Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    I don't require an overload of customization with my UI, but you really need to be able to see all your buttons on screen at all times. This is so important. Even Rift had that functionality.

I am in shock here. I don't think I can play the game until something is done about it. I had my hopes up really high for this game. I guess I'll check back later...
    Umm you do realize that you can have 4 action bars plus a fair chunk of your pets bar at the same time right?... If you need more then 48 spells/items/gear on your action bars at any one time you may want to look at cleaning up your action bars... or did you think the UI only supported 1 bar with 12 slots?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    The Training Saber is based on see: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_training_saber

For the UI the Devs have said that Addons will be included after launch. They want the client, servers, and game to run as smooth as possible at launch addons can cause unforeseen errors.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2011-12-10 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Umm you do realize that you can have 4 action bars plus a fair chunk of your pets bar at the same time right?... If you need more then 48 spells/items/gear on your action bars at any one time you may want to look at cleaning up your action bars... or did you think the UI only supported 1 bar with 12 slots?
    Your post seems to possibly conflict with a previous poster.

Can I place 4 action bars on my screen to mimic the rows of keys on a keyboard. This allows me to have a visualization of my keyboard macros on my screen. This is what it really comes down to.

I was imagining 1 action bar that flips from Action Bar 1 to how every many action bars they have by hitting the scroll up and down buttons on the UI just like a rolodex. This is how the original WoW action bar UI works.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can have 2 action bars at the bottom of the screen with another action bar on the left side of screen and another action bar on right side of screen.

Watch some flashpoint videos. Especially of a healer. You'll see that the UI isn't bad at all. Not just action bars, but nameplates, target of target, debuffs and buffs are all clean.

I'm a 6 year veteran of WoW and have used both the clean UI and also a drastically modded UI (as well as various modded/unmodded UI's in other MMO's). The TOR UI is fine to start with - anyone whining that it is unplayable needs to get a grip. It is a really simple, clean set up. However, I do hope they get the UI stuff patched in within a month or two. Anything else would be too slow. I'm expecting some pretty major content releases from them in the first few months though - I think most MMO developers (other than Blizzard) have learned from Rift's moderate success which was heavily due to them releasing "major" content rapidly. And of course people will now come in this thread and tell us all how TOR sucks and we'll wait months for a patch with anything meaningful. All I can say to that is: who cares. If they do that they are really only hurting themselves. I would be very surprised if they added no content for ages, like Blizzard, but I just don't see it happening.

Yeah, the UI is decent. Only thing I am missing is some sort of aura functionality.

I think of it this way. Bioware are launching a new game. They want this to be as smooth as possible. Why on earth would they risk having 1000 addons conflicting with this smooth launch just for the sake of a different UI or other such things?

I know people that still play WoW after 7 years that have never used a UI mod, or a Bag mod. I couldn't manage it, but they can.

And I would seriously worry if non-customisable UI (on launch) is a reason not to buy a game...that's just...silly

Deleted
    The UI right now is completely sufficient for play, they are working on making it more customizable but that was not a main focus as you can simply play the game right now as it is. They focused on the right stuff, to make a nice fun game, the details like customizable UI will come with time.

The only elements missing from the UI are target of target frames and moveable frames.

Everything else you need is there. No, you cant have one sweeping row at the bottom of the screen like WoW default UI.

I personally don't mind to UI in TOR. It seems like they styled it like a lot of "post your UI" people do. That is with the bars in the middle of the screen with open space around the edges.

Look at it like this, if you were able to play WoW with the default UI for even a moment, you should be fine with TOR UI till mods start showing up.

Deleted
    tbh they do need more bars really, I used 1 side bar for my companion (since it wasn't all spells that I wanted used all the time, and it is the same bar as the coverbar is so it doesn't really matter), other sidebar for consumebles 2 bars for spells used in combat.

On the side not, that really annoyed me too was, if you was an operative, couldn't you have 1 mainbar setup as dps and then click on the arrow and use the next bar as healing setup since that would be the coverbar if all bars was on they need to fix that at least

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stokbaek View Post

On the side not, that really annoyed me too was, if you was an operative, couldn't you have 1 mainbar setup as dps and then click on the arrow and use the next bar as healing setup since that would be the coverbar if all bars was on they need to fix that at least
    You can put your healing abilities on the 2nd shift bar (You can roll around 10 bars or so where you first initial bar is, press the arrow or use the hotkey). The Cover bar is an additional bar, it activates when you use cover and simply places itself on the first main bar in the middle. You can turn off the cover bar in the settings too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exes View Post
    You can put your healing abilities on the 2nd shift bar (You can roll around 10 bars or so where you first initial bar is, press the arrow or use the hotkey). The Cover bar is an additional bar, it activates when you use cover and simply places itself on the first main bar in the middle. You can turn off the cover bar in the settings too.
    I used coverbar for solo, and no I couldn't used the arrow when I tried, I could if I took 1 of the sidebars off though, might have been a bug then

Quote Originally Posted by Clash1 View Post
    Your post seems to possibly conflict with a previous poster.

Can I place 4 action bars on my screen to mimic the rows of keys on a keyboard. This allows me to have a visualization of my keyboard macros on my screen. This is what it really comes down to.

I was imagining 1 action bar that flips from Action Bar 1 to how every many action bars they have by hitting the scroll up and down buttons on the UI just like a rolodex. This is how the original WoW action bar UI works.
    No, you can have 4 bars at a time (1 left side 1 right side, and 2 bottom), then yes of course you can also have multiple set ups on your main bottom bar... much like WoW but just with 4 bars rather then 5 bars. I played back in vanilla and I am fairly certain even back then in WoW you could have your bottom, bottom left, bottom right, and 2 right side bars, plus the scroll through able ones on the main bottom bar.

As for contradicting with another post I am assuming you mean
    Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Basically SWTOR right now only has the default UI options. And it works like WoW's default UI with absolutely no addons

Bioware says they are going add the ability to have UI addons later after release.
    but its not contradicting he just didn't explain what he meant by "default UI options" well... you can have 4 bars on screen at any time but they are currently not movable, re sizable, etc its just bar on or bar off as far as UI options.
    Last edited by Hockeyhacker; 2011-12-10 at 06:07 PM.