Trailblazers have offered a $14 million contract to Hibbert.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well scratch off Asik potentially returning to Chicago. Signs with Houston three years $25.1 million. Well, they could still match that, so he isn't gone from Chicago for sure.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-02 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    What would be the point of amnesty Boozer. Who would you expect to get thats better?
    What exactly does Boozer bring to the table? Could Chicago not find another slow, average defending, poor jump shooter with no post game and average rebounding for his size? I just don't see the skill set that makes me think they should be concerned with keeping him around.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    What exactly does Boozer bring to the table? Could Chicago not find another slow, average defending, poor jump shooter with no post game and average rebounding for his size? I just don't see the skill set that makes me think they should be concerned with keeping him around.
    You're more than correct. The Bulls have to use their amnesty on someone, and Boozer is the most logical choice in my opinion, and they need to get some strength down low with Asik leaving now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Boozer, just with his contract. If they could cut ties right now and lose his entire contract I think they do it in a heartbeat, but because he is a slow, average defender with a poor jump shot, no post game, and only an average rebounder teams aren't going to pick up any significant part of his contract in an amnesty auction and Chicago would basically be paying him to play elsewhere. If the owner wanted to do that they would just exceed the tax and keep Boozer who is still of some use since it would be essentially the same amount of money being shelled out as if they were to amnesty and then replace him.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 12:45 PM ----------

Team USA is going to have to play small ball at the Olympics lol. Howard's hurt, Bosh is hurt, now Anthony Davis is out with a severely sprained ankle.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 02:46 PM ----------

Pistons signed some Ukranian big man I'm sure won't be worth their time to even talk to. They are also apparently looking to sign Beasley. Exactly what the Pistons need, another underperforming SF! It isn't like the Pistons have Tayshaun Prince, Corey Maggette, and Jonas Jerebko already who are essentially three spot players. Why not add a fourth, amirite? They also have Austin Daye who plays the 3.

I hate the Pistons or more accurately Joe Dumars. What the hell is he doing? Here is their rough depth chart.
    PG: Brandon Knight, Will Bynum
    SG: Rodney Stuckey, Kim English
    SF: Tayshaun Prince, Jonas Jerebko, Corey Maggette, Austin Daye
    PF: Greg Monroe, Charlie Villenueva, Jason Maxiell, Jonas Jerebko
    C: Andre Drummond, Greg Monroe, probably awful Ukranian guy

I fucking hate this team. I really do. There are just too many guys and few of them good enough. Adding in Beasley seems pointless considering the Pistons are already four deep at his spot. He doesn't defend. He doesn't rebound. He is a tweener at the 3/4 without the size to play the 4 or the quickness to play the three. He shoots too much. He is Charlie Villanueva but his name is Mike.

Oh ya and technically the Pistons will be at the max roster size anyways after signing their draft picks, assuming they do, so they would have to move someone to even bring in Beasley. I love the Pistons plan of 0 depth at PG, 0 depth at C, legit PF, the other 12 guys on the team are tweeners they can play at the 2-4 spots. Success! Here we go mid lottery, here we go.

Edit 2ish: Oh ya, and they are expected to sign Kyle Singler to come over from Europe this year so throw in tweener #13!
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-02 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Boozer, just with his contract. If they could cut ties right now and lose his entire contract I think they do it in a heartbeat, but because he is a slow, average defender with a poor jump shot, no post game, and only an average rebounder teams aren't going to pick up any significant part of his contract in an amnesty auction and Chicago would basically be paying him to play elsewhere. If the owner wanted to do that they would just exceed the tax and keep Boozer who is still of some use since it would be essentially the same amount of money being shelled out as if they were to amnesty and then replace him.
    That's fair enough. I guess his buyout would be exorbitant too. Just seems to me if they best play for Chicago's future is to tank this year and rebuild around Rose when he comes back, keeping Boozer on the books runs counter to that. Though maybe he's a good locker room guy, I don't know.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hawks and Nets have reached an agreement to send Joe Johnson to the Nets in exchange for a whole pile of nothing contingent on Williams resigning in Brooklyn. Howard to the Nets is officially off the table. Grats on reupping for a year Dwight and blowing your chance to play in Brooklyn where you wanted to. Idiot. Hawks are getting a bundle of expiring contracts and a first round pick. No Marshawn Brooks, no Lopez, no Green. That is how bad the Johnson contract is lol. Expirings probably include Petro, Farmar, and Morrow. The first round pick is Houston's 2013 protected pick.

Nets apparently meeting with Williams now to tell him about the deal. League sources say it will happen with or without Deron.

Williams, Brooks, Johnson, Wallace, Lopez isn't a horrible starting five. I mean it isn't good, but it is a whole lot better looking than what they could have ended up with. Wallace is going to have to scoop up every board for that team though because Lopez and Johnson are awful rebounders.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-02 at 09:33 PM.

I don't understand what the Nets are doing. I could understand them giving up on trading for Dwight, and just wait til next year for him to sign as a free agent... but Joe Johnson, D-Williams and Gerald Wallace would put them at $50, so they wouldn't be able sign Dwight next summer.

So essentially, D-Williams will not be playing with Dwight period.

I just don't understand. Gerald Wallace for 1st round pick, and now taking Joe Johnson... these seem like such dumb moves that I would think it pushes D-Williams to Dallas.

That's fair enough. I guess his buyout would be exorbitant too. Just seems to me if they best play for Chicago's future is to tank this year and rebuild around Rose when he comes back, keeping Boozer on the books runs counter to that. Though maybe he's a good locker room guy, I don't know.
    I was basically saying cutting him essentially just to get him off the team is pointless unless you bring something back in return. Doing it this year to get guys like Korver and Brewer locked up for years could be counterproductive as you may not want long term contracts for them, I doubt they do 1 year deals. Or doing it just to say hes gone to have a worse NBA season would be eating his contract for no real reason.

What I was proposing was waiting a year, get a healthy D-Rose back, see what you still have on your roster then cut Boozer so you can make a big splash in the next free agency with all that money freed up, also able to keep Taj Gibson around. I wouldnt resign Omer, a 8 mil year contract for his caliber player is just stupid to me. Hes not that good, maybe he will be some day but I havent seen it in my years watching him. Hes so slow and offensively challenged I dont see it changing drastically enough to warrant that price tag.

I'm calling Nets tomorrow morning to inquire about partial plans for them.

But what the fuck... conscript made it seem like the Nets are gonna be good. Windry is criticizing them.

honestly Dwight would be good, I don't see Joe Johnson helping the team as much as a good center, but....

Edit: Uhm....Barclays Center (Nets) don't have any parking. 22 mins from my house is nice, but they told me to take public transportation. And for that hassle I may as well just go on the train the Madison square garden for Knicks...
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2012-07-03 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I don't understand what the Nets are doing. I could understand them giving up on trading for Dwight, and just wait til next year for him to sign as a free agent... but Joe Johnson, D-Williams and Gerald Wallace would put them at $50, so they wouldn't be able sign Dwight next summer.

So essentially, D-Williams will not be playing with Dwight period.

I just don't understand. Gerald Wallace for 1st round pick, and now taking Joe Johnson... these seem like such dumb moves that I would think it pushes D-Williams to Dallas.
    Maybe a sign and trade involving Wallace, Lopez and someone else for Dwight? I see no other reason to sign Wallace to such a big deal unless you're trying to hamfist in salaries that match up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm calling Nets tomorrow morning to inquire about partial plans for them.

But what the fuck... conscript made it seem like the Nets are gonna be good. Windry is criticizing them.

honestly Dwight would be good, I don't see Joe Johnson helping the team as much as a good center, but....

Edit: Uhm....Barclays Center (Nets) don't have any parking. 22 mins from my house is nice, but they told me to take public transportation. And for that hassle I may as well just go on the train the Madison square garden for Knicks...
    Oh I don't think they will be good. Their starting 5 is potentially okay. They have literally no bench though. Absolutely nothing behind any of those guys. I think they actually have 6 guys on their roster after that trade lol.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Maybe a sign and trade involving Wallace, Lopez and someone else for Dwight? I see no other reason to sign Wallace to such a big deal unless you're trying to hamfist in salaries that match up.
    Magic are out on the Nets. Won't even talk to them lol. The Nets are no longer interested in Dwight and according to high level sources in the franchise, Dwight "blew his chances" to join the Nets when he signed that tender.

Unless I missed another recent Nets signing, their ENTIRE team right now is Brooks Lopez, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams (if he signs), Marshawn Brooks, and Gerald Wallace.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    No one in the world understands the renting of Wallace for a first round pick when they could have just signed him this offseason. That was pure dumb. The Nets have gotten better for sure with these moves which could entice Williams to stay. They are a long, long way from done though so who knows what this team looks like.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-03 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Magic are out on the Nets. Won't even talk to them lol. The Nets are no longer interested in Dwight and according to high level sources in the franchise, Dwight "blew his chances" to join the Nets when he signed that tender.
    Well, on that note, Atlanta actually just freed up enough cap space to sign both Howard and Paul next summer if they wanted to. Obviously, max deal talks with Clippers would have to fall apart, and Dwight would have to actually consider Atlanta as a serious destination, but they've done a better job than the Nets so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Nets apparently aren't out on Dwight. They have or are going to offer the Magic Brooks Lopez, Marshawn Brooks, Kris Humphries, and 1st round picks from 2013, 2015, and 2017. I am speechless over how fucking stupid that trade is. If you're the Magic how quick do you accept that trade? It is basically the pick package Houston was offering but spread out plus a legit NBA Center who can't rebound, a PF who is a phenomenal rebounder, and a pretty good and really young guard.

Edit: I was wrong about who the Nets have under contract in my post yesterday. Barring the agreements they can't sign until July 11th, they have literally two players, Marshawn Brooks and Joe Johnson. If the deal goes through for Howard that will remove the offers for Lopez and Hump along with current employee Brooks leaving them with Joe Johnson and Dwight Howard under contract.
    Joe Johnson: $19.7 million
    Dwight Howard: $19.26 million
    Gerald Wallce: $10 million
    Deron Williams: $15-19 million

That is right around $68 million for four guys. They still need to sign ELEVEN more with two million prior to luxury tax and then minimum salaries like crazy. If they pull this off, that team is fucking amazing. Going from potentially having Marshawn Brooks as your best player going into Brooklyn to having arguably the second best team in the NBA and possibly the best starting five in two days would be purely nuts. Get those season tickets BlueObelisk quick.

Apparently the Magic want a third team involved to take Hump. That probably won't be too difficult. He is a pretty great rebounder which is certainly a worthwhile asset to have for someone.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-03 at 01:04 PM.

HAHAHAHA LOL conscript. That's so ironic because I just got an email:

Hi Tariq,

I came across your ticket inquiry for the Knicks upcoming season. I would be happy to discuss where we are at with regard to season tickets and how to go about getting on the waitlist. Give me a call at your convenience to discuss further.

Best,

Scott Winter| MSG Sports
    Sales Representative
    Yeahhhh. The thing is I also asked them about Madison Club, which is, you know...The club. I then realized I'm not baller enough to afford those prices of like, $200,000 for season tickets. It'd be embarrassing to call him and him be like "our cheapest prices are $100, 000 per seat for the season" and me being like "oh...You ain't got no $10 seats man?"

But hehehe conscript.

In other news, this article I read on my phone said the Mavs are in bad shape if they can't get Deron or Dwight. Let's hope they can't. *wink*

15+ Year Old Account
    The Heat owner expects that the team lost money again this season. Despite selling out every game, playing the entire playoffs, and winning the title, the Heat will end up losing money lol. They only spend $7 million into the tax so total salary and tax is $72 million. They don't pay rent to play in their arena. Miami is such a horrible market they only make about $20 million in tv contract money. $20 million... The Lakers make over $100 million. The Wolves make more TV money than that. They also charge way, way less than the Lakers, Knicks, etc. for tickets.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 09:33 AM ----------

In other news, this article I read on my phone said the Mavs are in bad shape if they can't get Deron or Dwight. Let's hope they can't. *wink*
    Ya that team is in pretty brutal shape without adding Williams or Howard. With no other tradable assets or significant free agents it looks like they are going to have to be big players in the 2013 market. Go go Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, etc. to Dallas rumors.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 10:00 AM ----------

Apparently the Magic don't like that Nets deal and don't think they have the ability to improve it. At this point I think they are just trying to spite Howard and hold out for something comparable from another team. If so, good for them.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 12:02 PM ----------

Lolz. Phoenix traded Goran Dragic last year along with a first round pick for Aaron Brooks. Now they are trying to bring Dragic back for $8-9 million according to Woj.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 01:30 PM ----------

The Rap offered Landry Fields a three year deal. The third year reportedly spikes in salary to close to $20 million. I love poison pill RFA offer sheets, but that is dumb. The Raptors already have a legit two-guard, DeRozan. They just drafted another legit two-guard with a top 10 pick in the draft. Now they offer sheet another one?

According to Mark Stein the Raptors made that offer for one reason, to absolutely fuck the Knicks out of the Nash deal. They can't do a sign and trade now with Landry if they match that deal. If they don't match it they lose him anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 03:14 PM ----------

JET signed with the Celtics for three years at their MLE.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:04 PM ----------

The Nets are finalizing a sign and trade for Reggie Evans with the Clippers. Can't wait to find out who they traded for him considering they have two players on their team and just offered basically all their sign and trade guys and all their first round picks to ORL.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 04:12 PM ----------

Nets give up a "distant" future 2nd round pick. Evans takes their $3 million trade exception slot.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-07-03 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript
    JET signed with the Celtics for three years at their MLE.
    That's good, because Ray Allen is meeting Heat and Clippers.

If he ends up on Clippers with Paul and Blake, ogm.

so, i wonder which jersey Spike Lee is gonna wear now that his boy Fields is gone?
    good riddance.. he can be streaky for some other team

Raptor fans, i hope Nash shits on your parade and you're stuck w/ Fields pwahaha

15+ Year Old Account
    That's good, because Ray Allen is meeting Heat and Clippers.

If he ends up on Clippers with Paul and Blake, ogm.
    They will be the exact same team as last year lol. Ray will just will the Billups/Foye/Mo Williams role of shoot the ball. They'll still get bounced in the first or second round because they have a bad coach and that team just isn't that good outside of Paul and Griffin.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 07:26 PM ----------

Williams staying with the Nets 5 years $100 million reportedly. That is a lot of money and is going to seriously push them right against the cap if they want to get Howard.

So... where does this leave Dallas? Jet looks like he's gone. Deron Williams isn't coming, and by proxy, Dwight Howard is a write off. They could get Nash but Toronto and New York are after him as well. Dallas' plan to clear cap space might be back firing on them. Rebuilding time I guess?