Voters
372. This poll is closed
  • No it cannot be done

30 8.06%
  • People are Crazy Somebody will do it

342 91.94%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Someone will do it. Heck, now that 3 million people are expected, don't be surprised if Athene makes an account and does it. (With corresponding YouTube video to smack-talk the rest of the world.)

I personally don't like to tell other people how to play their game, if this is what they want, more power to them.

I personally won't be racing, but I will be going maximum speed without using spacebar I like to game "efficiently", that's part of my enjoyment of any game. But I won't sacrifice story to do it, at least not in SWTOR.

Deleted
    As they are not gonna let everyone with early access on at the same time, but rather spread out over several days, some will have more time than others making the whole first to max level not mean much. But most definitely someone will be max level before end of early access i have no doubt about that.
    Last edited by mmocb2358cdeee; 2011-12-09 at 12:34 PM.

It will take 5-6 days for the first 50. With the extended early access (7 days) there will probably be quite a few level 50's by the time of release.

Bioware's estimate of 200 hours probably includes the player listening to the voice acting for every quest. It's likely that most players will not do this, and will instead simply read the subtitles of most quests to get the story. On top of that, people who participated in the beta often don't even read the story since they've seen it before, further reducing the leveling time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Will Somebody hit Max Level During Early Access?
    Yep, but their spacebar may need to be replaced by the time they reach it.

Justin from Darthhater said it took him 1 week 3 days to full level to 50, that was like the 4th run through or something and he said he 'smashed his spacebar in' (also thats with grouping for extra exp)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Justin from Darthhater said it took him 1 week 3 days to full level to 50, that was like the 4th run through or something and he said he 'smashed his spacebar in' (also thats with grouping for extra exp)
    Easily doable then if you consider that the people after server firsts will rarely sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I've seen people pull off harder things so I'm sure it will be done...then a few days later they will find this guy probably dead from lack of sleep and too much mtn dew. Everyone should take their time with it, and enjoy the game. There's no trophy sent to your house for being first and no one will remember who was first in a few months.

Deleted
    it's 7 days plenty of people will hit 50 if they play 10 hours+ a day. On the beta i was level 26 in about 20-22 hours. It will slowdown but i wouldn't be suprised to see someone hit it in 3-4days if they don't sleep much. Personally i will take my time and just make sure that when i hit max level i am well prepared for ops

It's not just gonna be "someone" there will be plenty of level 50s by the end of the early access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    It's not just gonna be "someone" there will be plenty of level 50s by the end of the early access.
    Plenty of bored level 50s who then wonder why they rushed as they need a full operation for the endgame instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be waiting for the idiot QQ'ing in general that he didn't get his "Server First: 50" Achievement.....

15+ Year Old Account
    There will be quite a few by the end of early access I imagine, and good job for them because that is impressive. To all the nay-sayers and haters who toss insults at those who do because the speed levelers "missed the story/content"; I have one thing to say. The content will always, and I mean ALWAYS be there. Just because people enjoy leveling fast doesn't mean they are missing content. In fact they may have absolutely no interest in said content anyway. So please keep you sneers and jeers to yourself about the subject and let people enjoy playing the game(key word) how they would like to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    There will be quite a few by the end of early access I imagine, and good job for them because that is impressive. To all the nay-sayers and haters who toss insults at those who do because the speed levelers "missed the story/content"; I have one thing to say. The content will always, and I mean ALWAYS be there. Just because people enjoy leveling fast doesn't mean they are missing content. In fact they may have absolutely no interest in said content anyway. So please keep you sneers and jeers to yourself about the subject and let people enjoy playing the game(key word) how they would like to.
    Please keep you sneers and jeers to yourself about the subject and let people enjoy nay-saying the players how they would like to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    In fact they may have absolutely no interest in said content anyway. So please keep you sneers and jeers to yourself about the subject and let people enjoy playing the game(key word) how they would like to.
    Well why are they playing Swtor? they should play wow..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i hit lvl 28 in abt 9 hours gameplay.... it is possible to power to 50 in 30 hours gameplay.....

so yes i expect to see some hardcore person..... -.- getting there in a few days if not on the second day.
    I'm absolutely sure you're exaggerating enormously. Being a pretty fast leveler myself I wasn't anywhere near lvl 20 with 9 hours played.
    If you skip all the dialogues you need about 3-3,5h to become lvl 10.

Got myself to lvl 46 over the two beta weekends. Played about 60-70 hours on that char. Skipped a few side quest dialogues. At lvl 40 1 level took me about 2 hours. Skyrocketing with each subsequent level.

My bet is: ~60 hours for lvl 50 with skipping all of the dialogues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora View Post
    Well why are they playing Swtor? they should play wow..
    Pve endgame, crafting, friends, pvp, the race to 50 itself...

People are crazy. People will probably die from not eating etc before the game is even launched to the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

wasn't there a team of people during the thanksgiving beta that got like 6 people to 50 to try the first operation? I don't know if they were regular testers or not, but I remember hearing about them wiping alot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I have no idea how long it takes to level to 50, last I heard it was around 200 hours but I suppose that is with not skipping cutscenes and doing most all/most quests?

Anyway, if it's possible someone will do it.
    More like a 100 hours.

People are Crazy Somebody will do it.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    This would be the race where coming first means you lost?
    Nah, that's only for sex.