitch
    Derek Rose
    Wade

I considered saying (for diff reasons, I can't put them on the same list as those monsters above):
    Kyrie Irving (too young)
    Kevin Love (too young)
    Russell Westbrook
    Dirk (too old)
    Tim Duncan (too old, he has to watch out for injuries now)
    James Harden (He's doing a great job in Houston, especially for being in West.)
    Paul George (...? I wanted to put him in the list but he hasn't proven himself just yet. Too young.)

I don't think I forgot anyone...Anyway. Deron dropped 11 3's and tallied a total of 42 points tonight in win over Wizards.

My Spurs lost to Portland....Badly. :/
    I think that the Superstar's theme is always a sensitive one. But i dont agree about your "superteams" point of view, yes OKC and Heat are the best teams. But they arent these superteams, there are none. Both of them have their weak points, and the thing that rise them above the others is ofc LBJ and Durant. And lets not forget a lot of NBA's analytics say that in the last 3-4 years NBA is by far competitive than ever, with loads of young stars(the ones i think you forgot, Rondo,Griffin,Lillard,Rubio,i prolly have forgot some others too) and those young stars evolving into better players, year by year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahha , thats an original idea .... tho i sense LBJ dropping like 40 points on them the next game they meet

10+ Year Old Account
    If i'm not mistaken Melo took Denver to the West Finals and lost to the Lakers.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    If i'm not mistaken Melo took Denver to the West Finals and lost to the Lakers.
    Looks that way. Was the only time he even made out of the 1st round in 9 seasons. So yea...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Timberwolves version
    I was honestly expecting someone to get hurt halfway through that video. And by someone I mean everyone on the team...

Deleted
    old man kobe does it again bros, another game i had on the lost column, 9 straight points to send it into ot and a hard W. 41 points, 12 assists for the young man. Lakers half a game away from the 8th spot with utah playing a back to back at NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Looks that way. Was the only time he even made out of the 1st round in 9 seasons. So yea...
    That conference finals team had Chauncey Billups (currently a bench player on LAC) and Kenyon Martin (currently with the Knicks on a 10 day contract, has played in 2 games all season) as the 2nd and 3rd best players. Melo's done pretty well for the cards he's been dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by ptz View Post
    old man kobe does it again bros, another game i had on the lost column, 9 straight points to send it into ot and a hard W. 41 points, 12 assists for the young man. Lakers half a game away from the 8th spot with utah playing a back to back at NY.
    36 free throws, gg refs

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I was honestly expecting someone to get hurt halfway through that video. And by someone I mean everyone on the team...
    Wait I thought you was dead con.

I'm a big jazz fan but they're on a free fall right now. I definitely didn't expect them to contend for the top 4 seeds in the west but I did expect them to battle for the 5 and 6 seeds, they have loads of talent and just haven't been able to put it together for a long stretch. Looking like the lake show will make the playoffs after all.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 01:19 PM ----------

also, I think the rockets could be dangerous in the playoffs, wouldn't want to be playing them in the first round. Their offense is lethal.

/10character

Quote Originally Posted by AlexJordanMK View Post
    Rondo,Griffin,Lillard,Rubio,i prolly have forgot some others too) and those young stars evolving into better players, year by year.
    Could not include those guys. They're good but they aren't good enough for me to call them superstars under my definition.

Rondo: Top 5 PG imo, but he needs to play with good people or it's just not gonna work. Also, he needs to consistently score, which he can do but doesn't.
    Griffin: Exciting dunker, his skills are growing, but he's not good enough for a team to be built around him. Especially not without a good PG.
    Rubio: He's exciting to watch but he's nowhere near superstar realm, you must be fucking crazy to include him as a superstar.
    Lillard: He's great, but still way too young and hasn't proven anything. RoY for sure. Superstar? No.

Combination of no longer a mod (and no need to actively check sports section and shit = relieved posting) + hockey season + probably some real life job or women stuff is killing Conscript from being in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jameswester View Post
    I'm a big jazz fan but they're on a free fall right now. I definitely didn't expect them to contend for the top 4 seeds in the west but I did expect them to battle for the 5 and 6 seeds, they have loads of talent and just haven't been able to put it together for a long stretch. Looking like the lake show will make the playoffs after all.
    Ya I expected Jazz to compete for 7th or 8th seed but it looks like LAL is gonna crush them out of playoffs. LAL is half a game behind Utah.

Next 3 LAL games are against:
    Chicago
    Magic
    Atlanta

Next 3 Jazz games:
    Knicks
    Detroit
    OKC

Hard to really tell. Jazz will def lose against OKC. They might beat Knicks since Melo is out.
    LAL will probably lose to Chicago and might lose to Hawks.

LAL might really surpass Jazz. I'm shocked to be honest, I would have bet a lot that LAL wouldn't have made playoffs lol.

I can't wait to see Indiana beat Miami tomorrow and crush their streak (which is tied at LAC streak this season I believe).

Deleted
    The leauge favorize Lebron so unbelievably much, if Lebron did what Kobe does (Making those amazing shots, doing 40+ pts 10 ast+ 2 games in a row, being so clutch, and all that) they would shove the MVP trophy up his butt, im tired of NBA giving the Heat and Lebron such big attention, LAC didn't get such a big attention with their winning streak, but yeaaah why not give Queen James some.. NBA is set up.. Kobe having 1 MVP is a frikkin shame, hes the second greatest if not the greatest (arguably) player to ever play the game.. Done amazing games like 50+ pts 4 consectutive games, 81 points, a huge number of game winning shots and buzzers, led the lakers to championships and won those important games, aswell a brilliant defender and an amazing leader.. Lebron fans can't disagree with me, it's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancleave View Post
    Lebron fans can't disagree with me, it's the truth.
    While I am a fellow Laker and Kobe fan, please don't state that your opinion is fact and is the 'truth'.