10+ Year Old Account
    With the win against SA, the Lakers are 1 win away from the playoffs. Anyone still betting that they won't make it?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    With the win against SA, the Lakers are 1 win away from the playoffs. Anyone still betting that they won't make it?
    To lose the playoff spot, they'd have to lose their next game, and the Jazz must also win their next two games. I'm betting that the Lakers make the playoffs, and (probably) lose the first round.

After seeing the golden state game im predicting the lakers to win it all. 50 free throws to 16, dwight gets fouled and blake gets to shoot the ft's, lmao.

Magic are now shopping big baby glen davis, guess we cant have anyone on the roster who makes over 1 million dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utah won so we're down to the last game. Can the Lakers beet the Rockets, or can the Jazz beat the Grizzlies?

Lakers should be able to take the Rockets

with McGrady signing with the Spurs that makes the 1st round matchup more interesting, can the Spurs now overcome having T-Mac and actually get him out of the first round of the playoffs!?

KD isn't playing tonight. I'm a little happy since Melo clinched scoring title, but I'm kind of mad since in my friends/family fantasy league I was counting on him. I'm rank 1 right now but I talked some shit and can't afford to lose!

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    KD isn't playing tonight. I'm a little happy since Melo clinched scoring title, but I'm kind of mad since in my friends/family fantasy league I was counting on him. I'm rank 1 right now but I talked some shit and can't afford to lose!
    Blueobelisk talking shit imagine that :P. When I heard Melo clinch the scoring title I figured Blue was happy because like 50 pages back you was talking about how you would love more then nothing but having him win the scoring title.

Not understanding all this Stephen Curry "The Greatest Shooter Ever" talk. Guy is hitting 43% of his jumpers (for comparison, Lebron is a 41% jump shooter and Durant is a 42% jump shooter), is a below average finisher around the basket and is 3rd in the NBA in 3pt %.

He's Kyle Korver with more FGA

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsguard View Post
    Blueobelisk talking shit imagine that :P. When I heard Melo clinch the scoring title I figured Blue was happy because like 50 pages back you was talking about how you would love more then nothing but having him win the scoring title.
    I remember that LOL. Yeah it's really cool that Melo won the scoring title. Although TBH...Kobe could have won it if he decided not to pass. I thought it'd be cool if Kobe won it. (I didn't want Durant to win it. Yeah yeah he's good but he's also averaging mad minutes.)

I want...Knicks to win championship already, because after this year they'll probably drop down to like 6th seed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the Lakers made it in to the playoffs. I don't see them getting past the first round though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manipulation View Post
    Not understanding all this Stephen Curry "The Greatest Shooter Ever" talk. Guy is hitting 43% of his jumpers (for comparison, Lebron is a 41% jump shooter and Durant is a 42% jump shooter), is a below average finisher around the basket and is 3rd in the NBA in 3pt %.

He's Kyle Korver with more FGA
    Hey now, Kyle Korver was awesome. ...For that one year.

I'm usually pretty apathetic abut dunks. In games, they're usually really nothing, just a guy going up and dunking. The commentators go nuts, but usually it's not worth getting excited about. I must say, then, I was somewhat surprised at this top ten dunks of the year list.

I like coordination dunks, alley-oops, more than most anything else. The fake "Blake Griffin" style, throwdown that isn't really a dunk, well, isn't a dunk. And some of these are shit and don't deserve o be here. Number two specifically. It's not impressive, it's just a dunk.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-18 at 06:49 AM.

Theres 3 series I think that could have an upset.

New York vs Boston
    Brooklyn vs Chicago
    LA Clippers vs Memphis

Right now Im leaning toward picking New York, Chicago, and the Clippers. I would feel really bad for the Knicks if they lose again in the first round though. Melo and that team will just get murdered for once again falling short. Chicago Im leaning towards because they have more playoff experience collectively and are much better defensively. Clippers simply seem more talented I trust in Chris Paul to make enough plays to win games.

HOUSTON VS. OKC

LAL VA. SA SPURS

Damn guys, this was the best possible outcome.

I'll come back and wave my arms at Jib later for doubting New York and also we can have some playoff brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Hey now, Kyle Korver was awesome. ...For that one year.

I'm usually pretty apathetic abut dunks. In games, they're usually really nothing, just a guy going up and dunking. The commentators go nuts, but usually it's not worth getting excited about. I must say, then, I was somewhat surprised at this top ten dunks of the year list.

I like coordination dunks, alley-oops, more than most anything else. The fake "Blake Griffin" style, throwdown that isn't really a dunk, well, isn't a dunk. And some of these are shit and don't deserve o be here. Number two specifically. It's not impressive, it's just a dunk.
    I like dunks where there's someone contesting it rather than those free ones on the break. Except for that Jamal Crawford and Blade dunk though, that one was pretty awesome.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Theres 3 series I think that could have an upset.

New York vs Boston
    Brooklyn vs Chicago
    LA Clippers vs Memphis

Right now Im leaning toward picking New York, Chicago, and the Clippers. I would feel really bad for the Knicks if they lose again in the first round though. Melo and that team will just get murdered for once again falling short. Chicago Im leaning towards because they have more playoff experience collectively and are much better defensively. Clippers simply seem more talented I trust in Chris Paul to make enough plays to win games.
    I think Houston could take OKC to 7, nobody wants that series more than Harden and OKC is already thinking about Miami most likely.

Also you have to give Golden State a chance at the upset with Faried and Gallinari hurt for Denver.

Jib. I just checked. You didn't win the fantasy basketball LOL. Whoever the fuck "Killer" is is who won. I came in 5th. I forgot about that shit and I think Pendulous knocked me out of the first round of the playoffs.

Anyway. *waves arms* DON'T DOUBT KNICKS@@@ If Knicks lose more than 2 games to Boston I'll retract them from being contenders.

I stopped putting in players a few months back so I wasnt expecting to win

10+ Year Old Account
    Killer beat me in the finals. I believe this is him.

ESPN top ten plays of the season, number 10, Blake Griffin blocks Deron Williams. Because, you know, Griffin isn't a foot taller than him.

Either I don't get basketball at all, or these picks are extremely stupid.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-18 at 10:58 PM.

So, if the Lakers lose in the first round (which I honestly believe is going to happen), how "big" will you rate their "failure" (of not legitimately challenging for the championship)? Do they get, in any form, a "pass" for injuries?