Kyrie Irving is the fucking man. 10 seconds left, Cleveland is down by 2. What's gonna happen?

Idk if you guys know this but I have as much of a crush on Kyrie Irving as conscript does on Kevin Love. (But still less than Skars has for Tim Duncan, who is still injured 5th straight game I think.) Not that I watch Cleveland games lol.

Edit: And rofl calm down about Lebron and his niceness. He was probably just in a hyped up mood, although I think he's nicer now than in Cleveland when Jib's pic was from.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-28 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Video was lagging me. It's in Skars post.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kyrie Irving is the fucking man. 10 seconds left, Cleveland is down by 2. What's gonna happen?

Idk if you guys know this but I have as much of a crush on Kyrie Irving as conscript does on Kevin Love. (But still less than Skars has for Tim Duncan, who is still injured 5th straight game I think.) Not that I watch Cleveland games lol.

Edit: And rofl calm down about Lebron and his niceness. He was probably just in a hyped up mood, although I think he's nicer now than in Cleveland when Jib's pic was from.
    Timmy has been injured but I don't think the spurs got that memo because they still keep winning :P.

Rajon Rondo torn ACL?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rajon Rondo torn ACL?!
    That's not good for boston I just heard that he hyperextended it I didn't know he tore it.

ABC picked two good games lol. Miami/Boston went into 2 overtimes, and this LAL/OKC game is so crazy good and not one sided.

Kobe Bryant is fucking monster mode, he's a better passer than Chris Paul omg.

ABC picked two good games lol. Miami/Boston went into 2 overtimes, and this LAL/OKC game is so crazy good and not one sided.

Kobe Bryant is fucking monster mode, he's a better passer than Chris Paul omg.
    I fucking hated Kobe growing up a Suns fan, but now that I don't care about the Suns (well I do... but I'm blocking them from my memory so I don't have to deal with the pain of them sucking) I can appreciate him a little more. He was a fucking BEAST this game. Too bad it won't go down in the stat book as a triple double.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, what the hell happened to Kobe? Since when is he a team player? The Lakers situation is now so bad that Kobe, Kobe mother fucking Bryant, is their best distributor.

Pour some out for Rondo and for Boston's constant flirtation with trading a top 5 PG. Sucks to see him get hurt like that.

I personally think it speaks volumes that Boston doesnt appear to be committed to Rondo. Be it his inconsistent scoring ability or his apparent inability to work well with others. I dont like the guy but I definitely dont want him hurt, I know what its like 1st hand to lose your best player for a season. It blows.

The only saving grace I guess is that Boston didnt really have much hope anyways.

Yeah but it's too late for LAL. They're 19-25. Houston, 8th seed, is 24-22. LAL is gonna need something like a 55% win rate to beat them. I think. Which is 45 wins. Seems legit, 44 or 45 wins should have a chance at a spot...

So LAL needs 45. They have 19. That means they need 26 more wins, and they have 38 more games. That's a 68% win streak from now on.

It seems really unlikely but if everyone meshes together and Kobe plays as monstrously then maybe. What do you guys think?

I personally think 68% win streak from now on (26-12) is too possible but just too much for LAL.

Edit: Lol Jib Boston beat the champs today without their All Star Starter!

Speaking of All Star, how does the replacement process work? Kyrie Irving moves up to starter and JR Smith goes to reserve?!?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-28 at 12:34 AM.

Reserves is all David Stern I think. He picks who he wants on the team and starting in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh West is just to good I don't think Lakers are going to be able to get in the playoffs this year.

Lakers could make the playoffs. Dwight played like ass today and they still looked very, very good. I would not be that surprised if they snuck in as an 8th seed. I would be surprised if they actually won a playoff series.

Gonna have to start twittering kobe about being a wussy who is afraid to shoot the ball because his team always loses when he does, or something.

Kobe is quickly approaching lebraun's best all court player title in the nba. Cant stand the guy but he is such a scoring threat people have to bite when he has the ball, combine that with his passing skills and its bad news for the anti laker.

Id also like to say that Vucevic's (orlando center) numbers are looking great, playing with 3pt happy teams is a centers dream. 11.1 rebounds a game. If we could get our highest paid player to play we would be winning some of these close losses. Not nearly the downgrade at that position we expected. Turk is making like 21mil or something insane, swap him with a good player and we easily make the playoffs, lose but make them.

Has anyone considered what would happen to the coaching staff of the nets if deron and dwight were on the same team?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Has anyone considered what would happen to the coaching staff of the nets if deron and dwight were on the same team?
    The return of the player coach? That would be an awesome combo of coach killers though.

So this needs to be said. The Pistons are 4.5 games out of the 8th spot in the East and Boston just lost their best player for the season. Plus the Pistons have only looked better over the last month as they are playing Big Penguin more. Speaking of Drummond, he is having one of the best big man rookie seasons ever by per 36 numbers. He has been straight phenomenal lately. If you didn't see it he completely robbed Wade on back to back possessions the other day when he got switched onto him on screens. Picked his pocket twice leading to two solo fast breaks. It was amazing.

Knicks win by 1 point lol, 105-104 and Atlanta had the last possession and didn't score. Damn guys, that was close. I'm glad Knicks won but I'm not sure if I should be concerned Knicks didn't devastate or if Atlanta is really good.

---------- Post added 2013-01-27 at 09:16 PM ----------

Oh ya and Detroit beat Orlando Magic just now so they're only 4 games back from 8th seed. They won't get there but I'll let you fantasize.

Edit: Didn't feel like making a new post.

i told you, kobe's assists were better than chris paul's lol.

Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-01-28 at 01:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh ya and Detroit beat Orlando Magic just now so they're only 4 games back from 8th seed. They won't get there but I'll let you fantasize.
    Oh its gonna happen. That is exactly what the Pistons would do. Instead of getting another high lottery pick they desperately need they will stumble into the 8th seed in the horrible East.

LA could sneak into the playoffs, I suppose, but it'd be as the seven or eight seed, which means going through San Antonio and OKC on the road just to get out of the West. I'm going to go ahead and not plan on it.

I'm less than shocked that LA is better when Kobe doesn't think he's a hero that needs to take 25 shots a night.

Not sure if anyone else caught the end of that Mavs Blazers game. It was insane

Basically Dallas is up 3 with about 35 seconds to go and Blazers ball. They find Batum to get him the 3 point shot to tie. Dallas gets the ball and they drive in deep and kick it out to Dirk for the 3 and he sinks it with like 11 seconds to go. So looks like easy win Dallas. Well the Blazers are passing around the perimeter cant get the open guy til Aldridge who set the screen steps out and gets the ball at the 3 point line. The guy hasnt made a 3 all season long yet he drills it tie game. 4 seconds left. Dallas inbounds to a driving Mayo and as he gets he gets called for charge! With like 1 sec to go so Portland gets the ball back. Dump it to Aldridge and he does this like post fadeaway shot a-la Dirk Nowitzki and sinks it at the buzzer. Thrilling game even though not the outcome I wanted.

Yeah I saw a video of that. It was pretty sick. Guess he did deserve his All Star spot.

Speaking of All Star, I found out Brook Lopez is running 25 PER, third best in NBA. Wtf. He really did deserve to be an All Star lol.

Speaking of Nets. Apparently Reggie Evan said something along the lines of "fuck Lebron, he won his title in a lockout shortened season. Means nothing." Hmmmm. And Heat @ Brooklyn tonight.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 05:16 PM ----------

Nvm, Brook Lopez is replacing Rondo.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 06:15 PM ----------

Speaking of Nets and since Jib is more than likely to not see TV and since this is the last post of this page so I won't lag us by the time someone else posts:

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grizzlies just traded Rudy Gay to the Raptors for Jose Calderon & Ed Davis...