Any SWG pre-NGE players here?

Hello, i just want to ask if someone like myself is attracted by this game and will play it at launch.

Nothing will ever be for me like SWG, but i found the atmosphere here that brings me memories of the game of my heart.

I used to play on Bloodfin, Rebel side, SAF guild localized in the city of Ilbona.

Share your thoughts

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I played SWG since launch until WoW came out. Then I played both simultaneously until 2 weeks after NGE. NGE was literally the worst thing ever happened in an MMO. Pre-CU was fun, the only thing I did was PvP since you very well know there was no PvE endgame whatsoever. Crafting was fun and literally a stroke of genius.

I have good memories of SWG but that's what they are, good memories and nostalgia and no, I would NEVER want SWG 2.0.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    Well, I played SWG since launch until WoW came out. Then I played both simultaneously until 2 weeks after NGE. NGE was literally the worst thing ever happened in an MMO. Pre-CU was fun, the only thing I did was PvP since you very well know there was no PvE endgame whatsoever. Crafting was fun and literally a stroke of genius.

I have good memories of SWG but that's what they are, good memories and nostalgia and no, I would NEVER want SWG 2.0.
    I loved PvP.

I used to be a Squad Leader for a while, and all i had to do was shouting like a girl and then die
    I remember Combat Medics were very difficult to kill.

I loved to assault imperial strongholds and then fight occasionals Empire players after a while

And yeah, NGE brought the death of the game for me.

Deleted
    Yea i played Pre-NGE. Loved so much about that game, sadly SOE decided to ruin it big time, had almost just completed the force sensitive stuff and become a jedi and then that shit happened

Loved the crafting though, really a great system. Loved the fact that almost all traded items were playermade and therefor also a totally player controlled economy. Being able to play the game without no combat whatsoever, just being a natural crafter was so genius. I had somehow hoped that SWTOR had taken more of the same approach to crafting from SWG than WoW.

Yep, EU-Chimaera rebel side.

I loved that game, but I've known for a long time that this one would be a themepark and got over the initial disappointment quickly so that I could start looking forward to what is at least a solid MMO with a strong narative and frikkin lightsabers!

Kyuss Unida, Ahazi
    Archiv Amocki, EU-Chimaera... was also reb, was in Smugglers Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyConqueror View Post
    Hello, i just want to ask if someone like myself is attracted by this game and will play it at launch.

Nothing will ever be for me like SWG, but i found the atmosphere here that brings me memories of the game of my heart.

I used to play on Bloodfin, Rebel side, SAF guild localized in the city of Ilbona.

Share your thoughts
    Sort of off-topic, but not really:

SWG servers are turned off permanently Dec 15th. This is not a coincidence, they are hoping that the loyal players from SWG will come over to SWTOR.

So, likely you might see some of your old friends here