10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OscaR View Post
    well as a fan of an irrelevant team, i thought the series was pretty good. Don't know why people are hating so much lol, I just seem to enjoy every championship celebration and the things that follow. Happens once a year, might as well enjoy it.
    As a fan also of an irrelevant team, I thought the Finals stunk. Every game before 6 was "Heat win by 30! Spurs win by 20! Heat win by 15! Spurs win by a gajillion!" Boring. And baffling. how can the two best teams in the NBA keep doing that?

well, since that's over and done with.. on with the draft!

Will Noel go to Cleveland as #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    As a fan also of an irrelevant team, I thought the Finals stunk. Every game before 6 was "Heat win by 30! Spurs win by 20! Heat win by 15! Spurs win by a gajillion!" Boring. And baffling. how can the two best teams in the NBA keep doing that?
    part of it was fatigue. 82 game regular season, then playoffs, then games every other day in the finals. not much room for rest. when the other team goes up by 15+ you naturally quit trying. the other part is the play style of both teams. heat play aggressive defense and try to force turnovers, whereas the spurs play good team ball where everyone has to be on their A game. if the spurs aren't focused, heat force a lot of turnovers which result in fast break points... but if the spurs play good, they'll shred the heat's defense to pieces.

games 6 and 7 came down to both teams getting tired. 3 games in 5 nights, factoring in travel from san antonio to miami between game 5 and 6, is rough. the nba needs to rework their finals schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Games View Post
    games 6 and 7 came down to both teams getting tired. 3 games in 5 nights, factoring in travel from san antonio to miami between game 5 and 6, is rough. the nba needs to rework their finals schedule.
    A lot of people want the finals to be a hh-aa-h-a-h format instead of the hh-aaa-hh it is now. If they were to switch that's a lot more traveling and they would have to push it back to a game every 3 days instead of 2. Which is fine I guess.

http://hoopsapedia.webs.com/kobebryantvslebron.htm

Found this kinda interesting. It's obviously Lebron favored but it really shows the differences between their games. Not saying one approach is better than the other but I'd say the advantage goes to the one who can do both well and can understand the ebbs and flows of the game and what their team needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    A lot of people want the finals to be a hh-aa-h-a-h format instead of the hh-aaa-hh it is now. If they were to switch that's a lot more traveling and they would have to push it back to a game every 3 days instead of 2. Which is fine I guess.

http://hoopsapedia.webs.com/kobebryantvslebron.htm

Found this kinda interesting. It's obviously Lebron favored but it really shows the differences between their games. Not saying one approach is better than the other but I'd say the advantage goes to the one who can do both well and can understand the ebbs and flows of the game and what their team needs.
    Nope. I stopped reading after the first two were about rookies, and the next gajillion were about assists. "game with more than 12 assists" "Now games with more than 10 assists because we're stupid and obviously trying to explain to people how stupid we are".

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Game 1 was pretty close too. I like seeing players going on streaks like the 3s from the Spurs. And the events of the last 2 games kinda made me forget about the previous ones lol. Thought it was much better than last year's.

now that the season is over lebron is already getting set for next season

I'm curious what happens next with Wade, Bosh, Miller. Strong rumor was amnesty on Miller and after putting up a goose egg in game 7, Bosh being moved is a real option (and might be the only way to keep LeBron when his contract is up).

Refs let game 6 end that way because NBA would generate MAD revenue from a game seven. It was a lot of the Spurs fault for not sealing the deal though.

Game 7 I feel like Wade stepped up a lot in the 2nd quarter which kept Heat above Spurs, and as per usual Heat had someone knocking in 3s. This time it was Shane Battier.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'm curious what happens next with Wade, Bosh, Miller. Strong rumor was amnesty on Miller and after putting up a goose egg in game 7, Bosh being moved is a real option (and might be the only way to keep LeBron when his contract is up).
    I think Miller was getting the amnesty after this year regardless. Ray Allen might retire, maybe Battier too. Wade is going to play until his body falls apart and they have to drag him off the floor. I don't really see any way the Heat can trade him. He makes too much for another team to take on his contract at this stage in his career, and the fans would rebel. The only piece they can really move to get some kind of value for is Bosh. I don't know what exactly his market is right now, and he didn't quite make a strong sales pitch for himself in the playoffs. It'll be an interesting off season.

Someone mentioned the draft... this whole draft class just sucks. I don't know if there's a future all star in the whole group. Is Noel really the guy you want at number one? Sure his defense and rebounding were pretty good for the half a year of college ball that he played, but his offensive game is atrocious. I have no idea what I'd do as a GM. Trade out probably.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see anyway Lebron stays with the Heat after next year (when he can opt out). Pat Riley will have to pull some magic shit.

Why wouldn't Lebron stay with the Heat? What if they pull a dynasty and three peat.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bosh is worthless, 0 pts in game 7?!? Wade is only getting older and more broken down. Battier/Miller/Allen will be gone either this year or next. What incentive would Lebron have to stay? They would have the cap to get another major player if they get rid of Bosh, but who? After next year he could go to a team that has cap room AND a young superstar (Cleveland?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Bosh is worthless, 0 pts in game 7?!? Wade is only getting older and more broken down. Battier/Miller/Allen will be gone either this year or next. What incentive would Lebron have to stay? They would have the cap to get another major player if they get rid of Bosh, but who? After next year he could go to a team that has cap room AND a young superstar (Cleveland?)
    Problem with Cleveland is that they really don't have much else, and none of their guards care to play defense. One would think they would follow Lebron's lead, but who knows. Mickey Arison isn't afraid to open his wallet and Riles is still there. Let's see how the Heat reload before we decide what LBJ's plans are.

Edit: I'll panic if Pat Riley jets in the offseason.
    Last edited by buck008; 2013-06-21 at 06:11 PM.

I don't think they'll replace Bosh, I think Bosh is only playing SO poorly because of his role. If he was the main guy of a team he might look good again (which a LOT of people do). I think that's a really misunderstood thing: that certain players on scrub teams are overrated and get called superstars when in reality there is just no one else around them so they get to play more, take some more shots, and gain a little confidence.

Lebron BURNED that bridge, I don't think Cleveland would accept him. I don't think he'll move unless things go horribly next season. Although part of me hopes now that Miami wins again just so we get to call them dynasty level.

Deleted
    Sadly San Antonio was just out of steam. They was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Although part of me hopes now that Miami wins again just so we get to call them dynasty level.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    I never bought that argument. More travel with only 2 teams involved vs 16 teams? If anything, make the first 3 rounds 2-3-2 and the finals 2-2-1-1-1.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The King going to NY?
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even realize coaches could be parts of trades. Odd. In any case, looks like the Clippers are getting Doc Rivers.

Ya but not for active players. That's why league said they'd reject any KG to LAC trade.

Boston is looking for a ton of first round picks. They're in rebuild mode for sure lol.

Guys how long do you think a team needs to be in rebuild mode before they can be contenders? Assuming no crazy free agency like Miami or crazy money like NYK and LAL.