Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Derrick Rose is better then Parker but I think it's closer then you think but Rose is still better. Derrick Rose has to be the best player on his team Parker doesn't he can rely on Tim or Manu to take the scoring pressure where Rose has to score. Also Rose is stronger and a better defender but he isn't faster or quicker then Parker, Parker has reached speeds up to 20.9 miles per hour no other Player has done that yet rose has hit 17 miles per hour and the closest to Parker is Rubio at 19 and a half.

Edit: I haven't seen the MPH on TY Lawson yet thou he might be faster then Parker that dood is crazy fast.
    Well idk where you got those numbers so they could very well be right. My statement was just off the eye test watching them play then I looked this up out of curiosity.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ys-in-the-nba/

Tony Parker was 15th. Derrick Rose was 2nd. No idea how reliable this source is though.

Other source: http://sports-kings.com/top-5-fastest-nba-players/

Then theres this as well: http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/...layers-40-yard
    Rose is 4.18. Parker is 4.28.
    Last edited by Jibjabb; 2013-02-13 at 09:48 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Well idk where you got those numbers so they could very well be right. My statement was just off the eye test watching them play then I looked this up out of curiosity.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ys-in-the-nba/

Tony Parker was 15th. Derrick Rose was 2nd. No idea how reliable this source is though.

Other source: http://sports-kings.com/top-5-fastest-nba-players/

Then theres this as well: http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/...layers-40-yard
    Rose is 4.18. Parker is 4.28.
    NBA set up these Camera's on courts that capture all kinds of shit including speeds when I find the link from yesterday about the speeds I'll post them.

NBA set up these Camera's on courts that capture all kinds of shit including speeds when I find the link from yesterday about the speeds I'll post them.
    Is that the one where they found out that the average NBA star runs ~5 km per game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So at the end of quarters you know how in the last seconds players throw the ball from way beyond half court to just try to score (because there's no time for a real play)?

Kevin Durant is refusing to do it because it'll fuck up his shooting percentage stats.
    Yeah, I saw that. If he really cares about that .1% shooting percentage, then maybe he should give the ball to someone who isn't stupid enough to say something like he would hold the ball and intentionally let the clock wind down before he shoots it.

He has to worry about that 50 40 90 club membership man, but that shit does add up. They just shouldn't inbound the ball to him.

Hedo Turkolu suspended 20 games for steroid use LOLS man that must suck Chadwix. I'm an Orlando fan but if I didn't have the Knicks/Nets to root for (since Magic suck) I'd probably be fucking FURIOUS at the state Magic is in, especially with this steroid thing coming up and since Big Baby is out for a while with his broken foot or whatever.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 04:55 PM ----------

Oh and I'm gonna make it easy since I'm assuming Skars is arguing with Jib whether Bulls or Spurs are better: they're both great but not gonna win a championship this year.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 05:02 PM ----------

I'm sick of this bullshit regular season. I WANT PLAYOFFS ALREADY. Christ.

Oh and I'm gonna make it easy since I'm assuming Skars is arguing with Jib whether Bulls or Spurs are better: they're both great but not gonna win a championship this year.
    I think the Spurs are better than the Bulls. I still believe that OKC got "lucky" last year and that San Antonio would've won the title if OKC didn't get so hot from the outside, to me San Antonio was the better team. We were debating whether Rose is faster/quicker than Tony Parker, and I also think he is a different caliber of player. Only other PG in Rose caliber is Chris Paul. Everybody is a notch below and then its a big debate over who is #3... Parker, Rondo, Williams, Westbrook, Irving. Would be a good discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Spurs are better than the Bulls. I still believe that OKC got "lucky" last year and that San Antonio would've won the title if OKC didn't get so hot from the outside, to me San Antonio was the better team. We were debating whether Rose is faster/quicker than Tony Parker, and I also think he is a different caliber of player. Only other PG in Rose caliber is Chris Paul. Everybody is a notch below and then its a big debate over who is #3... Parker, Rondo, Williams, Westbrook, Irving. Would be a good discussion.
    I think Chris Paul make's everybody else around him better then Rose or Parker do they are more of a shot creator and CP3 is a play maker with the other people around him. Rondo is the best at giving out asst. but he's not great at shooting where CP3 can do it all. Yeah I don't think me and Jib were arguing about who's better Spurs or Bulls thou last year I think the Bulls matched up better against the Spurs this year thou I think if Rose was healthy they would be equal.

I think Tony Parker is quicker in that he can run into the paint and make a pro efficient shot. Derek Rose is quick himself but its more of an explosion of athleticism.

Speaking of Rose I heard he's in high 80%s in terms of how he feels but he's waiting until he's 110%.

Oh ya and I'm sure Spurs would have won last season tool not because of 3s but because the refs fucked them.

Hedo Turkolu suspended 20 games for steroid use LOLS man that must suck Chadwix. I'm an Orlando fan but if I didn't have the Knicks/Nets to root for (since Magic suck) I'd probably be fucking FURIOUS at the state Magic is in, especially with this steroid thing coming up and since Big Baby is out for a while with his broken foot or whatever.
    Im going to question the drug policies in the nba. Richard lewis fails a test mid series vs lebrauns cavs and doesnt get punished for 5 months (after new arena got approved, that one kinda makes sense). Hudu fails a drug test last summer and gets punished now when he is almost healthy.

Shouldnt you be pulled off the court immediately after failing a test?

Our franchise is a joke, i said it 10 pages ago, they suckered the fans into buying a new area and now liquidate the team because the building will sell tickets to housewives and other non basketball fans who want a night on the town. The sad part is that our minor league hockey team, arena football team and other acts that passed through town had no issues selling the old place out. They threaten to leave 3 years in a row, i wish they would just leave already.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-02-14 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that spurs game came down the the final seconds Lenard made s 3 point shot with seconds left (asst. from Parker) Kyrie missed the 20 foot jumper with 2 secs left in the game.

I heard about that shit Skars. Spurs are clutch.

You guys can't see this game but KNICKS CAN'T MAKE A FUCKING LAYUP. I swear, like 4 fast breaks have passed and the Knicks miss them all. Christ. Knicks are gonna lose to Raptors tonight.

I gotta check up on Nets and Denver.

Looks like Chicago will lose to Boston lol///////

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 09:58 PM ----------

LOL at this NBATV talker/announcer calling out the official so hard.

Edit: Yup Chicago lost. Low scoring game lol.

Edit: Oh shit Nets raped Denver too.
    Last edited by Blueobelisk; 2013-02-14 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Denver has been playing pretty decently as well that's a good win for the Nets Joe Johnson score what 25 points not bad for my boy from Little Rock.

Highest effective field goal percents are Miami, Spurs, Thunder and people wonder why those teams are so good.
    Last edited by Skarsguard; 2013-02-14 at 03:53 AM.

Denver has been playing pretty decently as well that's a good win for the Nets Joe Johnson score what 25 points not bad for my boy from Little Rock.

Highest effective field goal percents are Miami, Spurs, Thunder and people wonder why those teams are so good.
    Yea Miami especially. Everybody knows about Lebron's streak he has right now but less people seem to notice that in that same stretch Bosh is averaging 23.75 Points and shooting 63.6% from the field while Wade is averaging 24.67 Points, shooting 50.47%, and averaging 6.5 Rebounds and 6 Assists. They are all stupid efficient at the moment

They asked Michael Jordan who has a better career up to this point, Kobe or Lebron. MJ basically said "the way I see it, five is better than one."

I don't understand why so much emphasis is placed on rings/titles/championships. Sure, that's the main goal, but that doesn't diminish how good of a player you are. Chris Paul is still the best point guard in the league even though he has no titles, and I'd say he had a better career than some scrub bench player or whatever who got carried to a title. Wtf guys.

Rings matter because they're the reason you play the game. You don't play for 2nd place. If a player can't win the big one more than once then he should lose points for that. That said, LeBron is fucking great and I think he has the potential to pass Kobe (and MJ too) but you can't say LeBron's had a better career at this point just because he has more potential. Kobe's got 4 more rings and at least 4 more years of excellent regular-season play than LeBron. That's a fair assessment.

I'm just waiting for this regular season to be over. The only story worth following at this point is if the Lakers are gonna make the playoffs or not. The other teams that matter are pretty much locked in (Spurs, Clips, Thunder, Grizzlies, Heat, Knicks) and no one else is gonna be able to take those teams down besides each other. I still think the Lakers could pull it together if they actually made the playoffs, so that's all I'm interested in at this point.

Kobe has had a better career than Lebron though. Doesnt mean it will stay that way.

MJ will also have more respect for Kobe than Lebron because of Lebron leaving Cleveland to team up with Wade/Bosh in the offseason. Those old school type players see that as trying to take the easy way, trying to be friends with others rather than trying to beat them. You can disagree with it but I know its similar to MJ's thought process and players of his ilk.

15+ Year Old Account
    MJ will also have more respect for Kobe than Lebron because of Lebron leaving Cleveland to team up with Wade/Bosh in the offseason.
    I find this sentiment cute for a number of reasons:
    1) MJ doesn't respect fucking anybody
    2) MJ played with Pippen arguably one of the best defensive players ever and a top 10-20 guy in his era. Also to spite the super team theory one name, Toni Kukoc. Ridiculously highly touted Euro player who came over to play for the Bulls on a big contract that caused huge drama with the team because he made more than Scottie Pippen, an in his prime legend. LeBron spent his years toiling away with Mo Williams. Kobe played his career with Shaq, Big Shot, Gasol and Fischer. He spent like literally three years of his career without a legit Hall of Famer on his team from 05-07. If you were to layout a list of "best teammates" for Jordan, Kobe, and LeBron, how far do you get before you get to a pre-Heat era teammate for LeBron? 10th? (And yes I exclude broken down Shaq). And seriously, haven't we crushed the myth of the "super team" not existing back in the day yet? Sure free agency exploited it less, but look at every single good team, in a small league btw, they all had several HoF members. You couldn't win a title then without at least two best of their era guys and you can't now.
    3) MJ doesn't respect fucking anybody. He is a psychopath.

I think what you keep misunderstanding is the difference between good players being on one team and free agents all agreeing to sign on a team like its the same thing. Its not. And I dont know why you keep acting like it is. You can not care if you want, but some people do and Jordan is one of those people

Jordan quotes: "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team.' In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys. I'm a competitive guy and I like to play against competitive players and see what happens from there."

You can look at the teams.
    Bulls: Jordan drafted, Pippen drafted, Rodman traded.
    Spurs: Duncan drafted, Parker drafted, Ginobili drafted.
    Lakers: Shaq Free Agent, the same year Kobe was a draft day trade (practically like being drafted) also meaning he was essentially a nobody when they first got placed on the same team. Later Pau Gasol traded.
    OKC: Durant drafted, Westbrook drafted, Ibaka drafted.

Like I said you can choose to not care, just please stop acting like its the same thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah people love MJ and think Kobe and Lebron are selfish lulz Jordan is the biggest piece of garbage when it comes to attitude. I mean Charles Barkley is one of those guys you just love and MJ tore into him a few times on the Dream Team. IDK I bet Lebron doesn't have a HoF speech like Jordan's his will at least be respectful of his coaches and teammates and not just rip them apart.

Lebron did leave Cleveland so what I would have to Cleveland sucks and they wasn't even trying to get him any teammates worth a damn it would have been different if they would have gotten somebody besides a 50yr old shaq.

Yeah people love MJ and think Kobe and Lebron are selfish lulz Jordan is the biggest piece of garbage when it comes to attitude. I mean Charles Barkley is one of those guys you just love and MJ tore into him a few times on the Dream Team. IDK I bet Lebron doesn't have a HoF speech like Jordan's his will at least be respectful of his coaches and teammates and not just rip them apart.
    I'm with you here. Living in Chicago in can be hard to have this talk with people around me since a lot are like infatuated with Jordan but I always say Jordan was one of if the not the biggest asshole in the NBA. He was fortunate to avoid the social media frenzy that is today or I'm sure there'd be a lot more stories and quotes of him being a jerk.

Lebron did leave Cleveland so what I would have to Cleveland sucks and they wasn't even trying to get him any teammates worth a damn it would have been different if they would have gotten somebody besides a 50yr old shaq.
    To Cleveland's credit it wasnt for lack of trying. They constantly kept trying to get the next #2 guy every year to help Lebron as best they could. Mo Williams was supposed to do it, then Jamison, then Shaq etc. I think the biggest monkey wrench in their plans was when Boozer left to go to Utah, they had envisioned him and Lebron being the cornerstones of their team and Boozer even promised them he would stick around, yet bailed anyways and all they could replace him with was Drew Gooden.