Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Women are the more sensitive sex.

Deleted
    "I love you, too."

10+ Year Old Account
    my gf and i lied to her parents about having an abortion.
    we told them it was rejected on its own.
    i doubt i'll tell a bigger lie in my life.

funny thing is, i wanted us to keep it, and she didnt ='(

<Snip>

Well I lied to my first Girlfriend about what i did for a living as when I met her in a bar I didn't want a serious relationship and just a one night stand; (told her I was in the navy when I'm an uni tutor) and kept up the charade for 4 months... turns out she didn't really care that much and we stayed together for 5 more months after that
    BTW
    IK it was terrible and I feel horrible about it; infact since that occasion I can't think of anything that has been any worse than a white lie.
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

spilled a bottle of water allover my mom's macbook pro, got away with it. somehow the technicians said that some card in it of some sort had broken (i was like ''what the?:...thank god!'') xD

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    spilled a bottle of water allover my mom's macbook pro, got away with it. somehow the technicians said that some card in it of some sort had broken (i was like ''what the?:...thank god!'') xD
    Pro Tip: they have no idea what they are talking about.

Went to the mac store in Southern QLD asked the "genuis bar" what the mh/z rate on the ram for their desktop was... no one in THE WHOLE STORE knew what mh/z even was....

EDIT: to be more truthful the exact question was

"what is the clock rate for the desktop over there *pointing*"
    CPU: i7 3930k@4.4 Mobo: Rampage IV X79 RAM: 32GB Ripjaw @ 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA 780ti SC SSD: 128GB M4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

Dude, Im sorry /comfort-hug
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Yes that is true but do you really think that everyone will read the FAQ before posting? cause i dont think more than 50% of this forum has ever opend the FAQ thread.
    Ignorance is no excuse. The FAQ is right there and everyone is encouraged to read it fully when creating an account (If I remember rightly). Common sense also encourages reading the rules.

To be on topic, I haven't done any huge lies as far as I'm aware. I've done some little ones, obviously (Who hasn't lied in this day and age?), but nothing major. I value telling the truth quite highly, and will only lie about stuff that either doesn't matter, or when the truth will actually hurt more than the lie.

I suppose the biggest lie I've told is one that worked out pretty well in the end. A friend of mine loves singing, but never had the confidence to record herself doing it (or even sing in front of ANYONE). After months of coaxing she finally sent me a recorded song. The recording quality was terrible and I could barely hear her voice, but naturally I said it was brilliant and she should keep doing it.

6 years later, she's an incredible singer, far better than most successful artists out there; she's also a brilliant music editor, and organises regular collaborations on many different websites in order to help other low-confidence individuals find their voice.

So I'd say that lie worked out pretty well.

Deleted

Damn that's fkin sad, sorry about that. But once again proving my theory that lying makes the world better... If you had been honest you would immediately break up and her parents would be heart broken and possibly would reject her. So well handled under the terrible circumstances.

Biggest lie... biggest lie...

I can't believe I actually have to think about this. I lie fairly often. Not because I do bad things, but to get out of social situations.
    Hmm. I guess the biggest lie I've ever told is *and I'm not trying to bash a religion here, seeing a few infractions in here, so just saying* that I was religious in order to hook up with a girl I liked and was a friend of from a few years back. This lie started about 7 years ago and I'm still lying about it to this day. Occasionally.

Although the lie has gone from "I'm wanting to get a girl" to "Okay this was a bad idea. I feel really uncomfortable with all this."
    I still keep up a lie about..uh.. Well I forget what it was that I made up to break up with her, but yeah.

Lying to my parents about not being gay, does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    And that is the biggest lie he ever told, folks.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Everybody lies. There are no exceptions.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Size doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyvanna View Post
    It was an example, and wether hair looks good or not is up to personal preferences. White lies doesn't harm anyone. I tell lies to make people feel better (would you go tell a dying man he was dying, or tell him there's hope even if there isn't?), and every now and then I tell lies to get myself out of bad situations. Or others.
    There's a fine line between lying and lying.
    I would absolutely tell a dying man he was dying.

Reality is reality, don't treat it like a playground.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I swear this is the first time it's happened"

No only joking, in all honesty I might lie on a regular basis like most people but none of its really big stuff. I guess the biggest would be;
    Mum: Do you smoke?
    Me: No of course not
    About 20 times so far she's asked...pretty sure she knows but I'll never admit it because that way I avoid an awkward conversation.

Biggest lie ever told?

The Holocaust.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-12-09 at 01:37 PM.
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

That's a hard one to keep up. I wouldn't even tell them she was pregant.
    I always wonder what parents gonna say about if if they finaly find out...

One of mine bigger once,
    I told some girl I like little pussies and she taught I meant those horrible animales, so I had to lie I liked them. and she had a new born cat and I had to be nice and stuff like that to it. But it was hard but I got my stuff where I was after ^^(Or i lost it depens which way you look at it :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I would absolutely tell a dying man he was dying.

Reality is reality, don't treat it like a playground.
    That's pretty harsh to be honest, you shouldn't think like that. If there was a dying man I'd try to give him as much hope as possible, because who knows, sometimes people who think they can get better have a better chance at actually doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HatsHatsHats View Post
    Biggest lie ever told?

The Holocaust.
    Dude.... you should see some pro's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods real
    (10 chars)

<Infracted>