Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cunning of the Cruel a Best in Slot for Spriets??? (Confusion)

Can someone explain to me why this is?

I thought it was only good for AOE packs... does it damage the target that you're currently focusing on as well?

Edit: I am aware that the damage it puts out is buffed by my talents / raid buffs.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

I thought it was only good for AOE packs... does it damage the target that you're currently focusing on as well?

Edit: I am aware that the damage it puts out is buffed by my talents / raid buffs.
    It hits its main target and when i saw the heroic one it scaled up to 32k damage before procs - thats pretty massive! I think it could be good single target if it procs enough.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Also it procs often since it goes off on dot ticks too, and since there are several fights with more than one unit the trinket could be exceptional. Not quite sure, I haven't tested it yet.

Edit, Apparently scales with bonus to shadow damage, which is a fairly large bonus when raid buffed.
    Last edited by SegenThePally; 2011-12-09 at 04:40 AM.
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

bosses with AoE; Yorsasj, gunship if you stack melee adds on a dragon, spine, madness.

madness being the important one, on heroic adds will be a real issue in p2(bloods that have to be killed before they reach him). it and the melee AoE trinket are amazing for AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

It hits your current target as well as anything in range of the volley. On a single target fight logs are showing it dealing 7-8% of the priest's damage; having adds to aoe is just icing on the cake. Imagine a VPLC that deals double damage and can cleave and you have our bis trinket.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was doing 10-11% of our SPriests' damage last night on Yorsahj HC.

It gets additional damage from Shadowform, which pushes it over the top for us.

Hope one drops for me before nerf!
    lol

Deleted
    Eesh *pray for drops*

It's amazing... that is all I have to say about it honestly... I got it sadly at the end of the raid night so I only got to mess with it doing LFR (and I didn't think to log for that) so I don't have any logs to show you, but it procs a lot and it definitely hits your main target. Not to mention that butt load of passive int is AWESOME One dropped during my LFR group and I found myself wishing I could use LFR version and the normal one

Deleted
    Just using the LFR version. it's doing about 50-100% more damage than heroic raggy trinket proc on a single target.

Yeah I finally did some messing around with it. The wording on the trinket is weird. It also hits the target you're currently damaging regardless of if there is more then 1 mob around it. This is what I was most concernd about.

Got the LFR version and it's pretty damned great. I can't wait to drop some dkp on the real version.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Deleted
    Ur making me jealous (Heroic blob boss will be down on Sunday so *pray it drops*)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw even the normal is better than heroic trinks so I trusted the list and bid big Sad Panda Points to get it.

I'm glad I did.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Sad Panda Points to get it.
    This was insanely funny to me, not sure why... but it made me giggle

15+ Year Old Account
    ZOMG need trinket

I want to see what it looks like though! Is it really throwing shadowbolt graphics at Every mob around us? that's freaking awesome!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This was insanely funny to me, not sure why... but it made me giggle
    My guild is Sad Panda....of course we're gonna have Sad Panda Points!

And yes, it is funny Arlee.

Here's my info from a long fight with the trink, although I'm not very good at being able to utilize this information. Maybe I should post it in fix my dps, I'm sure someone will notice something I can improve.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15237&e=16082
    Last edited by Pontificate; 2011-12-10 at 04:22 AM.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

See that trinket on action on a Demo lock and it was just so hilarious on its massive damage.

On ts3 we really started to lol hard when recount shown WAY higher damage from the trinket compared to the Tarecgosa.

Hope i'll get that beauty as well before its certain nerf (hoping class balance will get some work as well by then)

Couple things about this trinket.

-It seems to have a relatively high proc chance (you can expect it to proc almost as soon as the ICD is up)
    -It can proc off of dots
    -The AOE damage proc on the trinket scales with your spellpower
    -The proc from the trinket can crit
    -The ICD seems to be exactly 25 seconds

taken from wowhead

seems like sweet trinket to me H VLCP have been buffed by 3.3times(the lightning damage) but this trinket will be better on aoe fights
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!