Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd love to watch through dbz but the dubbed version seems to lack emotion and the jap version has goku voiced by a crazy old lady

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    The Freeza fight lasted barely a couple of hours , and DBZ was by far THE BEST series I have ever , and will ever watch . I feel sorry for you if you can't stand a couple hours of pure awesomeness .
    Even as a fan you should admit that the Freeza fight was incredibly drawn out. Oh no, Namek is gonna blow in 5 minutes -> 10 episodes later and the fight was finally over. And that was just the last part of the fight where goku already achieved super saiyan. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Even as a fan you should admit that the Freeza fight was incredibly drawn out. Oh no, Namek is gonna blow in 5 minutes -> 10 episodes later and the fight was finally over. And that was just the last part of the fight where goku already achieved super saiyan. xD
    shows that the concept of the series of 24, already been made before its time.

On topic. DBMMO already exists, tried it to download been stuck for a while back then so i quitted it. Needs korean or taiwan as both have thier own clients. For getting in there you need a account wich you just ask on random taiwanees / korean site if people would help you with info. it does have a english patch, but do not think everytinh is read. only basics Like "character" and "help" are translated. Did look like fun. As in a concept where you trael back in time to battle along side the story. Closest to saiyan is a human aswell you are further in the future and pure saiyans already gone to extinct
    Last edited by mmoc7c0806276b; 2011-12-10 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    This is pretty fair, frieza even says later in the fight that he was suprised how long the planet was holding but, but how 5 minutes turned into an hour or 2 is still beyond me, or perhaps frieza is just a sensationalizing freak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    I own every episode on DvD, of DB and DBZ and I love the show but I don't know if "best ever" really qualifies. If you like anime, their are some other series that would like to meet you.
    oooh could you tell me some really nice ones i could watch?

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jdman View Post
    This is pretty fair, frieza even says later in the fight that he was suprised how long the planet was holding but, but how 5 minutes turned into an hour or 2 is still beyond me, or perhaps frieza is just a sensationalizing freak.
    hehe reminds me of goku ariving on namek in 15 min and like 8 episodes later he still flying in space.
    btw not sure but i think it took less episodes for bulma and rest to get to namek in the much slower namekian spaceship
    Last edited by mmocbdf5b86a98; 2011-12-10 at 01:11 PM.

The Dragonball anime was horrid.. I wouldn't mind watching it if there was a cut version (Never investigated)

The Dragonball books on the other hand, were AWESOME(!), I've read them all several times and the humor is brilliant and the fighting scenes are short and sweet like they should have been in the anime, for example, a guy charging up could take as little as one page, where in the anime it could take minutes.. Much better put together.

I consider myself a DB fan, so I would definately give the MMO a try if it comes to Europe
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Quote Originally Posted by dulci5 View Post
    The Dragonball anime was horrid.. I wouldn't mind watching it if there was a cut version (Never investigated)

The Dragonball books on the other hand, were AWESOME(!), I've read them all several times and the humor is brilliant and the fighting scenes are short and sweet like they should have been in the anime, for example, a guy charging up could take as little as one page, where in the anime it could take minutes.. Much better put together.

I consider myself a DB fan, so I would definately give the MMO a try if it comes to Europe
    Dragonball Z kai is pretty much a straight manga adaptation, they cut out some of the filler completely, lessened the charging things to be much better, and left some things (like blood) uncensored.

Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    The Freeza fight lasted barely a couple of hours , and DBZ was by far THE BEST series I have ever , and will ever watch . I feel sorry for you if you can't stand a couple hours of pure awesomeness .
    I think I just found a new bro...

Oh, and as for the whole 5 minutes thing with Namek blowing up. Not only is Frieza surprised it doesn't blow up in 5 minutes, but Goku mocks Frieza claiming that he was too scared to blow it up so he held back too much power. So it's not like they don't address it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been waiting years for them to bring over that Korean MMO. It looks pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    I've been waiting years for them to bring over that Korean MMO. It looks pretty fun.
    i gave up hope a while back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The longest power up scene in DBZ is 5 minutes long, and that's when Goku goes SS3. Also, the characters don't shoot fireballs, they shoot ki blasts, which scientifically speaking, are probably closer to blasts of bio-electricity than anything else.

Anywho, on topic. I've seen some gameplay for the game, read a bit about it concerning the story, and it looks okay. It doesn't look amazing, but Akira Toriyama is actually working on it, so honestly, if they release it in the states, I will absolutely be getting it. It may only be mediocre as an MMO, but come on, it's DBZ!!!

Concerning lore, I believe it's a few hundred years after GT. So it's likely the only original DBZ characters that we'll be seeing are Master Roshi and Goku. Though if we go to other world or back in time, there are obviously no limits.
    Didn't the spirit bomb take like 3 episodes
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    Didn't the spirit bomb take like 3 episodes
    He is trying to get all technical X.X

Just because they only showed 5 min of actually charging, they still stretched it across multiple episodes with all the talking, flashbacks, etc. Thats what the joke is about. DBZ was guilty of spending 10 episodes of build up for one incident. I heard they the DBZ they are showing on TV now has been recut but the original airing (in the States) was notorious for drawn out scenes.

In a DBZ MMORPG it would take 4 hours to get to the next zone .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The longest power up scene in DBZ is 5 minutes long, and that's when Goku goes SS3. Also, the characters don't shoot fireballs, they shoot ki blasts, which scientifically speaking, are probably closer to blasts of bio-electricity than anything else.

Anywho, on topic. I've seen some gameplay for the game, read a bit about it concerning the story, and it looks okay. It doesn't look amazing, but Akira Toriyama is actually working on it, so honestly, if they release it in the states, I will absolutely be getting it. It may only be mediocre as an MMO, but come on, it's DBZ!!!

Concerning lore, I believe it's a few hundred years after GT. So it's likely the only original DBZ characters that we'll be seeing are Master Roshi and Goku. Though if we go to other world or back in time, there are obviously no limits.
    Have you even watched the show, I remember charging up that big ball against Freeza alone took like 30+mins spread over 3 episodes...and cell transforming after eating some droid took 20 mins spread over 2 episodes.

The anime was great and I welcome to remasterded version...they cut so much powering up that there are 50-100 episodes less with the same content.

10+ Year Old Account
    LEVEL 10!!!!!

One Screaming point earned....

You have learned a new spell, Yell and shout: makes you glow, and wastes 3 episodes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Have you even watched the show, I remember charging up that big ball against Freeza alone took like 30+mins spread over 3 episodes...and cell transforming after eating some droid took 20 mins spread over 2 episodes.

The anime was great and I welcome to remasterded version...they cut so much powering up that there are 50-100 episodes less with the same content.
    For starters, I have seen the series, in fact I guarantee I've seen more DBZ than anyone else on mmo-champion. You're sort of right about the spirit bomb, but not really.

Goku begins charging it at the end of episode 92 "Trump Card", in episode 93 "Keep the Chance Alive!!" he finishes charging it, he then fires it at the beginning of episode 94 "Power of the Spirit".

However, Goku's total screen time during the actual charging of the spirit bomb is pretty low, about 5 minutes I'd say. A lot of the time spent in those episodes are random unrelated scenes, such as the Ginyu Force being fought on King Kai's planet, and Chi Chi getting ready to go to Namek.

Cell's transformations are extremely short after the actual absorption, so I don't even know what you're getting at there. Also, the remastered version of DBZ cuts nothing out at all. You're likely thinking of DBZ Kai, the remake. And while that does cut power up scenes somewhat, that's not the main thing it cuts.

It cuts out the majority of the filler arcs and scenes. Vegeta and Nappa never go to Arlia, they cut away from the fight with Frieza less, the Ginyu Force never shows up on King Kai's planet, the Garlic Jr saga never happens, it never shows Goku get his driver's license, (even though I can prove that him having a driver's license is canon), and these are just a few of the filler arcs and scenes that are cut.

They also cut out seasons 7-9, no Great Saiyaman-Kid Buu sagas. They also cut the actual fighting by quite a bit. If you compare Goku vs Frieza, (post super saiyan) scene by scene, they actually cut almost half of the fighting.

So no, it's not the same content, not even close.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-10 at 11:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    I'd love to watch through dbz but the dubbed version seems to lack emotion and the jap version has goku voiced by a crazy old lady
    Lacks emotion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwAqVV6hvj4

Best goddamn screams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Lacks emotion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwAqVV6hvj4

Best goddamn screams ever.
    Also, when Sean Schemmel did the voice acting for Goku going SS3 in front of Fat Buu, even though the screaming is cut in the actual show, they recorded that all at once. And I mean all at once, he did that whole scream in one breath, after he was done, he passed out, woke up, and passed out again.

His screams are so real he passes out twice!

Edit: Bye for now, going to a friend's house, be back to continue this discussion in about 11 hours when WCG is over.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-12-10 at 11:19 PM.

comming from some1 thats whatched all the episodes

i think its plausible but they will run out of lore

for those that HAVENT seen the final saga this contains SPOILRERS

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

the last saga of DB goku and his friends have over used the dragon balls very fast and they are only ment to be used once every 100 years there was a total of 7 wishes, all tho in the name of good to clean up after the likes of freza,cell,babdie,majin buu ectra they caused the dragon balls to turn evil over time releasing 7 evil dragon of which they must defeat and the end of the saga and the 7 dragon are beaten goku makes 1 final wish to restore the earth and goku and the dragon balls disapear from eath (final episode)

SPOILER ENDED!!!!!!!

but i do think its possible

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    comming from some1 thats whatched all the episodes

i think its plausible but they will run out of lore

for those that HAVENT seen the final saga this contains SPOILRERS

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

the last saga of DB goku and his friends have over used toe dragon balls very fast and they are only ment to be used once every 100 years there was a total of 7 wishish all tho in the name of good to clean up after the likes of freza,cell,babdie,majin buu ectra they caused the dragon balls to turn evil over time releasing 7 evil dragon of which they must defeat and the end of the saga and the 7 dragon are beaten goku makes 1 final wish to restor the earth and goku and the dragon balls disapear from eath (final episode)

SPOILER ENDED!!!!!!!

but i do think its possible
    Goku leaves Earth to become a god. He's seen again in the final episode of GT attending the world martial arts tournament as a spectator, and he's seen again appearing to Goku junior in the movie Hero's Legacy.

For the lore they will simply set it after the end of DBGT.