Nahhhh. I think some nicknames are stupid. KG "Big Ticket," PP "The Truth," TD "Big Fundamental" are all stupid. Even CP3 or D12/Superman are stupid. AK47...I hate those initials#s nicknames because the number is already on the back of the jersey.

Only cool ones are Black Mamba and King James. And maybe Birdman. And uhhhh. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's all I can think of.

And lols at Jib. KUKUKUKU I think people are underestimating the Bulls slightly, but...let's place some realistic expectations.

Okay Jib. If Derrick Rose wins league MVP and Bulls win championship, I'll let you come to 2014 NBA Draft with me. (But I'm leaving after first round probably.)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay Blue if Spurs win and Parker wins the MVP can I go instead?

Of course, Skars. Okay let's play it like this.

Spurs win NBA Championship Tony Parker wins league MVP Skars comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Bulls win NBA Championship Derrick Rose wins league MVP Jib comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Pistons win NBA Championship LOL no one is gonna be league MVP, so if 5 Pistons become All Stars Conscript comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Lakers win Western Conference Championship Kobe Bryant wins scoring title or league MVP Iced comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Raptors win NBA Championship Two players make All Star Team Jreg goes to 2016 All Star Game in Toronto

Left + middle = right

Sounds fair right? Anyone else want to play? I purposely left you Miami Heat people out LOL.

Oh and uhm. You can't stay at my house and I'm not paying for the plane ticket sooo lol. However you get to NY is your problem!

- - - Updated - - -

Btw if you guys have nothing to do one day: Here's a 2 minute video where Knicks discuss what they're gonna call Metta World Peace.
    I know I'm yelling "psychopath" at my TV screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Sounds fair right? Anyone else want to play? I purposely left you Miami Heat people out LOL.
    Lakers winning the championship and Bryant winning MVP / scoring will totally happen. Bet money.

I'd say I balanced it PRETTY well.

Spurs were one rebound/lucky 3 away from winning last year.
    Bulls took a game from Heat last year without Rose and everyone else injured.
    Pistons got revamped and only need a few all star selections, which is just a popularity contest.
    Lakers only need CONFERENCE win and Kobe needs either scoring or MVP, and people will be sympathetic and sick of Lebron.
    Raptors winning gets Jreg an ALL STAR game ticket.

If I had to do a bet for Miami Heat, it'd have to be something like championship, league MVP, and 28+ game win streak OR 72 games OR 12-0 in Eastern Conference.

I'd say I balanced it PRETTY well.
    Err, derp. I read that as winning the championship. I is smart.

When does the regular season start, anyway? I'm getting bored.

Uhm.

30 days from now so I guess like October 29th.

BUT. Next Saturday preseason starts. Chicago is playing Indiana. I wanna see the debut of DRose early@@@@.

LOL Blue. So basically:

"Buy your own god damn all star tickets."

Kukuku, you're in a "low chance high reward" situation. You're totally special.

Lemme add a few people for fun. I'll make the rules a little different for people who like the same team.

Spurs win NBA Championship Tony Parker wins league MVP Skars comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Bulls win NBA Championship Derrick Rose wins league MVP Jib comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Pistons win NBA Championship LOL no one is gonna be league MVP, so if 5 Pistons become All Stars Conscript comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Lakers win Western Conference Championship Kobe Bryant wins scoring title or league MVP Iced comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Raptors win NBA Championship Two players make All Star Team Jreg goes to 2016 All Star Game in Toronto
    Bulls win NBA Championship Joakim Noah wins Defensive PoY Stompped comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Wizards win East Conference Finals John Wall wins MVP or scoring title or leads NBA in assists Spectral comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Jazz makes it to second round of Western Conference playoffs Any Jazz player wins league MVP or scoring title or Defensive PoY Pendulous comes to 2014 NBA draft
    Heat win NBA Championship and any Heat player wins league MVP Heat win 32+ consecutive games or win 72+ regular season games or go 16-0 in the Eastern Conference Finals Buck comes to 2014 NBA draft

Left + middle = right

Idk if you guys realize but just to be able to say you went to 2014 NBA Draft will be pretty cool down the road. You'll be in some random conversation and someone will be like:

"Omg isn't this Andrew Wiggins kid not all he was hyped up to be?" And then you'll be like "yeah this faggot on this forum I use doubted my home team's greatness and I ended up getting tickets to Wiggin's draft off him. Worst 4 hours of sitting around waiting of my life."

Err. I mean, they'll be like:

"2014 was best draft class ever" and you'll be like "Wiggins is so great, my good friend got me tickets so I could get to see him get drafted to the last team David Stern rigged the lotto for. Good times."

- - - Updated - - -

Omg NBA Finals back to 2-2-1-1-1.

Omg NBA Finals back to 2-2-1-1-1.
    Nice. I like that format better for competitive-sake, but I do understand why it was how it was for flights and what-not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I am just now getting back into the NBA, and am going back to the team I liked when I originally lived down here in in Cali: The Sacramento Kings, how have they done in the past seven years or so?
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Alright, I am just now getting back into the NBA, and am going back to the team I liked when I originally lived down here in in Cali: The Sacramento Kings, how have they done in the past seven years or so?
    *puts on doctor giving patient cancer news*

I'm so sorry to tell you this but...the Kings are probably the shittiest most irrelevant team in the entire NBA.

If this is a ploy to let me get you in on the bet, I'd have to like. Buy you the Sacramento Kings if they win a championship. That's the only way to make it fair.

Quick facts on Kings:
    -They have Demarcus Cousins. Pretty solid player, shitty attitude.
    -Kings are about to get partly owned by Shaq.
    -That's it.

If I were you I'd root for LAC.

Let's see...

28–54 (.341) last season.
    22–44 (.333) 2011-2012.
    24–58 (.293) 2010-2011.

Yeah, I don't feel like I need to go any further. They're terrible, and always trade their good players for garbage. It's baffling.

If I were you I'd root for LAC.
    *cough* I think you meant Lakers. *cough*.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I don't even care if they are crappy, at least it means I can get some tickets for games easier if I can scrounge up a bit of money. I used to love Bibby and Webber, now I guess I am going to pull for Cousins even with his issues.

Thanks for the warning though, it'll be like my being the only Niners fan in Idaho for the last eight years, god it is good to be back in Cali.

And Blue, what bet exactly? I saw the list, but how would one get into it?
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2013-10-02 at 12:02 AM.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Ya the old Sacramento Kings owners were retards and they wanted to move the Kings to Seattle or Virginia Beach or some shit so GL with those tickets. Well I think those guys ended up selling the team because every other NBA team owner voted against them or some shit. I don't remember too well, no one cares/cared enough for the Kings to follow/report the news lol.

It's not exactly a bet but it's fun to think of it like that, although I'm the only one at risk of losing anything...It's more of...a competition/joke. A few people who frequent this thread are overzealous about the status of their team and think they'll do incredibly well while everyone else in the thread and "in media" have more realistic expectations rather than the best possible scenario. So I thought it'd be cool to offer them a reward if their team did as well as they think they will. Then there are some people on that list who have shitty/mediocre teams who I made a bet with just because it's fun to tease them.

How to play? All those people visit this thread a lot and I know who their home town teams are is all. If you chat with us in this thread throughout the season I'll let you in. Just ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright then. I am going to likely be a frequenter of this thread now that I can actually watch Kings games again, be damned if they suck. I am no bandwagon fan! I also know the Maloofs, I am glad they are not the owners anymore. The new ownership is a group led by Vivek Ranadivé according to Wikipedia. Time to start catching up on information!

Oh, and screw the media, I am going to be a homer and say that the Kings go above .500! I will eat my hat if they get in the playoffs, and dance in the streets.

Also: daaafuq? Shaq is a part owner? I feel betrayed, he kicked Divac's ass so much back when I was an NBA fan. Hell, he kicked everyone on the Kings' collective asses. "Rivalry" between them and LAL, riiiight.
    Last edited by Robbyjawz; 2013-10-02 at 02:41 AM.

Also: daaafuq? Shaq is a part owner? I feel betrayed, he kicked Divac's ass so much back when I was an NBA fan. Hell, he kicked everyone on the Kings' collective asses. "Rivalry" between them and LAL, riiiight.
    I completely agree. It's weird. Although I did find it amusing that we can call it "Shaqramento" now.

Kay. I wanted to make an adjustment to conscript's too.

Pistons win Eastern Conference Finals Three Pistons make the All Star team Conscript comes to 2014 NBA Draft
    Kings make it to second round of NBA Playoffs Two Kings make All Star team or any King wins league MVP or any King wins scoring title or any King wins Defensive PoY Robby comes to 2014 NBA Draft

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If the Kings make it to the second round of the playoffs, I'll buy everyone who has ever posted in this thread 2014 NBA draft tickets...

Lol Stomped. I was gonna say "make it the to NBA playoffs" but that'd be unfair to the harsh conditions I gave Pendulous/Utah Jazz and Wizards.