The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Lebron was called for a block when he had position and went straight up, a moving pick when he wasn't moving, and an elbow for... I don't know what exactly. Also, Wade didn't travel at the very end here. If I believed in NBA conspiracies I might be thinking that a seven game series is in the league's best interest because the Spurs rolled Memphis. It's actually just that Crawford is incompetent, but aggravating nonetheless.
    I can admit the moving pick was questionable, especially considering the circumstances. But I remember that block call because Lebron freaked out but it was 100% a foul. He got him really good on the arms. I don't remember the elbow.

Wade definitely traveled at the end. You can't take a step forward and then backward without dribbling.... The man went up like he was shooting a 3, then jumped forward and then backward (all without dribbling).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cattywhompas View Post
    lebron and bosh are both top 10 in the NBA in jump shot % according to basketball-reference.com
    lebron is #1 in the NBA in catch and shoot % at 64%, ray allen is #3 at 61%, chalmers is 7th at 59%, and battier is #11 at 57%

now to your site where you broke it down into 4' brackets just so you can say "look, heat aren't good from here". why not break it down by the inch, they're bound to lose MORE of those categories, right? overall they shot 50%. nobody else shot 49%. this is where we start

#1 in the NBA from 0-8ft at 63.4%
    #1 in the NBA from 16-24ft at 44.1%
    #2 in the NBA from 24ft+ at 40%

they're the ONLY TEAM IN NBA HISTORY to hit 63% inside 8' and 40% from 3pt while hitting 50% of their overall shots for a season
    the closest was the 2006-2007 suns who hit 63/40 but at 49%
    Yeah and they are 18th from 8-16ft... Anyway you slice it doesn't look as insane as you are trying to make it out to be. There's no point in looking at inside 8ft cause I already showed they are mediocre from 5-9ft which means that 63% stems from inside 5ft which is obviously attributed to dunks/layups. You wanna applaud them for making dunks/layups? Since we are talking about jump shooting here there's no reason to even mention inside of 5ft.

So you are so proud of them for that trifecta of 63% inside 8' and 50% overall which means absolutely nothing. If you don't believe me you can even break it down by zone: Miami is #1 in FG% from the restricted zone and #8 from in the paint but outside the zone. It's all dunks and layups, nothing to do whatsoever with jump shooting. Now they are just behind Golden State from long range which is nice and all, but historically impressive? No. Not in terms of how well they hit shots at least. It's impressive how many open dunks and layups they are able to get but that is expected with 2 superstars who can penetrate and dish to open players like Lebron and Wade.

Also, Heat lost? Blame the refs, check.

10+ Year Old Account
    he didn't, he picked his dribble up and stepped back and that's not a travel. it was a bad call. what's worse is that the call was made right when battier hit a 3 to bring it within 2

when the heat went up with 6 mins to go, the heat were called for 2 offensive fouls, 5 defensive fouls, 2 travels and lebron fouled out after hitting a clutch 3 with 1 min to go

pacers got the help they needed to stay competitive. this happens about every year. best team will win the series overall, but they'll lose a game or two
    Are you serious? Anytime anyone criticizes anything, they're a "hater", even if what they said was true, and not even negative? But anytime the Heat loses, it was the refs making them lose? Even after you said:
    Still got folks blaming the refs for every heat win
    Yeah, the last Lebron foul was definitely questionable, and probably wrong. So was the 24-second call. Calls go back and forth, every game. Stop being so incredibly biased. Because it seems you cannot accept any loss without blaming the refs. The Heat are too much godly angels that can do no wrong:
    Are you serious? Miami played poorly, Indiana got call after call after call and even had a lucky 40ft 3pt at the end of regulation mixed in and on top of that, the mistake by Spo to NOT foul on that last play in regulation also hurt them. Miami didn't play well, was just bad in the first half, lost chalmers at halftime, haslem was off, wade and lebron were in foul trouble and the pacers were +7 in FTA with the only tech going against miami. And what about that ghost foul at the end of OT, or the drive by lebron to tie it before that where he's fouled by 2 guys on the same drive and gets no call.

That was the "ok guys, keep this series interesting" play. SAS had to overcome the same bullshit in their game 2. It's the conference finals, the creme rises.

And the heat STILL won.

This was the game the pacers had to steal and they didn't. It may be another 40 point blowout in game 2. Wade looks healthy, had his hops back for the first time in weeks and birdman has played at a high level since the heat signed him.

Heat in 5 is still what I'm saying, and i wouldn't be surprised with a sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Wade definitely traveled at the end. You can't take a step forward and then backward without dribbling.... The man went up like he was shooting a 3, then jumped forward and then backward (all without dribbling).
    He did dribble. Check a replay. He caught the ball, took a step, bounced, then picked up his dribble for the step back shot. That's a 100% legal move.

Also, Stommped, Lebron established his position. Feet were set and he went straight up. He was also outside of the restricted area. That can't be a block. If there's contact in that circumstance, it's a charge unless the defender swings at the shooter. I get that block/charge is a tough call sometimes, but the refs have been so bad at it lately it's sad. Not just this series, but this whole postseason. He probably freaked out about it because the last time he had position on a ball handler, Hibbert threw a forearm into him and got the block call there too.
    Last edited by buck008; 2013-05-29 at 04:54 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    He did dribble. Check a replay. He caught the ball, took a step, bounced, then picked up his dribble for the step back shot. That's a 100% legal move.

Also, Stommped, Lebron established his position. Feet were set and he went straight up. He was also outside of the restricted area. That can't be a block. If there's contact in that circumstance, it's a charge unless the defender swings at the shooter. I get that block/charge is a tough call sometimes, but the refs have been so bad at it lately it's sad. Not just this series, but this whole postseason. He probably freaked out about it because the last time he had position on a ball handler, Hibbert threw a forearm into him and got the block call there too.
    It was neither a block nor a charge, it was a hack. It was clear as day and not even close, wish I could find a video of it. In the process of jumping straight up, his arms went directly into George's arms. That's a foul.

Here is all I could find for now, though from this angle it's really hard to see. When they showed the replay from up close is when I thought "What the hell is wrong with Lebron, that's a foul" 4:17 is when the foul occurs.

Last edited by Stommped; 2013-05-29 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    LeBron, West, Stephenson fined $5,000 for Game 4 flops

Expected, sadly, wont change the next 3 games

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 05:03 PM ----------

edit: the west vs lebron was hilarious ;-))

10+ Year Old Account
    Simeon High School should just become an NBA team, discuss.

Deleted
    MVP?

You can blame the refs now

I watched like 12 total first quarter minutes and then got tired and came back to room. My TV is like 15 inches so lol I can't really see without my glasses what with widescreen on and the couch being so far away, and the quality is soooo shitty. I like ESPN games that I can watch on my tablet, fuck TNT. :/

Heat up 3-2. If Pacers push this to seven, lol.............

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    MVP?

You can blame the refs now
    When did non Heat fans ever blame the refs?

Like all the time?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    When did non Heat fans ever blame the refs?
    Dude, I got you, there is only 2 teams left to cheer for (hoping the Heat will lose, couse, you are not a fan of a team, but Miami hater, we know). Dont worry, you still have better chance to WIN.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    Like all the time?
    Link? Cause I can just look at the past 2-3 pages and quote post after post with tears flowing from Heat fans about the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Dude, I got you, there is only 2 teams left to cheer for (hoping the Heat will lose, couse, you are not a fan of a team, but Miami hater, we know). Dont worry, you still have better chance to WIN.
    How does that have anything to do with what I posted?

Personally, I've rarely been less confident after a win. Bosh continues to contribute nothing. Wade gets a good play once every 7-8 minutes. Battier can't hit anything still. Neither can Ray Allen. The second and third best players for Miami this series have been Udonis Haslem and Birdman. That ain't going to cut it against the Spurs.

Also, at least when I cry about the refs I offer specific examples and reasons behind why I feel that the calls were awful. The refs finally called two charges correctly last night though, so that's progress. It's easy to say the refs were better, but the game wasn't even close for most of the second half so most of the calls didn't matter as much and weren't as scrutinized. I was replaying Mass Effect 2 for a good portion of the fourth quarter, so maybe Indy got hosed and I just didn't notice.

Personally, I've rarely been less confident after a win. Bosh continues to contribute nothing. Wade gets a good play once every 7-8 minutes. Battier can't hit anything still. Neither can Ray Allen. The second and third best players for Miami this series have been Udonis Haslem and Birdman. That ain't going to cut it against the Spurs.

Also, at least when I cry about the refs I offer specific examples and reasons behind why I feel that the calls were awful. The refs finally called two charges correctly last night though, so that's progress. It's easy to say the refs were better, but the game wasn't even close for most of the second half so most of the calls didn't matter as much and weren't as scrutinized. I was replaying Mass Effect 2 for a good portion of the fourth quarter, so maybe Indy got hosed and I just didn't notice.
    I think if Battier/Charlmers/Allen start knocking down their 3's, the spurs can't contain all 5 players. If they don't, it will be a close series.

Ill be happy as long as the Heat get eliminated.

Looks like Birdman got suspended for 1 game.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Looks like Birdman got suspended for 1 game.
    Yeah http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013...spended-game-6 in the playoffs it's pretty dumb to do this esp when you are the only answer to the Pacers height advantage.

The more I watch this series the more confident I get that the Spurs are the NBA champions. Not only are they experienced and well rested they have actually faired much better against stronger competition (2 games lost all playoffs) and have the size inside to give the Heat fits as well as athletic 3s that can match up good enough with Lebron/Granger. Parker will be the player that will essentially be unstoppable against Miami, Chalmers will not be able to guard him and the Heat dont have any presence down low to sway Parker from constantly attacking and finishing at the rim. If they even dare put Lebron on him I think that would even worse since Parker's quickness will be too much and will present bad mismatches for Wade/Chalmers at the same time.

Indiana would appear to matchup better with San Antonio but their talent level is far less than the Heats and their youth will prove to be their downfall in a series like this one, especially without a real proven ballhandler running the show as Indiana already is incredibly turnover prone when pressure gets applied to them

Heat vs Spurs: Spurs in 6
    Pacers vs Spurs: Spurs in 5