Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Though this series was easy as fuck. OKC is pure clownage. They should all be ashamed and disband that team. Seriously they are flat out awful, how they even got to the WCF, let alone win, makes me think someone poisoned half the spurs team before the series got to OKC.
    OKC are trash and got exposed.

I thought OKC could actually win one with there entire season's respect on the line, instead they went out like clowns..unemployed clowns with frowns on.
    We get it, they lost and you're angry / whatever. They are by no means "trash", "clowns", etc. You do realize they made it to the Finals, right? I guess it was a fluke, since they're so horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    I almost wish OKC would have won because they all would have been wearing fake glasses while out here celebrating.

Though this series was easy as fuck. OKC is pure clownage. They should all be ashamed and disband that team. Seriously they are flat out awful, how they even got to the WCF, let alone win, makes me think someone poisoned half the spurs team before the series got to OKC.
    I have no doubt that the Heat deserved to win it (and I'm an OKC fan), Lebron James was on a different level. But if you seriously can't see that OKC is a fantastic young team that's going to be competing deep into the playoffs for years in the future then I'm not even going to get into an argument about it. "Clown" teams definitely beat a team who hadn't lost in 20 games 4 times in a row ALL the time.

It's not the reason they lost, but just think if the blatant foul on Lebron had been called at the end of the game 2 this series could be totally different. OKC are a fantastic team that just ran into Lebron James playing the best basketball of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I almost wish OKC would have won because they all would have been wearing fake glasses while out here celebrating.
    God...I can't recall a single "normal" / not crazy outfit Westbrook wore in a postseason interview. Please don't tell me this is what NBA players are going to be wearing from now on. /shudder

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    We get it, they lost and you're angry / whatever. They are by no means "trash", "clowns", etc. You do realize they made it to the Finals, right? I guess it was a fluke, since they're so horrible.

It was a damn fluke that they made it there. They should disband the team and sell the contracts to teams that matter. They are flat out clowns. Did you see how shit they were in this series? there "superstar" that people thought was more valuable then lebron james was flat garbage in 4/5 of the games, russel westbrook is as much of a point guard as tim duncan is, harden is the most (BY FAR) overrated player in the league. I cannot even name anyone else on there team off the top of my head, they are a bunch of nobodies that overachieved.

Not that overachieving is bad, but it is bad when you stop overachieving in the finals. To bad the west is so shit lately, or the west would have sent a legit team to the finals.

My favorite alternate reality is one where memphis took its head out of its ass and played like they can.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by queggz View Post
    I have no doubt that the Heat deserved to win it (and I'm an OKC fan), Lebron James was on a different level. But if you seriously can't see that OKC is a fantastic young team that's going to be competing deep into the playoffs for years in the future then I'm not even going to get into an argument about it. "Clown" teams definitely beat a team who hadn't lost in 20 games 4 times in a row ALL the time.

It's not the reason they lost, but just think if the blatant foul on Lebron had been called at the end of the game 2 this series could be totally different. OKC are a fantastic team that just ran into Lebron James playing the best basketball of his career.
    OKC is the most overrated team in the league, and any sport, by far. THey have two of the most overrated players in the league (Westbrook and Harden) and it showed in the finals.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:12 PM ----------

And you can try to say I am wrong, and that I am just mad that they lost (Not like I am a fan of them anyway) but guess what? Before this series even STARTED I picked the heat in six, and easily in six. I was wrong, I overestimated OKC. I made 375 dollars in the end on the finals, by betting on the nonclown team.

-snip-
    Wow. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion, but...you're taking it to an extreme level. You're saying they should be broken up...and they reached the finals. As a young team. I can't even begin to articulate my feelings toward this sentiment. Your line of thinking is ridiculous at best. "Most overrated team in sports, by far.", among other quotes. I sincerely hope you're posting this in the heat (har har, I made a pun) of the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    That post that Twiddly just made, ya that is going to be me on Thursday if the Pistons draft Andre Drummond.

@ Twiddly: OKC is still great. If this is a play off the over reaction from Miami losing last year, just fantastic. If not, well they will still be great again next year, but frankly I wouldn't blink at trading Harden if they got someone to give them a very high first round pick. They are going to lose him or Ibaka after next season and I'd rather have Ibaka one of the most impactful bigs in the league than Harden. Either get a legit PG in the draft and play Westbrook at the 2 where he belongs or draft another scorer who will be there for more than one year.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-22 at 04:21 AM.

Wow. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion, but...you're taking it to an extreme level. You're saying they should be broken up...and they reached the finals. As a young team. I can't even begin to articulate my feelings toward this sentiment. Your line of thinking is ridiculous at best. "Most overrated team in sports, by far.", among other quotes. I sincerely hope you're posting this in the heat (har har, I made a pun) of the moment.
    Nope. I said before the finals that the heat were going to obliterate them, as OKC are a pack of clowns and incredibly over-rated. Guess I was right, and my bank account is happy because of it

People think I am saying all that in anger? Nope. I am actually quite happy that the heat won as I betted on, though I wish OKC could have overachieved for one more game as I picked them to win tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    People were saying the same thing about the Heat last year. Whoopty doo. The Thunder are an extremely young team, give them time.

I highly doubt the Heat could have pulled this off against the Spurs, but I digress.

I'm just glad Harden was exposed for his flopping and absolutely fucking TERRIBLE play. Most overrated player in the West right now. Westbrook is close. KD, however, is still extremely solid & at 23, he has plenty of time left. Collison is also another fucking standout player. But Perkins....Perkins needs to FUCKING GO. He is absolutely useless. When he was fooled by Bosh and just stood there, I wanted to vomit.

I knew Thunder wouldn't stand a chance. The 4 games against the Spurs, they were hitting incredibly high % of FGs and that sort of thing just isn't consistent enough to carry.

Glad to see LeBron finally get a ring, even if it is marred by an asterisk...I kid, I kid. I was happy to finally see him happy, after all of the shit he gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    People were saying the same thing about the Heat last year. Whoopty doo. The Thunder are an extremely young team, give them time.

I highly doubt the Heat could have pulled this off against the Spurs, but I digress.

I'm just glad Harden was exposed for his flopping and absolutely fucking TERRIBLE play. Most overrated player in the West right now. Westbrook is close. KD, however, is still extremely solid & at 23, he has plenty of time left. Collison is also another fucking standout player. But Perkins....Perkins needs to FUCKING GO. He is absolutely useless. When he was fooled by Bosh and just stood there, I wanted to vomit.

I knew Thunder wouldn't stand a chance. The 4 games against the Spurs, they were hitting incredibly high % of FGs and that sort of thing just isn't consistent enough to carry.

Glad to see LeBron finally get a ring, even if it is marred by an asterisk...I kid, I kid. I was happy to finally see him happy, after all of the shit he gets.
    lol, spurs got whipped by what, 20 by miami THIS SEASON even though wade was hurt? think ginobli was out too but not sure he's ever been on wade's level anyway so still, bonus spurs

and they came out strong, up by a chunk at halftime, even drained the 3 at the buzzer, then got completely blown up in the 2nd half

only a moron would think the heat's road to the championship that went through 4 top 10 defenses would be impeded by the 17th ranked d in the league.

spurs were lucky they played in the defense-free west. OKC was one of the best the west had to offer on that side of the ball and they got slapped around by the heat.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:38 PM ----------

and for the record, the thunder are a collection of one way players. only westbrook is above average at both ends, EVERYONE else is below the curve on one side or the other.

and the stupidity is gonna run westbrook and harden off. they get blamed for everything while "i play one end of the court" durant gets all the credit. no way this team stays together. that "fun, carefree life" is officially over now, they're now the new targets. it's a championship or bust and guess what, heat aren't going anywhere. spurs are gonna be around a while and can't get much worse on defense but were good enough to be in the WCF, grizzlies are too scrappy to ignore, denver is young and the most underrated team in the league, etc

it's gonna be harder to get back for the thunder than it was this year. heat had targets on them all year, got everyone's A game and they won it all anyway. it doesn't get tougher than that. meanwhile, their road to the finals is gonna be easier next year. boston is gonna get blown up and will be good, but not great. bulls are banged up for at least another year, pacers are the new hawks of the 2000s, good enough to beat you but not good enough to do it 4 times in a series, ATL is on the slide, 76ers are a great defense with a horrible offense, etc

heat are in the driver's seat for at least 2-3 more years

In regards to Jibjabb, I thought the remark was overall, not today's and/or series's performances.

I give him credit for showing up, but I don't think it eliminates all of the criticisms he has. It should, at the very least, eliminate some / most, however. Even as a "hater", I do think most of it is overblown out of proportion.
    Oh for sure the only criticism he removed was the "Ringless King" comment and the fact he showed up in the Finals this time. Everything else people criticize about him is still valid. He's still not a closer/"clutch" player. He is still an average shooter at best. He still acts the way Lebron James acts and cant take back the past acts of why people hate him for reasons other than how he plays. But I have no problem giving him some credit for winning even if I feel it was the easy way out teaming up with 2 other all stars. I wont give him as much credit as ESPN does however since we all know it will Lebron is the 2nd best player all time talk and other nonsense.
    Why do you hate those, especially Fisher? I can't think of anything to hate him about, but, again, I'm a Laker / Kobe fan, so...
    I hate all of them because of how they act on the court (Westbrook actually makes me laugh off the court cuz he looks like an idiot). Your question is for Fischer specifically, ok. I hate how he gets the credit for being this great winner when he was riding the coat tails of 2 of the greatest players of all time. I hate how after he hits the shot against the Spurs he just runs off the court screaming like a girl. I hate how he told Utah he wanted out so he can retire, then resigns with the Lakers the next year. But mostly I hate that smug look he gets on his face whenever he does anything at all. He sucks and gets too much credit for playing on good teams with great players.

Ibaka: Complete punk, throws bows and gives cheap shots to people (watch how he plays Dirk for example) and gives the finger wave which is just rude
    Perkins: Ultimate fake tough guy, acts like hes hard shit on the court and hes not at all. Will blatantly foul someone and cry at the refs when they call it every single time. He's way too arrogant for a guy who is a borderline NBA starter.
    Westbrook: Same reason I hate Lebron, anytime he does something he screams at the crowd and beats his chest like a jackass. Lebron does a lot more than that which is why I hate him more.
    It was a damn fluke that they made it there. They should disband the team and sell the contracts to teams that matter. They are flat out clowns. Did you see how shit they were in this series? there "superstar" that people thought was more valuable then lebron james was flat garbage in 4/5 of the games, russel westbrook is as much of a point guard as tim duncan is, harden is the most (BY FAR) overrated player in the league. I cannot even name anyone else on there team off the top of my head, they are a bunch of nobodies that overachieved.
    Did you seriously say Durant was garbage this series? He actually played pretty damn well he averaged over 30 pts per game if Im not mistaken and shot over 50% from the field, he didnt pull a Kobe jacking up shots to get points. He was fairly dominant just wasnt enough to win. Rip Harden and even Westbrook to some extent. Id leave Durant alone though

The Spurs and Bulls were consistently the best 2 teams all year long in the regular season. Rose getting injured knocked them out and Thunder getting unbelievably hot knocked out the Spurs. It was a shame the Heat didnt get to play either of them as they imo were the best 2 teams to beat them. Thunder still shouldve if they played that way against SA and they didnt even come close to that. Its surprising Boston gave Miami more trouble than OKC did. Just think if Miami loses that game 2 vs Boston how different we would look at this Miami team.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-06-22 at 04:47 AM.

I'm quite pleased. I thought Miami would come out on a mission tonight, and this team was unbelievable. They could beat any team in the league playing as well as they did. LBJ has been at it since, what, game four of the Indiana series. Wade looked 5 years younger. Battier and Bosh were huge. Chalmers looked great. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Miller gone next year, I just don't think his body can handle another full season. If that's the case, what a way to go.

Great year from OKC though. I'd still let some shitty GM overpay you for James Harden, and try to turn him into a starter. Have to wait til the trade deadline next year though, his stock is too low right now. This was their first finals as a group. KD played well, everyone else was wildly inconsistent. Except for Harden who was terrible.

Did you guys see James at the end of the game? He looked like a little kid. Pure joy. A friggin 200 pound weight just came off his back. Guy gets dumped on a lot, and much of it is totally unjustified. Happy for him. Also good to see guys like Battier, Miller, and old man Juwan Howard finally get rings.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Did you guys see James at the end of the game? He looked like a little kid. Pure joy. A friggin 200 pound weight just came off his back. Guy gets dumped on a lot, and much of it is totally unjustified. Happy for him. Also good to see guys like Battier, Miller, and old man Juwan Howard finally get rings.
    I changed the channel. I just ate and didnt want to throw it all up.

Yeah yeah I'll read through your points later, you guys and your arguing.

Fucking Spurs wouldn't have lost that shit...

Whatever, congrats to them.

The Spurs would have given Miami more trouble because their bigs are better offensively. They wore down against OKC though, and Miami is just as athletic. They're also fairly mediocre defensively. I was scared shitless of the Spurs when they looked invincible and were rolling everyone they played. One loss and their time machine fell apart though. Even if they salvaged that series and won it in 6 or 7, they weren't the same team anymore.

As for the Bulls, I think it was Conscript that said it earlier. This is the same team Miami beat last year. They have no options when you can shut down Rose. They just don't have the offense to run with Miami for a full series. Not this season.

Deleted

Not that overachieving is bad, but it is bad when you stop overachieving in the finals. To bad the west is so shit lately, or the west would have sent a legit team to the finals.

My favorite alternate reality is one where memphis took its head out of its ass and played like they can.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:11 PM ----------

OKC is the most overrated team in the league, and any sport, by far. THey have two of the most overrated players in the league (Westbrook and Harden) and it showed in the finals.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 11:12 PM ----------

And you can try to say I am wrong, and that I am just mad that they lost (Not like I am a fan of them anyway) but guess what? Before this series even STARTED I picked the heat in six, and easily in six. I was wrong, I overestimated OKC. I made 375 dollars in the end on the finals, by betting on the nonclown team.
    lol. im not even a Huge NBA or US SPorts Fan anyway cuz of the god damn 5min breaks every 2mins. But this is just plain stupid... OKC is a young Team and guess what ? inexperienced as hell. Miami on the other Side should be the Team where you wonder how they made it this far. But in the Finals they showed what they learned from last Year. Thats it so please troll elsewhere

15+ Year Old Account
    So grats Lebron. I mean.. this is what he wanted so we're all supposed to be happy right?

[SIZE=1]Super secret message: Fuzzzie doesn't care!! lololollollollolooololloloolol[/SIZE]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    So grats Lebron. I mean.. this is what he wanted so we're all supposed to be happy right?

[SIZE=1]Super secret message: Fuzzzie doesn't care!! lololollollollolooololloloolol[/SIZE]
    I'm just glad Lebron finally got his ring so all the haters can stop hating to be blunt about it.

As for the guy saying Lebron is just like Westbrook. Are we talking about the same guys? Or did you not see Lebron telling Chalmers to zip it when he was show boating?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    The Spurs would have given Miami more trouble because their bigs are better offensively. They wore down against OKC though, and Miami is just as athletic. They're also fairly mediocre defensively. I was scared shitless of the Spurs when they looked invincible and were rolling everyone they played. One loss and their time machine fell apart though. Even if they salvaged that series and won it in 6 or 7, they weren't the same team anymore.

As for the Bulls, I think it was Conscript that said it earlier. This is the same team Miami beat last year. They have no options when you can shut down Rose. They just don't have the offense to run with Miami for a full series. Not this season.
    bosh had 30 against the spurs earlier this season. the spurs were the WORST DEFENSE IN THE PLAYOFFS. the western conference is just soft

spurs are slow, can't do anything to miami they hadn't seen before and are lucky they ran into the clippers and spurs 10 times in that 20 game win streak

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah yeah I'll read through your points later, you guys and your arguing.

Fucking Spurs wouldn't have lost that shit...

Whatever, congrats to them.
    they lost 4 in a row to OKC. they couldn't even get to that shit. WORST DEFENSE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    bulls are banged up for at least another year,
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    heat are in the driver's seat for at least 2-3 more years
    Let's not forget this is also the same heat team that lost to Dallas last year. Teams can challenge and beat Miami. I personally didn't think OKC was the right team to challenge them as shown. Bulls split their series with the heat this year, however, both the Bulls wins came without Derrick (played for about 2 mins in one of them, injured in the other). Bulls would have had the best shot to take down the heat this year if they could have stayed healthy. If Derrick can return by next postseason then Miami isn't in the driver's seat for the next few years.