Shadow: Need Some Opinions..

Basically, I just got the staff off Madness (normal mode 403 ilevel).
    Before the staff I was using the Ragnaros mace + heroic Shannox off hand. I have been fooling around with stats and the best I can come up with seems to be:
    17.04% hit
    29.47% haste (I hate having it under 30% losing the extra VT tick)
    13.51 mastery
    11.89% crit
    This is all unbuffed

Is the staffs proc worth the huge stat losses? I am even having to use a few purified gems to reach hit cap.

Should I stick with the main hand off hand and have my stats optimized, or take the extra int + proc off staff?

Edit: Armory Link

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dowee/advanced
    Last edited by JHuggz; 2011-12-09 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHuggz View Post
    Basically, I just got the staff off Madness (normal mode 403 ilevel).
    Before the staff I was using the Ragnaros mace + heroic Shannox off hand. I have been fooling around with stats and the best I can come up with seems to be:
    17.04% hit
    29.47% haste (I hate having it under 30% losing the extra VT tick)
    13.51 mastery
    11.89% crit
    This is all unbuffed

Is the staffs proc worth the huge stat losses? I am even having to use a few purified gems to reach hit cap.

Should I stick with the main hand off hand and have my stats optimized, or take the extra int + proc off staff?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hadowee/simple

I am assuming this is you.. First I would begin by fixing your shoulder enchant to the epic one, and the gems from 40 agi to 40 int..
    Second if you really want to hit 2589 haste that badly, you could sacrifice a minor amount of hit rating in order to make it there, put a +20int/haste in an orange slot, get +65 haste to bracers, reforge your 2nd ring to have haste.

There really shouldn't be a huge dps loss by not hitting it, I'd recommend getting a warlock.. and making it far easier. Otherwise, upgrade a few other items and you will hit it naturally. Keep the 403 staff and nuke things

Edit: Not always perfect, but askmrrobot is a tremendous tool for getting a good baseline of what you should gem and enchant for your ideal dps output.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatirish View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hadowee/simple

I am assuming this is you.. First I would begin by fixing your shoulder enchant to the epic one, and the gems from 40 agi to 40 int..
    Second if you really want to hit 2589 haste that badly, you could sacrifice a minor amount of hit rating in order to make it there, put a +20int/haste in an orange slot, get +65 haste to bracers, reforge your 2nd ring to have haste.

There really shouldn't be a huge dps loss by not hitting it, I'd recommend getting a warlock.. and making it far easier. Otherwise, upgrade a few other items and you will hit it naturally. Keep the 403 staff and nuke things

Edit: Not always perfect, but askmrrobot is a tremendous tool for getting a good baseline of what you should gem and enchant for your ideal dps output.
    Lol a few things here:

1: I failed and got agi gems. Those are fixed.
    2: After posting i reforged the ring to haste. Still at 29.91% though. I guess with the 65 haste bracer enchant I'll make it though.
    3: Epic shoulder enchant is close but after main switching I just haven't gotten around to farming the full rep.

As for the warlock.. 10 mans =[

Quote Originally Posted by JHuggz View Post
    Lol a few things here:

1: I failed and got agi gems. Those are fixed.
    2: After posting i reforged the ring to haste. Still at 29.91% though. I guess with the 65 haste bracer enchant I'll make it though.
    3: Epic shoulder enchant is close but after main switching I just haven't gotten around to farming the full rep.

As for the warlock.. 10 mans =[
    Well hopefully that should just push you over the threshold.. I would personally lose a bunch of the spirit for straight up int gems.

I think it's silly to base your gear around having to have 2589 haste rating at all costs, particularly when that cost is Int. If you look at Kilee's work on how haste scales it never exceeds Int. You might be able to come up with a few select cases where it might be worth it but it's more likely that you are shooting yourself in the foot.

I'd stick to the gemming strategy of all Int and only match sockets when they give 2:1 secondary to int stats.

This is what I would do
    1. Get the epic shoulder enchant, no reason why you shouldn't have access to this.
    2. Gem pure int in all your red sockets, purified in your blue sockets and reckless in your yellow sockets.
    3. Enchant your bracers to 50 Int.
    4. Make the following reforges: Shoulders - crit -> spirit/hit, Infernal Signent of the Avengers - hit -> mastery, Cyrstaline Brimstone Ring - mastery -> spirit/hit, Wand - haste -> spirit.

This will put you at 2378 haste, put you flush on the hit cap with 983 mastery & 134 crit and give you an extra 150 Int (before buffs).

Then you can make a decision about trying to optimise what level of haste you currently have. It may be wise to trade in the haste enchants on your hands/feet for mastery & movement speed until you can reach 2579 again. You could also trade in some hit for haste but I personally wouldn't and if I did I wouldn't do more than 1% worth of hit (ie 16% hit is as low as I would go ~ 100 rating). If you were 2479 for example I'd probably trade that 100 hit rating for haste.

Doing this would improve your DPS in my opinion by a significant amount.