15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I would completely understand people hating on Kobe for the rape if he was convicted, but he wasn't, and people still talk about it as if he was.
    He paid a settlement. You don't do that without reason. I think she was probably a gold-digging skank, but he paid a settlement in her civil case against him so something was off (or he just has enough money to give it to her and tell her to shut up which is extremely possible).

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Seems like he really derserved the MVP last season. Hard to follow the Bulls without a gamecard. Why tho they have to be that expensive. Can't afford all of them lol.
    So basic is Bears without Cutler... They can't win without him. Kinda sad, but there you go. I just hope the Bulls with make beat Philly. Would be sad to see no Chicago teams going in the 2th round of playoff.
    Guess it's time to start rooting on Chicago Fire lol.
    Ya it is like Cutler but nowhere near as bad lol. The Bears imploded without Cutler and Forte. The fact that Denver actually signed Caleb Hanie to be Manning's back up is baffling. What on earth did that guy show last year to make anyone think he could be a capable back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 07:32 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Ya it is like Cutler but nowhere near as bad lol. The Bears imploded without Cutler and Forte. The fact that Denver actually signed Caleb Hanie to be Manning's back up is baffling. What on earth did that guy show last year to make anyone think he could be a capable back up.
    Well I think he could have done better if it wasn't for Mike Martz. Hanie was good when rolling out of the pocket, but Mike Martz woudn't let him.
    Anyback back on topic, free stream tonight... Fuck yea..
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Lol ok just ignore all the facts I gave to why Kevin Durant had a better season. To imply that me saying he should finish 2nd in MVP voting this season is "hating" on him is rediculous. Once again Durant had more points, more rebounds, more blocks, shot better from 3, shot better from FT, played in more games, lead his team to a better record, in the better western conference, with less all stars as his supporting cast. Yes just ignore all of that. I do hate Lebron but that has nothing to do with me believing Durant was the MVP over him.
    KD: 28.0 PPG 8.0 RPG 3.5 APG .496 FG% 26.2 PER
    LBJ 27.1 PPG 7.9 RPG 6.2 APG .531 FG% 30.7 PER

Durant had barely better points and rebounds. LeBron crushed him in assists and field goal percent. Durant is a better pure shooter than James, hence the higher 3 point and free throw numbers. James is miles and miles ahead of Durant on defense. Miami was 46 and 20 while OKC was 47 and 19. You are splitting hairs with the stat categories where Durant is better. The Heat also went something like 12-1 without Wade. Check out all the advanced metrics and stats that you like. James had a monster season. He will win the MVP by a huge margin, and deservedly so. I'll go so far as to say Chris Paul should be second with Durant third. But I respect that you'll go down swinging on this one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Orlando showed some real heart today. Who needs Dwight? Deal him this offseason for some decent complimentary pieces and they will still be a playoff team.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Orlando showed some real heart today. Who needs Dwight? Deal him this offseason for some decent complimentary pieces and they will still be a playoff team.
    why would you deal a Superstar for a complimentary piece. I know he has been locker room cancer this year but with Dwight there a contender for the finals without him there going to be exiting the playoffs first or second round every year. Who would you be complimenting is what I'm really asking I know they have some good young talent but they need somebody to put them over the edge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    why would you deal a Superstar for a complimentary piece. I know he has been locker room cancer this year but with Dwight there a contender for the finals without him there going to be exiting the playoffs first or second round every year. Who would you be complimenting is what I'm really asking I know they have some good young talent but they need somebody to put them over the edge.
    Pieces and picks, not just the pieces. There is no "over the edge" in the NBA unless you are real, real close or do what Miami did in free agency. For most teams it is either be decent or be awful and hope to get good through the lottery. The middle of the pack teams remain in the middle of the pack because the NBA draft is awful after pick 6. The Magic need to trade enough to be decent and draft high thanks to the trade or they need to trade and tank.

The thought is New Jersey is still the front runner in a trade scenario. I am firmly a Brooks Lopez hater (he is 7+ feet tall and can't rebound to save his grandmothers life. God he is fucking awful), but if you can get him, a first or two, and maybe somebody else worthwhile like Marshawn Brooks, the only other worthwhile piece on that entire team lol, they should do it. Dwight isn't coming back. They need to go in the tank for a couple years and get a lottery pick or two of consequence on their team. The dream scenario for the Magic is the Nets landing in the top three in the lottery meaning they get to keep their pick rather than lose it in that remarkably stupid Gerald Wallace trade. If they win the lottery, which I wouldn't rule out happening since the lottery is fixed, they are taking Davis and a trade for Howard is dead. If they land at two or three though they should deal Lopez and that pick for Howard. That would immediately give Orlando a big piece. Say the Nets land at three and trade for Howard. Orlando drafts Michael Kidd Gilchrist with that pick. Their starting 5 next year would be Nelson, whoever they start at the 2 now, MKG, Anderson, and Big Baby/Lopez rotation. That isn't a horrible team. Not even remotely close to the Heat though so they have no shot at the Finals, but then again that applies to about 3/4ths of the teams in the NBA as that are only 5-7 real title contenders. If they tank away into the lottery, or better yet get New Jersey to give them another 1st in the Howard deal, they could be in decent shape in two years. Brooklyn is going to be fucking terrible if they trade Lopez and their 1st for Howard, but that won't matter because they need a star to fill seats and god knows that isn't Lopez. If Orlando can somehow swing two picks they will both likely be lottery which would be amazing.

I still think Chicago should trade for him (but that won't happen thanks to Dwight the brand and his upcoming mega Adidas show deal if he is in any major city but Chicago). They need a guy who can create shots. Dwight can do that. Sure he needs to be within 5 feet of the rim to create a shot because he still has no jumper at year 7 and completely mediocre offensive moves, but it is more than most Bulls can do. Noah would be a great return for the Magic although the overall package would be awful compared to the Nets deal since the picks would suck because the Bulls are damn good and aren't going to be a lottery team for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Thunder complete the sweep on the Mavs to go on to the next round in the playoffs.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

15+ Year Old Account
    Hardin is freaking amazing. I love that he might very well be the best player on OKC and comes off the bench for them and has never shown any issue at all with having that role. Good luck Lakers (assuming they beat the Nuggets).

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs are still rolling and that make's me happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, Chicago might be fucked. Hopefully Noah can come back next game or it might be over.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 06:30 PM ----------

Good job by New York looking like they are going to keep themselves from being embarrassed. Grats to the refs on making phantom calls on both teams the entire game especially on Battier there at the end on the Anthony three attempt. You don't even have to make contact on superstars now for it to be a three free throw shooting foul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it took 41 from Melo but at least they won 1. Nice double double by Amare. Ow and lol @ Kncis trading Melo.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Amazing play by the Heat to end the game. Could they be more awful at running last second plays? Every time the set play is either Wade or LeBron gets the ball and then the other 4 guys stand around and do nothing. Spoelstra is a horrible head coach. Those are the plays where you find out who the good head coaches are. Two years on of having two of the top 8 players in the game and he still hasn't managed to draw up a single good play for those two guys that isn't Iso.

Ugh. What was Dwayne Wade doing at the end there? At least Conscript mentioned the refs first, makes me look like less of a homer when I say everyone that bitched about game one can shut up now. We're even. Would have been nice to close out this series today and get a few days of rest before the next series, but i suppose it was inevitable that Carmelo would go off in one of his home games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Ugh. What was Dwayne Wade doing at the end there? At least Conscript mentioned the refs first, makes me look like less of a homer when I say everyone that bitched about game one can shut up now. We're even. Would have been nice to close out this series today and get a few days of rest before the next series, but i suppose it was inevitable that Carmelo would go off in one of his home games.
    The refs were the exact same in the Bulls/Sixers game earlier. They whistled everything whether there was actual contact or not. At the end of the Knicks game, Wade got called for a foul on a Carmelo drive where Wade went straight up and Melo initiated contact. The Battier call was awful. Earlier in the game Melo and LeBron got a double foul when LeBron was the one that pushed Melo off and it wasn't even enough to justify a foul on LeBron let alone a foul on both. There was that call on a LeBron drive where he threw up a wild shot, barely got touched and they called a foul.

The refereeing doesn't even looked bias in any series, it just looks wildly incompetent.

Battier hit Melo's elbow at the end there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Spurs are still rolling and that make's me happy.
    Yeah, well.......even if the Jazz were healthy, they'd be rolling. Real tests will be next round, though I'd probably pick them to win the West either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, well.......even if the Jazz were healthy, they'd be rolling. Real tests will be next round, though I'd probably pick them to win the West either way.
    Real test is when they face OKC, not the Clippers.

And YEAHHHH Knicks won. Finally. I was holding my breath at the end there, Amare couldn't even dribble with his left hand.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    KD: 28.0 PPG 8.0 RPG 3.5 APG .496 FG% 26.2 PER
    LBJ 27.1 PPG 7.9 RPG 6.2 APG .531 FG% 30.7 PER

Durant had barely better points and rebounds. LeBron crushed him in assists and field goal percent. Durant is a better pure shooter than James, hence the higher 3 point and free throw numbers. James is miles and miles ahead of Durant on defense. Miami was 46 and 20 while OKC was 47 and 19. You are splitting hairs with the stat categories where Durant is better. The Heat also went something like 12-1 without Wade. Check out all the advanced metrics and stats that you like. James had a monster season. He will win the MVP by a huge margin, and deservedly so. I'll go so far as to say Chris Paul should be second with Durant third. But I respect that you'll go down swinging on this one.
    This.

Anyone who thinks Kevin Durant had a better season than LaBron is a buffoon and should be castrated. That means you, Jibberjab.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-07 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Mod Edit

Wow... you made a new account name just to insult another forum poster? I doubt anyone here is going to respect you, or your opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Wow... you made a new account name just to insult another forum poster? I doubt anyone here is going to respect you, or your opinion.
    disregard and move on.