Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Dallas played badly for a large portion of that game despite having the lead. I wanted to strangle Jason Kidd for his defense on Westbrook, hes treating him like hes Rajon Rondo leaving him wide open for jumpers. News flash, Westbrook can shoot. Nobody finishes at the basket missing tons of easy layups and dunks. Letting Ibaka score 22 is inexcusable. Dirk still proved hes as clutch as they come though, scored 11 of the teams final 13 after not doing much earlier. If only they could get him better separation to avoid constant double teams from the guards swiping at the ball. Im kinda glad they lost, cant play like that an expect to win.

Thats funny, I watched like literally three minutes of the game every once inawhile (was doing other things and just stepping in to catch the score) and literally every time I came in, Kidd got a steal..guess I should have stayed in the room if I wanted dallas to win :P

Seven steals on the night, crazy. I hope this series goes seven, regardless of the winner.

That sucks for Bulls fans. Rose was resting through injury for the playoffs, then he gets hurt in the first game. Talk about shitty.

Wow first day of the playoffs, and I'm already having regrettable predictions.

Orlando beat Indiana, pretty surprised there. Not sure what to think after that game.
    Glen Davis one of the most underrated players out there?
    SVG really is an amazing coach, and the players outside of Howard might really have his back?
    A young team chokes in the 4th quarter of their first playoff game?
    I still think Indiana will win the series, but Orlando's win today was pretty impressive.

D.Rose being out is really a shame. I didn't get a chance to watch this one, but I still think they'll sweep the 76'ers. I do think the Celtics could beat them in the 2nd round now.

Shumper out is also a shame. I still think NY has enough pride, heart, and skill to win 1 game. I do agree with the others complaining about the calls, the refereeing was absolute bullshit, however, it does seem like it happens every year with at least a couple of series during the playoffs, and that's really a shame.

Dallas looks like they've turned on the switch, and they'll probably make the OKC series a very competitive one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    Wow first day of the playoffs, and I'm already having regrettable predictions.

Orlando beat Indiana, pretty surprised there. Not sure what to think after that game.
    Glen Davis one of the most underrated players out there?
    SVG really is an amazing coach, and the players outside of Howard might really have his back?
    A young team chokes in the 4th quarter of their first playoff game?
    I was surprised they lost, but I think they will still win the series. SVG is a damn good coach and the rumor is a lot of the team supports him and not Dwight in their internal strife. It would be amazing to see them win the series as a big fuck you to Dwight for calling them out and quitting on them for most of the season.

If there is an argument to be made about Durant for MVP, there it is last night. He is the clutchest player in the NBA bar none. When the Olympics roll around, if the USA is in a situation where they need a game winning shot, I know damn well who I want to be taking that shot and it isn't LeBron or Kobe. Having said that, wtf Thunder. All of their production minus five points was from four players. 0 points for Fischer, Perkins, Collison, and Cook. They are going to have to get more production from guys who aren't Westbrook, Harden, and Durant. Ibaka had a great game too.

Spurs fans chanting MVP for Tony Parker... cmon now

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Thats funny, I watched like literally three minutes of the game every once inawhile (was doing other things and just stepping in to catch the score) and literally every time I came in, Kidd got a steal..guess I should have stayed in the room if I wanted dallas to win :P

Seven steals on the night, crazy. I hope this series goes seven, regardless of the winner.
    Him getting steals is fine, it just isnt a reflection of his individual defense. He basically played off Westbrook all night long so he would repeatedly just dribble it up the court and notice Kidd isnt really playing him tight at all, so he would just shoot a jump shot. All of them considered to be open. Thats a huge reason his FG% was so good. It was just mind boggling why he would play him like that, when Delonte was in he actually would play solid defense on him, even Terry. But Kidd just sat back getting torched over and over. If they wouldve contained Westbrook better it honestly wouldve been like a double digits ball game.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-04-29 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superman18 View Post
    That sucks for Bulls fans. Rose was resting through injury for the playoffs, then he gets hurt in the first game. Talk about shitty.
    Indeed a bit late to notice it (nfl draft took my time) but I gotta say that sucks just as much as bears without cutler almost. Don't think the bulls will win it this year without rose...:-\ sucks big time
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

So far this postseason I have watched either all, or very close to all of two games: The miami/knicks game, and this lakers game, and I can tell you right now, if the lakers were getting the same calls the heat were last night, they would be up by 20+

Kobe is having a bad shooting day so far, 2 of 10...and every time he is taking a shot someone is hitting his arm, HARD. He has been pushed to the ground once while driving, and inexplicably no foul was called, even though it looked like a lot harder push then lebron whined about last night. It is not just Kobe, the nuggets defence seems to consist of "SLAP THEM ON THE ARMS AS THEY SHOOT AND HOPE THEY DONT CALL A FOUL!"

I really do not mind it this way, but seeing two games called so differently is just hilarious. If the heat were playing the nuggets right now, with the same amount of arm slaps, lebron probably would have 25+ free throw attempts at halftime.

Just an observation from someone that has watched both and has no personal stake in either series (I want the spurs to win I guess...spurs/celtics finals)

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    hawks are coming out strong vs the Celts I kinda hope the Hawks win somebody new to watch in the later rounds of the playoffs is what I want.

First time here, lemme just introduce myself.

I live in New York so I'm a Knicks fan, and I actively look for tickets to games.

Now about the playoffs. I really wanna say in Knicks v. Heat the refs were favoring Miami hard. New York did play bad but damn, everyone was in foul trouble before the first half. It was like a nightmare to watch that game.

Now that Derek rose is out I believe the only east team who can beat Miami is boston, but I don't think Boston will beat Atlanta. Which is sad because Hawks won't beat Heat.

OKC Dallas is interesting and close, but I think OKC will win the whole playoffs.

xD Rondo getting ejected made me happy. Hes such a jackass with how he acts on the court, plus hes such a tool how he flops after everything. I hope he gets suspended for getting in the officials face like that.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    xD Rondo getting ejected made me happy. Hes such a jackass with how he acts on the court, plus hes such a tool how he flops after everything. I hope he gets suspended for getting in the officials face like that.
    lol, I don't like Boston at all, but I have to admit, that seems way too excessive to eject him for accidentally tripping on the refs foot so he bumped him.

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    lol, I don't like Boston at all, but I have to admit, that seems way too excessive to eject him for accidentally tripping on the refs foot so he bumped him.
    He clearly gave him a little something with the chest bump, wasnt only because he tripped. Im not saying its this big horrible thing.
    BUT
    You cant touch an official like that and he did. So I hope he gets suspended. Plus hes a tool

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats bad is he was the one keeping the Celtics in that game for awhile anyways till KG started up late in the 3rd.

He got ejected for clapping his hands in the refs face, the trip thing is going to be discussed if they want to suspend him for game two.

I don't like rondo because of his cocky attitude, and IMO he gave too many fancy passes that game which is tough against atlantas good defense, but a tech would be enough, he didn't need to be ejected.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Clippers are looking rather lacking so far, I don't know how they went down by 10+ by the end of the 1st quarter.

So many Clipper turnovers...
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-04-30 at 02:47 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I doubt Rondo is playing in game 2. He chest bumped the ref. He even admitted he got in the refs face and said something, which is why he got tossed. But the NBA has absolutely zero tolerance for touching the refs. It wasn't malicious which is why it'll only be one game, but I'd be surprised if he didn't miss one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unbelievable. Just Completely Unbelievable.

The Clippers come back with a 28-3 run to beat the Grizzlies late in the 4th quarter. And I thought the Mavs' and their late-game comebacks last year were fascinating enough.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-04-30 at 04:34 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Unbelievable. Just Completely Unbelievable.

The Clippers come back with a 28-3 run to beat the Grizzlies late in the 4th quarter. And I thought the Mavs' and their late-game comebacks last year were fascinating enough.
    Great game, tuned out after the 3rd quarter and looked back at the end and Nick Young scores 9 points within a minute lol

Great game, tuned out after the 3rd quarter and looked back at the end and Nick Young scores 9 points within a minute lol
    If there was ever a player who can literally only do 1 thing well and thats it. Its Nick Young. His career high in assists is 1.2, career high rebounds is 2.7, cant really steal, cant really block, or play much of any defense. But damn can he come in and shoot the basketball
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2012-04-30 at 05:56 AM.

You must really hate Lebron then, he acts like an overgrown kid on and off the courrt, and also flops quite a bit :P

Did anyone see Dirk get elbowed early in the DAL/OKC series? And they called a foul on dirk after he got elbowed and yelled at the guy. Funny how nobody seems to care about that, it looked to me 100% intentional, he reared (Ibaka this is) back and wanged him a good one on the side of the head, then dirk got pissed and yelled, and dirk got a foul called against him (?)