15+ Year Old Account
    Lakers have reportedly informed Gasol that he will be traded if he can not adjust to the D'Antoni system quickly. I imagine him sitting out a couple games to rest is just to give him a chance to clear his head before he gives it a go again in the system. Or they will trade him in the next couple days and the rest is code for "we don't want him to get hurt."

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:05 PM ----------

The Hornets are finally changing their name after years of rumors. Reportedly it will be the New Orleans Pelicans starting in 13-14.

Time to watch Youtube videos of pelicans eating other birds and animals whole to celebrate the recognition of nature's biggest dick among the birds.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-05 at 12:09 AM.

Hope you guys are ready for the New Orleans Pelicans.

Apparently the Hornets are expected to change their name to the Pelicans as early as the 2013-2014 season.

We'd be a lot better off with the New Orleans Hornets becoming the Seattle Supersonics.

LOL who wants to be named afterba Pelican? I think thats such a horrible name choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    LOL who wants to be named afterba Pelican? I think thats such a horrible name choice.
    Ya it is meh but it is way better than Hornets.

This should be fun, what name would you rebrand your team of choice with? The Pistons is a horrible name. I suppose I'd like to see the Pistons jump on the big cat name bandwagon with the Lions and Tigers. So the Detroit Snow Leopards it is because damn it snow leopards are adorable. When Seattle comes back I hope they go Sea Otters or just Otters. That would rule. As for the Wolves, I'd love for them to stick with Timberwolves more. Its like the Tampa Bay Rays dropping the Devil part. The Devil Rays was a fucking amazing team name. The Rays is boring. Rays? What kind of Rays? Stingrays? Light Rays? Ray Romano Rays? Too ambiguous.

Note: Blue you have to rename the Nets since the Knickerbockers is pretty much perfectly insane.

The Timberwolves are destroying the 1776ers tonight (another name they should use the full thing for just like the Knicks).

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Hope you guys are ready for the New Orleans Pelicans.

Apparently the Hornets are expected to change their name to the Pelicans as early as the 2013-2014 season.
    That would be the worst name in sports history well not really but it would have to be up there.

I live in DC and I've had Wiz season tickets in the past (luckily passed this year), so I guess that's the team I get to pick a new name for. In fine DC heritage fashion, we could go with something racist or violent... nah, let's match with the Capitals and Nationals and go with the Washington Generals! What could possibly go wrong for a basketball team with such a great name?

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:48 PM ----------

So, the Kobe shooting a lot and the Lakers losing thing held up against tonight. He was 14 of 31 for 39, which isn't bad efficiency at all, but the Lakers continue to perform poorly in games where Kobe is carrying the load.

On the flip side, WTF was wrong with Harden tonight?

Rename the Nets -> Guns. The Brooklyn Guns. Has a nice ring to it right?

LOL LAL lost to Houston. I knew OKC would beat Nets. But Miami lost to Wizards? Lol. NY is now rank 1 East.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    [/COLOR]So, the Kobe shooting a lot and the Lakers losing thing held up against tonight. He was 14 of 31 for 39, which isn't bad efficiency at all, but the Lakers continue to perform poorly in games where Kobe is carrying the load.

On the flip side, WTF was wrong with Harden tonight?
    In Kobe's defense, there are four other guys on the floor that collapsed defensively and the Lakers still would have won if Howard was even a passable free throw shooter. This is what is going to happen though when you don't have a real PG to take the ball from Kobe's hands. He is going to shoot. And shoot. And shoot. Doesn't matter if he is a poor 3pt shooter, he is going to jack up 9 of them.

I greatly enjoy that they lost to Houston when Lin and Harden had a combined 19 points lol. The top performer for Houston was some guy named Greg Smith. Yahoo doesn't even have a picture of the guy on his player page.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-05 at 12:15 PM.

The lakers need to step it up, dwight doesnt sound very happy and he is a free agent at the end of the year. Every game he talks about the defensive collapse in the 4th quarter.

''People are going to say whatever they want to say, but at the end of the day, go back and look at the game,'' he said. ''The reason we lost was not my free throws. That didn't lose us the game. Our defense was not there in the fourth quarter.''

Kobe with 2 assists, 3 turnovers. How do you expect your team to stay in the flow of the game when your ball hogging? You finally pass the ball and they are ice cold, miss and you yell at them.

Im loving this train wreck, two of the most overrated players both failing hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    The lakers need to step it up, dwight doesnt sound very happy and he is a free agent at the end of the year. Every game he talks about the defensive collapse in the 4th quarter.

''People are going to say whatever they want to say, but at the end of the day, go back and look at the game,'' he said. ''The reason we lost was not my free throws. That didn't lose us the game. Our defense was not there in the fourth quarter.''

Kobe with 2 assists, 3 turnovers. How do you expect your team to stay in the flow of the game when your ball hogging? You finally pass the ball and they are ice cold, miss and you yell at them.

Im loving this train wreck, two of the most overrated players both failing hard.
    I have three words to say to Dwight Howard complaining about the Lakers defense: Go. Fuck. Yourself (you prima donna little bitch also). One member of the Lakers is a former defensive player of the year. One member of the Lakers is considered the best defensive player in years (despite his absolute insistence on blocking balls out of bounds like an absolute dumbass). One member of the Lakers is responsible for their slow as molasses help defense and their constantly wide open lane. The name of that Laker is Dwight Howard.

Kobe deserves his fair share of blame, but the defensive issues start and end at Dwight Howard and his complete lack of effort this season.
    Dwight Howard's defensive rating is the lowest it has been in 5 years. Dwight Howard has the worst TRB% and DRB% since his rookie season. His total rebound percentage is down 4.5% from 21.9% to 17.4% this year. His defensive rebounding percentage is down 9.9% from 33.1 to 23.2! For a guy that is considered the best defensive player in the game by many, he is not stepping up to task this year either because of injury or effort or both.

Some other fun Howard related stuff: Howard has missed 42 4th quarter FTs this year. The next highest player is at 10. Howard is leading the league in FT attempts by 28 at 203 but is only 4th at 95 makes good for a 46.7% rate substantially the worst mark of his career. In fact, Dwight Howard is getting WORSE at FTs. You know how guys come into the league and get better at their flaws? Dwight is down 12% the last two years from making 59.8% in 2010 to 46.7% now. He is down over TWENTY PERCENT from the year he came into the league.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-05 at 09:00 PM.

Feel bad for LAL, they were supposed to be best in West and were so hyped and now they're 11th in their Conference. You know who else is 11th in their Conference? Pistons.

I'm watching this Knicks Bobcats game and lol...Charlotte has like a full set of courtside seats right next to bench completely empty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Feel bad for LAL, they were supposed to be best in West and were so hyped and now they're 11th in their Conference. You know who else is 11th in their Conference? Pistons.

I'm watching this Knicks Bobcats game and lol...Charlotte has like a full set of courtside seats right next to bench completely empty.
    WOOO the Pistons aren't 15th!! Minor victory!

If you have the ability you should really be watching the Lakers/Pelicans game. Kobe is 5 points from 30,000 for his career.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:43 PM ----------

Darren Rovell got a good shot of the Pistons crowd tonight. Big img so just the link https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9ZRrxJCEAIaQGZ.jpg:large

And that is why tickets are $2 on stubhub for a game featuring a good Golden State team WITH former MSU star Draymond Green!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:52 PM ----------

I take it back. Don't watch this Lakers/Hornets game. Holy fuck this game is bad. Like really, really bad borderline unwatchable ball.

Like seriously the defensive laziness and the bitching from the Lakers is comical at this point. Dwight watching Lopez catch a pass and dunk from several feet away. No one closing out cutting guys for alley oops. Its shocking.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:00 PM ----------

Yay Kobe got 30,000 now I can turn this terrible game off.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:02 PM ----------

Kobe with point 30,000 in game 1180. At his current career rate, LeBron would hit 30,000 around 90 games faster.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-06 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [/COLOR]Kobe with point 30,000 in game 1180. At his current career rate, LeBron would hit 30,000 around 90 games faster.[/QUOTE]

Alright I don't want to debate who's best player ever because we already have a thread about that I just gotta say how many games does Kobe have over Wilt at this very moment same with Lebron.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Alright I don't want to debate who's best player ever because we already have a thread about that I just gotta say how many games does Kobe have over Wilt at this very moment same with Lebron.
    Different eras!! grumble grumble. Moral of the story is Jordan shouldn't have went to college or he would probably be the youngest to 30k. Oh ya and also if he didn't get suspended for gambling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Different eras!! grumble grumble. Moral of the story is Jordan shouldn't have went to college or he would probably be the youngest to 30k.
    True same with Wilt as well Kansas. I actually think Lebron wont get into the top 5 or maybe even the to 10 he's really not that kind of player to care as much as Kobe.

Knicks are down by a few with like 2 mins left. Melo jumps into Charlotte crowd and his fingers are hurting and they take him out.

If Melo is injured then I'm gonna have to go break the legs of the fans who didn't catch Melo..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    True same with Wilt as well Kansas. I actually think Lebron wont get into the top 5 or maybe even the to 10 he's really not that kind of player to care as much as Kobe.
    See there is just no reason to go to college lol.

As for LeBron, say he plays another 8 years or so and accumulates another 500 games (we'll assume an injury in there that will cost him a ton of games). In those years his scoring plummets down to say 18 ppg (we'll say he is going to keep 24 or so the first four, blow up his knees, and come back and only average 12ppg the next four years). That is another 9000 points. Tack that on to his current total of 19442 along with the extra 1600 you can expect him to score this season, you are at 30,000. For LeBron not to hit 30,000 points and be a top 6 all time scorer he would have to see a devastating drop in his production, have a massive career derailing series of injuries and be out of the league by 35. Barring a career ending injury it is next to impossible for LeBron not to end up top 10. Currently he is 43rd. By the end of the season, assuming 1600 points which would be down several hundred from his yearly totals throughout his career, he will be at 31. By the end of next year he will be on the cusp of top 20 of all time. At 29 years old. 10th all time is only Oscar Robertson at a mere 26,710. At his current pace or even at a slightly delayed pace of 20ppg, LeBron would hit that within the next four years. At 31... There is at least a decent chance that Dirk will have bumped Oscar out of the top 10 by that point though assuming Dirk can get healthy again.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-06 at 02:21 AM.

Cheap fucking Charlotte metal chairs. Melo was bleeding as he left.

Michael Jordan is like sitting alone in kind of a box and there is like a security guard and some guy sitting in a seat next to him (but not close enough to indicate them as friends). I wouldn't mind sitting alone if I had an isolated box seat like that...

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:34 PM ----------

16 seconds left, 98-98 Charlotte Ball.

8 seconds left, 98-98 JR Smith deflects the ball on a pass and on the fast break he decides not to layup and pulls back. Everyone is mad. Knick time out -> 3.4 seconds left, Charlotte has a foul to give.

3.4 seconds left, inbound, JR Smith gets ball, takes 2 dribbles, no foul given, lifts up for 2 pointer shot (1 out of 9 shots all game), takes the shot right before buzzer.

100-98, Knicks win. KUKUKUKUKU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spurs win and with 53 rebounds wth lol.