Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    It does suck that Curry didnt make it. Id put him over Randolph probably, and I love me some Zach Randolph.
    Yeah, same here. I mean, I really love the Z-Bo experience. I guess it's just hard, I can't be really mad about Z-Bo, Curry, or Aldridge for the last spot. Curry's the most fun in All-Star format though. He literally has a chance to go off for like 12 threes without people playing D.

Really tough picks in the West. The East is so bad...

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 09:58 PM ----------

it will be interesting when they both retire. Who will be considered the greater player? Duncan or Kobe
    I have to think about that for about a quarter of a second, if I'm drunk. I really believe that anyone that would prefer Kobe to Duncan doesn't know shit about basketball.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, same here. I mean, I really love the Z-Bo experience. I guess it's just hard, I can't be really mad about Z-Bo, Curry, or Aldridge for the last spot. Curry's the most fun in All-Star format though. He literally has a chance to go off for like 12 threes without people playing D.

Really tough picks in the West. The East is so bad...

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 09:58 PM ----------

I have to think about that for about a quarter of a second, if I'm drunk. I really believe that anyone that would prefer Kobe to Duncan doesn't know shit about basketball.
    They are just different players and had different coaches. Pop would never let anybody on his team take as many shots as Kobe takes and I don't get why people don't flock to the Spurs like the do the Lakers or Knicks. Spurs are known to have probably the best sports franchise in all sports or at least top 3 they take care of their players like they are family and they just win.

What is Dengs injury? If he's injured I don't think Thibs would play him and JR would get in probably. Sure JRs numbers aren't up to allstar standards but he plays great defense for his size and he's hit so many clutch shots while Melo was out I don't know if I want Melo or JR taking the last shot now. B. Lopez omission sucks too.

If Chris Paul's injury persists curry will probably get on the west.

Deng will be fine his injury is very minor, its just a strained hamstring. Hes eligible to come back next game if they want him to its really just how he feels. He will certainly be good to go within a week. He's not the type of player that would miss an all-star game unless he completely had to, this is a guy who leads the league in minutes and despite being injured in the offseason kept playing for Great Britian's national team. Dude loves to play a lot, he's really that old school I want to play unless I physically cant type of guys. Only reason he's sitting out now is out of precautionary measures.

Im not sure whats up with CP3.

Also I wouldnt underestimate Kobe's career. What he has done is phenomenal as being one of the most fierce competitor's night in and night out. For years he was the most dominant offensive force in the game while also being one of the better defenders. While his percentages have dipped lately for sure, he was still known as THE clutch player in the league for years. His scoring arsenal is really without weakness, and yes he definitely wouldnt be as enjoyable to play with like Duncan would be, but that doesnt make him bad for teams. All the guy does is win, even using this year which is probably his worst team wise as the example against him, there are a lot of problems with the Lakers and Kobe wouldnt be anywhere near the top of my list for them. I'd also be the 1st to admit Shaq was the better play on those initial championships. Yet Kobe still won with a completely new cast later making the finals 3 times and winning twice without Shaq. I cant definitively say hes better than Duncan cause I do think Duncan is amazing and largely underrated, yet theres no way in hell I think Duncan nor Kobe are vastly better than one another.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 10:50 AM ----------

"According to the New York Daily news, the Brooklyn Nets are happy with Brook Lopez as their center and will not make a play for Howard via trade or in the offseason should he elect to test free agency."

Wow very interesting if thats true. The no trade I can see. The not even being interested in his free agency is pretty shocking. That would mean if he left Dallas would probably become the next #1 option.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-01-25 at 10:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    it will be interesting when they both retire. Who will be considered the greater player? Duncan or Kobe

I can honestly see arguments for both sides.
    I really want to say Duncan, but the additional ring and the scoring totals are probably going to have Kobe ahead of him in many people's eyes. Duncan never tears down teammates, never blows up his team thanks to his ego, etc. I'd love to see a single person aside from Kobe say they would rather play with Kobe than Duncan and that counts for a lot in my eyes in a team sport. I can see where people would argue both ways, but Duncan will always be ahead of Kobe in my book.

According to the New York Daily news, the Brooklyn Nets are happy with Brook Lopez as their center and will not make a play for Howard via trade or in the offseason should he elect to test free agency."

Wow very interesting if thats true. The no trade I can see. The not even being interested in his free agency is pretty shocking. That would mean if he left Dallas would probably become the next #1 option.
    Bullshit lol. That is all just GM speak. The Nets would jump at the opportunity to get Howard.

Howard has become a cancer and his value is plummeting. You cant have him on the floor in the 4th quarter and he ruins teams. His body also seems to be breaking down. Not someone you want as your franchise player, especially after he had that role in orlando and quit on the team.

I forget hudo turkalo was on the magic, our highest paid player riding the pine, great organization we have. Orlando = JV Lakers.

Id put duncan over kobe, duncan was the best player on his team when they won, kobe wasnt.

"According to the New York Daily news, the Brooklyn Nets are happy with Brook Lopez as their center and will not make a play for Howard via trade or in the offseason should he elect to test free agency."

I'd have picked up a copy of the Daily News today if I knew lol. But I'm home and cozy.

Ehhhhhhhh fuck that shit. I'd want Howard over Brook even though Brooklyn chemistry is working well right now.

Chadwix, I don't really think Dwight's body is breaking down. I think he's just bullshitting and not playing through minor injuries like serious people would.

And NO JIB Dwight isn't going to Dallas with Chris Paul, and Kevin Love isn't going to fucking Chicago. Your 2 home teams can't be THAT good.

Lakers are a mess, Jeannie buss and jim buss havent spoken since the Phil incident.

Maybe blue, i think it would be funny if dwight has his shoulder examined in LA 3 times, they cant find anything so he goes to NJ for a second opinion and they find something. Unfortunately he needs rehab and has to stay there til the start of next season and then he magically signs with them 3 months after leaving.

I dont think Paul is going to Dallas. He will stay with the Clippers. If the Nets dont want Howard though his chances of being a Maverick shot up because its a place he wanted to play and we all know how bad the Lakers are so if he leaves the Mavericks would be the top option with their cap space and his desire to go there. Assuming ofc the Nets story is true and they dont want him anymore.

The Love to Bulls rumor is based solely on David Kahn's unwillingness to sign him to a big deal. People are saying the Bulls will and will amnesty Boozer in order to get him.

Nice. This free League Pass is pretty useful this Friday night. I just got a 42 inch TV in my room up from 32 (usually I watch 46 inch in living room) and it's convenient.

Edit: These commentators suck though rofl...Walt Clyde Frazier rank 1.

Spurs Mavs are on National TV anyways :P so thats what Im watching. As well as Warriors/Bulls locally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Love to see people hate on LeBron when he does stuff like this:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...0771--nba.html

LAL beats Jazz, Kobe has 14 points 9 rebounds and 14 assists. ogm.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    LAL beats Jazz, Kobe has 14 points 9 rebounds and 14 assists. ogm.
    As a laker basher, i dont like this. When kobe has more assists than shots taken the rest of the league is in trouble.

Eh I feel bad, he could probably take the scoring title this year if he wanted too, but he won't make the playoffs if he does. If he plays like this LAL is bound to make 8th seed.

Uhhh. Raymond Felton is back baby. Knicks are all uninjured except Marus Camby and Rasheed Wallace.

If Knicks don't crush 76ers tonight Ill do an extra exercise session tomorrow even though I really don't have the time because of homework.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 08:11 PM ----------

Oh god it's looking like I'm gonna have to work out twice tomorrow and this homework is piling up. I can't write neatly and watch my TV screen at the same time@@

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Oh god it's looking like I'm gonna have to work out twice tomorrow and this homework is piling up. I can't write neatly and watch my TV screen at the same time@@
    You could turn the TV off, do your homework now, and not dictate your time management on the workings of a professional team.

Just a thought from ye common folk.

Lol don't worry I'm actually doing unnecessary studying, early at that. I'm not stupid so much so to hurt my grades, you know.

Meh. I like the way Big 3 in NY is looking, STAT is playing well. But the team effort? Gosh lol this is fucking embarrassing, I was expecting Knicks to dominate.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Haters going hate. LeBron is a good dood and you can tell he has a big heart people are just pissed off that he ditched his team so what Wayne Gretzky did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Haters going hate. LeBron is a good dood and you can tell he has a big heart people are just pissed off that he ditched his team so what Wayne Gretzky did the same thing.

Pure class

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    honestly i thought it was good for his image. A player making the experience just that much more awesome for the fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."