Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Its official, the Kings are being sold to the Seattle group and relocation will be "overwhelmingly supported" according to league sources.

---------- Post added 2013-01-21 at 12:57 PM ----------

Sideshow Andy done for the year. Had a blood clot in his lung recently. Remember that time the Cavs should have traded him for peak value?
    Man I would actually watch some "Kings" games when they move back to Seattle. I use to root for the Sonics back in the day when the had the Rainmaker.

Wow allstar voting needs to change. KG and dwight howard don't belong on that list. Tyson Chandler and Joakim Noah deserve the center spot over KG in the east. Marc Gasol and arguably Serge Ibaka are having better seasons than Dwight Howard. It will be a sin if David Lee doesn't make the reserves, or if Jeremy Lin makes it over James Harden. Fans are so dumb.
    Last edited by Arcsecant; 2013-01-22 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    Wow allstar voting needs to change. KG and dwight howard don't belong on that list. Tyson Chandler and Joakim Noah deserve the center spot over KG in the east. Marc Gasol and arguably Serge Ibaka are having better seasons than Dwight Howard. It will be a sin if David Lee doesn't make the reserves, or if Jeremy Lin makes it over James Harden. Fans are so dumb.
    Yeah I was talking about that in an earlier post Tim Duncan should have gotten it over B.Griffin his O. stats are so close to Griffins but Duncan's D. stats are a lot better then Griffins.

Im sad Jeremy Lin isnt starting. I want the All Star voting to get exposed for the joke it is. I want a Tim Tebow type player to make it so they eventually say ok this is dumb and change it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 03:54 AM ----------

LOL what a douche bag he is

Why is Westbrook blocking the shots? Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Why is Westbrook blocking the shots? Am I missing something here?
    Just to annoy the Denver crowd that wants to see them go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Just to annoy the Denver crowd that wants to see them go in.
    Is it during a break/timeout? I mean, if it is, dude has got some issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Is it during a break/timeout? I mean, if it is, dude has got some issues.
    Yeah it's during timeouts. Have you never watched Westbrook? He's a total asshole. But whatever, Denver won that game and that makes me happy

15+ Year Old Account
    Pau Gasol is now a permenant bench player according to D'Antoni. Countdown to any trade starting in 3, 2, 1...

Pau Gasol is now a permenant bench player according to D'Antoni. Countdown to any trade starting in 3, 2, 1...

What would be some realistic, "worth it" (or at least the best the Lakers can get out of the situation) deals the Lakers could get out of Gasol? I haven't been paying attention at all w/ the NBA this season. Damn you, Lakers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

What would be some realistic, "worth it" (or at least the best the Lakers can get out of the situation) deals the Lakers could get out of Gasol? I haven't been paying attention at all w/ the NBA this season. Damn you, Lakers!
    God who even knows who is interested at this point. The T-Wolves have always had a total mancrush on Gasol in part because Kahn is an idiot. I wouldnt' be surprised to see them do something as they are fading pretty damn quickly with sooo many injuries. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as the landing sport in a 3-4 team trade ala Philly for Bynum last offseason.

God who even knows who is interested at this point. The T-Wolves have always had a total mancrush on Gasol in part because Kahn is an idiot.
    The bolded part cannot be stressed enough. T-Wolves upper management is...special.

And due to injuries our season appears to be over before it really even began.

Lol yeah I saw that Russell Westbrook thing. What a dick. It was probably during like a timeout where they go to commercial, so the mascot does some antics to keep the people at the stadium entertained, and Russell Westbrook is jealous he wasn't the one taking a shot. Who does something like that?

Apparently Cavs and Memphis made a multiplayer trade that cut $6m off Grizzlies payroll.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Pau is he is under contract for next year as well for 19 mil. I just don't see how he could be traded this year without the Lakers just eating a ton of that money.

He'll definitely be tradable next year though, teams will want that 19 mil coming off their books for the 2014 summer which is another Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Carmelo period.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:05 AM ----------

Its official, the Kings are being sold to the Seattle group and relocation will be "overwhelmingly supported" according to league sources
    How bout the Seattle Salmon?

If they trade Gasol cause it doesnt work with him and Howard they are morons since in all likelyhood Howard wont even be there next season. As someone who watched the game last night I found it hilarious how atrocious Steve Nash defense was, Kirk Hinrich was crossing him over left and right getting open jumpers and to the paint whenever he pleased. Playing in the Western Conference I always felt it would be tough to win with Nash because the 3 best teams you have to deal with (Thunder, Spurs, Clippers) have dynamic Point Guards who can score if they want to. Nash will get abused all series long against any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they trade Gasol cause it doesnt work with him and Howard they are morons since in all likelyhood Howard wont even be there next season. As someone who watched the game last night I found it hilarious how atrocious Steve Nash defense was, Kirk Hinrich was crossing him over left and right getting open jumpers and to the paint whenever he pleased. Playing in the Western Conference I always felt it would be tough to win with Nash because the 3 best teams you have to deal with (Thunder, Spurs, Clippers) have dynamic Point Guards who can score if they want to. Nash will get abused all series long against any of them.
    No news there Nash has never played defense like ever. I don't think it is a single player thing that is going on with the Lakers it is the group as a whole just doesn't mesh and the head coach doesn't know how to adapt to a non full court temp style offense.

in all likelyhood Howard wont even be there next season
    Next season? Apparently the Nets are trying to get Howard before trade deadline.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    How bout the Seattle Salmon?
    The amount of arguments about how much emphasis to put on the L (I am a hard L person for the lolz so Sal-mon instead of Sa-mon) would be just amazing. The answer is and will always be the Seattle Sea Otters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimuni View Post
    Yeah it's during timeouts. Have you never watched Westbrook? He's a total asshole. But whatever, Denver won that game and that makes me happy
    Do we know that he's an asshole? I've never heard anyone say that he's anything other than a nice guy off the court. He's extremely competitive and antagonistic, but I don't think those are bad traits.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:34 AM ----------

I'd like to congratulate D'Antoni on being a sufficiently awful coach as to waste one of the five best post up guys in the league by spotting him up 18 feet from the basket. Special shout outs go out to D-Howard for clogging the paint completely and making sure there's no spacing, and Kobe for chucking like a madman and doing everything possible to alienate Gasol.

I hope Gasol gets to a team that'll give him the fucking ball and cut.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:36 AM ----------

Nice to see KD take the lead for the scoring title and shore up his 50-40-90 line (51.9-41.7-91.0 now). I don't suspect he'll be letting go of that, he's just playing absolutely vicious ball right now.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 09:43 AM ----------

One more thing! Durant's dropoff in long jumpers taken is really striking, and probably the biggest reason for his increased efficiency. See here. In 2011, he was taking 6.7 jumpers from 16-23 feet per game; now he's only taking 3.4. Those are bad shots, even for as good of a shooter as Durant. The shooting percentages are higher than the true outcomes because of the lack of fouls and low rebound percentage on these shots, and that they're not much higher percentage than just shooting threes.

That's part of a broader league wide story - threes and shots at the rim have gone up over time, significantly. Old timers lament the loss of the mid range game, but ignore that the reason why that game's been lost is because it's simply bad game strategy.

Dwight to the nets
    Brook to the timberwolves
    Love to the lakers

Thats the rumor of the day here.