10+ Year Old Account

View Distance + Envrionment Detail (images)

Looking to crank out a little more graphical detail from my WoW Experience:

Currently my settings are:
    Code:
    /console overridefarclip 1
    /console farclip 12500
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console skyCloudLod 3
    /console ffxGlow 1
    /console environmentDetail 1000
    /console groundEffectDensity 2560
    /console groundEffectDist 600
    /console groundEffectFade 1277
    Screenshot:
    Orgrimar from above with UI

Orgrimar from above without UI

Character is fully zoomed in (so I don't see my own character) and at the flyable height ceiling in Swift Flight Form just before the gates of Orgrimar.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-12-09 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Is that higher than the actual ultra settings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Is that higher than the actual ultra settings?
    Think so.
    These are the settings according the wow Options menu:

I'm unsure of the actual max settings for each of the options. But I want to get a higher draw distance.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-12-09 at 05:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not possible to look farther, iv searched it a whole week.
    Maybe the limit is on the exe itself.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

There is an addon called TweakWoW that allows you to do these sort of things between other .cfg options ingame.
    Try it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    here's also a nice thread to bump up your graphics in WoW http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aphic-Settings

Why is your farclip set to 6226?

Both my brother and I get no effect past 1250, which is normal UI's Ultra setting.

trust me theres ways of seeing further,. i can set mine to see from top of mount hyjal down to uldum

Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post
    trust me theres ways of seeing further,. i can set mine to see from top of mount hyjal down to uldum
    Whenever someone says "trust me" you know to do the exact opposite.
    You've got a way to circumvent the hard-coded restriction? then prove it. Share those "ways" with us. Being obtuse or cryptic really doesn't make you more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    There is an addon called TweakWoW that allows you to do these sort of things between other .cfg options ingame.
    Try it out.
    Just tried that, it's not bad... but its rather out of date... and I actually get better results from my macro.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    here's also a nice thread to bump up your graphics in WoW http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aphic-Settings
    This is the thread I have been reffering to for the various settings.

Quote Originally Posted by FusRoWoodChuck View Post
    Why is your farclip set to 6226?

Both my brother and I get no effect past 1250, which is normal UI's Ultra setting.
    horizonfarclip != farclip. They are different settings.

farclip - Set detailed draw distance; sets the fog distance. Only terrain will be visible past this distance.
    horizonfarclip - Set draw distance for the horizon (terrain). When larger than farclip, will show 'shadows' of terrain in the distance.
    horizonfarclip - Set draw distance for terrain closest to you.
    It is possible that horizonfarclip has been depreciated (these are macros I tweaked from ones I had in BC.)

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 02:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post
    I don't want to trust... I want to experience.. So give over :-) and share details of how!

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    horizonfarclip != farclip. They are different settings.
    Sorry, I copied the wrong number. But my point still stands in reference to 12500.

I get NO result if I change the number beyond the Ultra's 1250. I do get an effect if I change it UNDER 1250, so it's clearly working. I tried redoing /console farclipoverride 1 just to make sure.

I asked my brother to try and his results are the same, any number works up to the Ultra's 1250, then nothing beyond that.

I even tried your macro up top, and while it did change my Ground effect density and distance, it does nothing for my farclip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I copied the wrong number. But my point still stands in reference to 12500.

I get NO result if I change the number beyond the Ultra's 1250. I do get an effect if I change it UNDER 1250, so it's clearly working. I tried redoing /console farclipoverride 1 just to make sure.

I asked my brother to try and his results are the same, any number works up to the Ultra's 1250, then nothing beyond that.

I even tried your macro up top, and while it did change my Ground effect density and distance, it does nothing for my farclip.
    Whupps... can you say "typo" but yeah, your right there is no visable difference as far as I have been able to tell with any setting above 1250 (hence posting here :P if it was as easy as changing a single value that I have already been changing I'd be pretty thick posting for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Whupps... can you say "typo" but yeah, your right there is no visable difference as far as I have been able to tell with any setting above 1250 (hence posting here :P if it was as easy as changing a single value that I have already been changing I'd be pretty thick posting for help.
    It sucks, I'm pretty damn sure that the old farclip console settings could go well beyond the current 1250 cap, I know that I could go high enough during TBC that I couldn't see any draw distance fog. The same is definitely not the case now, I can see it easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks, I'm pretty damn sure that the old farclip console settings could go well beyond the current 1250 cap, I know that I could go high enough during TBC that I couldn't see any draw distance fog. The same is definitely not the case now, I can see it easily.
    Yeah used to be able to get some truely amazing visuals in Hellfire, Nagrand and Zangarmarsh. I can't imagine though that blizzard would intentionally make these impossible to achive anymore though. (Which kinda buggs me becuase now I have a system capable of getting the visuals I want. But the game wont let me! )

Blizzard did in fact make this intentionally unavailable since BC. To have a birds eye overview of all units in BGs, arenas and world pvp in general was not what they intended. In fact it was so good on some of the newer machines, it was far outperforming special abilities in game which were supposed to give you unique far viewing abilities like Hawk Eye and Mind Vision. So they axed it.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2011-12-09 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Blizzard did in fact make this intentionally unavailable since BC. To have a birds eye overview of all units in BGs, arenas and world pvp in general was not what they intended. In fact it was so good on some of the newer machines, it was far outperforming special abilities in game which were supposed to give you unique far viewing abilities like Hawk Eye and Mind Vision. So they axed it.
    I don't remember EVER seeing anyone using either of those abilities except to guide people through instances.... or becuase they litterally had nothing else to do.

When I was bored one day, I sat in 1k needles, and used Far Sight all the way up to Orgrimmar, could see people out front dueling, but it was laggy as hell. Can't do it anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Ummm. No you couldn't. Draw Distance only shows terrain, players and objective nodes are drawn in a different method, I believe something like Object Distance or something to that effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    DistCull - Sets distance for culling of objects near farclip
    I think?

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 11:32 PM ----------

Here is the actual macro I used:

Code:
    /console gxTextureCacheSize 1024
    /console gxApi D3D11
    /console shadowTextureSize 2048
    /console shadowMode 3
    /console environmentDetail 1000
    /console groundEffectDensity 2560
    /console groundEffectDist 600
    /console groundEffectFade 1277

/console overridefarclip 1
    /console farclip 1250
    /console horizonfarclip 6226
    /console skyCloudLod 3
    /console spellEffectLevel 25
    /console waterDetail 3
    /console ffxGlow 1
    /console sunshafts 2

/console smallcull 0
    /console skycloudlod 3
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console extshadowquality 0
    /console unitDrawDist 150
    If anyone could advise of the actual maximum values for any of these that'd be awesome!