Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    He should stick to praying for rain and drop out of the race.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like another "oops" moment form Rick Parry

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    LOL so being a bigot against religion is ok, but not homosexuality? (I understand the video is a joke)

Someone please list here what one is allowed to be bigoted against and what isn't.
    Exactly. The reaction against the video and this topic alone just make Rick Perry's point stronger.
    I don't know about the guy at all, but I know to admire a man who has the balls to stand by his faith and beliefs against any form of criticism, admire his conviction even if what he believes in is wrong.

Now, I may have seen a different video than everyone else, but his Strong ad doesn't seem to ever say being gay is wrong. He may personally think it, but the ad never said it. I think his ad actually said it is wrong when being openly gay is accepted but being open about your faith isn't, which is, once again judging by all the bigotry in this topic and the reactions his message has had (and specially the video with the bigoted atheist that was linked) absolutely correct.

Nothing to see here, just more double standards and hypocrisy from the so called "open minded" as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Exactly. The reaction against the video and this topic alone just make Rick Perry's point stronger.
    I don't know about the guy at all, but I know to admire a man who has the balls to stand by his faith and beliefs against any form of criticism, admire his conviction even if what he believes in is wrong.

Now, I may have seen a different video than everyone else, but his Strong ad doesn't seem to ever say being gay is wrong. He may personally think it, but the ad never said it. I think his ad actually said it is wrong when being openly gay is accepted but being open about your faith isn't, which is, once again judging by all the bigotry in this topic and the reactions his message has had (and specially the video with the bigoted atheist that was linked) absolutely correct.

Nothing to see here, just more double standards and hypocrisy from the so called "open minded" as usual.
    You admire a hatemonger?

And I can't reply any further to your post since you cannot talk about religion on these forums which is exactly what you are doing.

Funny, because guess what: Christianity isn't religion. Oh sure, it's a religion, but it's not the only religion in America, much less the world. So I honestly don't see how the hell anyone pointing out his pontificating and his obvious pandering to the religious right is "being a bigot towards religion" when in all honesty, the people he's pandering to are the true bigots towards religion, since they're the ones who want a theocratic government that forces their religion onto everyone under them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 6:5
    "When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.
    So, according to Christianity, Perry himself is one of the hypocrites who deserves nothing but scorn. I agree with that sentiment entirely.

Now, I may have seen a different video than everyone else, but his Strong ad doesn't seem to ever say being gay is wrong. He may personally think it, but the ad never said it.
    I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m a Christian, but you don’t need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there’s something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military
    It's right there in black and white.
    Last edited by Cradix; 2011-12-09 at 02:51 PM.

This one sentence summed up what I was trying to say

And here is a great example
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradix View Post
    Funny, because guess what: Christianity isn't religion. Oh sure, it's a religion, but it's not the only religion in America, much less the world. So I honestly don't see how the hell anyone pointing out his pontificating and his obvious pandering to the religious right is "being a bigot towards religion" when in all honesty, the people he's pandering to are the true bigots towards religion, since they're the ones who want a theocratic government that forces their religion onto everyone under them.
    This poster doesn't even realize they put all Christians into one bucket and demeaned them. There is no way to have meaningful discussion when people come to the table with just as radical views and they think they are trying to shoot down.

They day of respecting different opinions are gone. When you do not agree you make comments like this poster. Once again I am not a Perry supporter but you are saying that he "want a theocratic government that forces their religion onto everyone under them"

Either you need to re-watch or you are distorting the comment to make your point, which both are dishonest. But sadly this is was passes as honest discussion these days.
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2011-12-09 at 02:50 PM.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, that's it. I've already had to close a thread on this video once. Since people can't seem to follow the rules and keep the discussion of religion out of it, I'm closing this one.