well, it was a fun season guys.. see ya next week for the draft

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I have ever seen a game go from close to absolutely over in the course of three minutes, but that is exactly what just happened. This game went from about 10 points to 26 in a blink of an eye.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    well, it was a fun season guys.. see ya next week for the draft
    Can't wait! If the Pistons draft Drummond I am going to get drunk, belligerent, and this thread is going to get ugly.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:08 PM ----------

Love LeBron telling Chalmers to calm down and stop celebrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heat are bordering on 100 points....in the THIRD quarter. This is so over, they could literally lay down for the Thunder and still win.

15+ Year Old Account
    At 6:46 it was a 9 point game. Less than 5 minutes later it was 25.

Mike Motherfucking Miller. He must have went to Germany between games and got the Kobe bloodspinning treatment applied to his entire body instead of just his knees. Seven threes. SEVEN!

LeBron stop taking hero ball threes and pass the damn ball to Mike Miller!
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-22 at 03:16 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was the heat and they win tonight which looks like there going to I would so trade Wade. It makes since for one he will be 31 next year, two he will be coming off a championship year and be worth more then he was 1 1/2 week ago and three you can build around Bosh and Lebron more then you could the other combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    At 6:46 it was a 9 point game. Less than 5 minutes later it was 25.
    look on the bright side, if you don't care to see the celebration, you can hit the sack early

g'night

they should be embarassed how bad their defense is. Feels like Mike Miller is gonna set a record for Finals NBA 3s if he hasnt already. Anyways grats Miami Heat you absolutely smoked the Thunder. Feels dirty to me since the Bulls didnt even get their shot but oh well nothing the Heat can do about that. Lebron finally played solid in a Finals so props for answering the call this year. I still hate him.

Go Bulls Go Mavs 2013!

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 03:21 AM ----------

Ive decided to look at the bright side of this years Finals. Instead of being depressed of the Heat winning Im going to mostly take joy in the Thunder players I hate losing. Screw you Fischer, Perkins, Ibaka, and Westbrook. Gotta feel for Durant though.

Although I always get sad at this time of year since all Im left with is... Baseball NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-06-22 at 03:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    they should be embarassed how bad their defense is. Feels like Mike Miller is gonna set a record for Finals NBA 3s if he hasnt already. Anyways grats Miami Heat you absolutely smoked the Thunder. Feels dirty to me since the Bulls didnt even get their shot but oh well nothing the Heat can do about that. Lebron finally played solid in a Finals so props for answering the call this year. I still hate him.

Go Bulls Go Mavs 2013!
    He is 1 short of Ray Allen's record of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Screw you Fischer, Perkins, Ibaka, and Westbrook. Gotta feel for Durant though.
    Why do you hate those, especially Fisher? I can't think of anything to hate him about, but, again, I'm a Laker / Kobe fan, so...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Why do you hate those, especially Fisher? I can't think of anything to hate him about, but, again, I'm a Laker / Kobe fan, so...
    Fischer has been pretty good tonight and all series really. Westbrook is four of TWENTY so I could see being mad at him tonight lol.

I hope LeBron earned some credit with folks tonight. Dominated all playoffs. Showed up in every single playoff game especially again tonight with a huge triple double. When the game was effectively over he did zero celebrating and yelled at his one teammate who was showboating. Probably not though and people will continue to hold an event with the Heat fans against him.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:38 PM ----------

This has been an incredibly entertaining Finals. Looking forward to the rematch next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no, no Lebron didn't finish the game! He has earned nothing! He still can't finish!

Sorry about that. Just getting it out there because idiots are still going to spout that shit. I will say this though. I have no different opinion of Lebron now than I did, say, a year ago. A ring means nothing to me if you were already a consistently good player, and multiple MVP awards. But I don't know if we're ready to start that discussion yet.

Fischer has been pretty good tonight and all series really. Westbrook is four of TWENTY so I could see being mad at him tonight lol.

I hope LeBron earned some credit with folks tonight. Dominated all playoffs. Showed up in every single playoff game especially again tonight with a huge triple double. When the game was effectively over he did zero celebrating and yelled at his one teammate who was showboating. Probably not though and people will continue to hold an event with the Heat fans against him.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:38 PM ----------

This has been an incredibly entertaining Finals. Looking forward to the rematch next season.
    In regards to Jibjabb, I thought the remark was overall, not today's and/or series's performances.

I give him credit for showing up, but I don't think it eliminates all of the criticisms he has. It should, at the very least, eliminate some / most, however. Even as a "hater", I do think most of it is overblown out of proportion.

Perhaps it's because I have been rooting for the Thunder, but I didn't think it has been too exciting. Sure, the games (except tonight's) have been close, but they really haven't been decided by a near final shot (other than game...three? (Durant's miss)). Games decided by turnovers / fouls / freethrows....meh. Perhaps it's just me losing interest in basketball.

Part of me wonders what this series would look like if either the Spurs were the Heat's opponent, and/or what would happen if the Heat coasted into the Finals. I honestly think that the Heat would have lost the series if either of those happened, but again, I'm rooting against the Heat, so perhaps it's just my bias.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Part of me wonders what this series would look like if either the Spurs were the Heat's opponent, and/or what would happen if the Heat coasted into the Finals. I honestly think that the Heat would have lost the series if either of those happened, but again, I'm rooting against the Heat, so perhaps it's just my bias.
    It isn't just your bias. I think the Spurs would have beat them too. Assuming the wheels would have stayed on the Spurs' bus, I really think their experience would have been a huge benefit plus their interior bigs produce offensively which is probably Miami's weakest spot.

Anyone else looking forward to LeBron worship circle jerk?
    I don't think anyone is.

Oh mai gewd! Lebron drived he team teh victery. Leborn is teh king!

Grats lebron on your first ring. Still should get rid of the "king" nickname til you deserve it though :P

Wrong team made the finals from the west, OKC are trash and got exposed. Spurs should have won, I think the "popovich is amazing and awesome for disciplining parker" went to there heads. Okc looked like flat out garbage, as I predicted in this series (even though people said they might sweep after game one rofl)

Lebron had one of the best postseasons I have seen, if you forget about the pacers series basically. Not sure why people think we should stop criticizing him for being an arrogant buffoon just because he has one ring. You guys know that Trent Dilfer won a super bowl right? :P

4/20 westbrook, good showing. How about that Harden, only a -17 with him on the floor, top five player in the nba for sure!

Blaming it on the coach is a pathetic excuse, saying "wwhhahhaahahahah the heat bench is so bad lebron is dragged down by them!" then seeing there bench MASSIVELY outperform OKC, and it switches to "Well the bench does not really matter of course!"

Trade Harden and westbrook for a real pointguard like rondo+something else. Westbrook is trash and his team is dragged down by him, period. One good game in the finals does not a superstar make.

Wish the spurs would have made it, at least it would have been a real series then. OKC got clowned.

I could just be pissed because its the first game I lost money on in the finals though :P I thought OKC could actually win one with there entire season's respect on the line, instead they went out like clowns..unemployed clowns with frowns on.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 10:58 PM ----------

Mike miller 7/8 on threes, lebron carried again (just kidding) but seriously, what a BALLSY performance by miller. Crazy. Never saw that coming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Anyone else looking forward to LeBron worship circle jerk?
    I don't think anyone is.

Oh mai gewd! Lebron drived he team teh victery. Leborn is teh king!
    Better than the LeBron hate circle jerk imo lol

"@sportsguy33 The strike shortened season messed up his timing, he forgot when it was his time to choke"

Oh god. that is hilarious.

Also, * title due to rose injury imo! (Sour grapes!:P)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Grats lebron on your first ring. Still should get rid of the "king" nickname til you deserve it though :P
    Henrik Lundqvist's nickname in the NHL is King Henrik. He has zero cup wins, zero Cup games even played, and just now won his first award for best goalie in the NHL (although he deserved it earlier). Nicknames are stupid and who cares about them. No one thinks Jason Terry is an airplane.

Better than the LeBron hate circle jerk imo lol

I love circle jerks, they really get a bad name. I am not going to watch espn for the next week at least though, I know lebron finally came through, I don't need it rubbed in my face :P

But seriously? Still 1-2 in finals. So much for not four not five not six not seven...and its going to be easy!

Though this series was easy as fuck. OKC is pure clownage. They should all be ashamed and disband that team. Seriously they are flat out awful, how they even got to the WCF, let alone win, makes me think someone poisoned half the spurs team before the series got to OKC.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:02 PM ----------

Henrik Lundqvist's nickname in the NHL is King Henrik. He has zero cup wins, zero Cup games even played, and just now won his first award for best goalie in the NHL (although he deserved it earlier). Nicknames are stupid and who cares about them. No one thinks Jason Terry is an airplane.

Then his nickname is stupid to.

However, lebron has been calling HIMSELF king since he was like 16. You don't give YOURSELF a nickname like King. Period.

15+ Year Old Account
    "@sportsguy33 The strike shortened season messed up his timing, he forgot when it was his time to choke"

Oh god. that is hilarious.

Also, * title due to rose injury imo! (Sour grapes!:P)
    <3 Bill Simmons. Chicago still had zero scorers and the same team Miami dominated the year before. Damn shame they didn't get to play though.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 12:05 AM ----------

However, lebron has been calling HIMSELF king since he was like 16. You don't give YOURSELF a nickname like King. Period.
    Better than sticking with the Chosen One moniker that Sports Illustrated tried to stick on him in high school lol.