Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Regarding Recuperative Nanotech - was this ability PBAOE (always centered on yourself) or were you able to target the ground (or another player) when casting it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
    Regarding Recuperative Nanotech - was this ability PBAOE (always centered on yourself) or were you able to target the ground (or another player) when casting it?
    The ability itself has a 30 yard range so it is definitely not point blank. Not sure from the tooltip whether is it ground targeted or player targeted though I would assume ground based on the wording compared with other healing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by PuliGT View Post
    The ability itself has a 30 yard range so it is definitely not point blank. Not sure from the tooltip whether is it ground targeted or player targeted though I would assume ground based on the wording compared with other healing abilities.
    I've seen the tooltip on Torhead, but this is the second level 50 that has only referred to the skill as a PBAOE (healing only the nearest players), and I can't find any video evidence one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I heard that the regen mechanic on the Ops make them have less throughput heals than Sorcs who start off with more mana/energy and have a consistent regen mechanic unlike the Op.

Is this true?
    BH/Trooper and Smuggler/IA do less bursty healing than SI/JC, but they have better longlivety when not forced to burn energy/heat/amo below the lower thresholds

Quote Originally Posted by Wallach View Post
    I've seen the tooltip on Torhead, but this is the second level 50 that has only referred to the skill as a PBAOE (healing only the nearest players), and I can't find any video evidence one way or the other.
    It is a targeted spell and heals the nearest 4 players within 10 yards to the target. I have not seen any "smart healing" mechanics so far as an operative.

Jearle did you try any BH healing at all?

No I did not, however I did heal with a BH in Eternity Vault who after I died on the first pull solo healed the raid for like 10 minutes, lol.

Their tank burst healing seemed really good, (end of tree talent i believe). They have to do some stacking mechanic pre-fight atm which is pretty annoying.

Play what ya like IMO, they all seem pretty fun.

How awful is your DPS as a healer? Pretty standard to what we've come to expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post
    How awful is your DPS as a healer? Pretty standard to what we've come to expect?
    If you're in a full healing spec it can be taxing on your resources to DPS, however when you do want to push it its not terrible.

When running FPs on trash that doesnt require CC or anything I usually DPSd quite a bit and did well. I can definitely eat up some resource though. I would use shiv on CD to build a TA and then heal using surg probe, that along with HoTs and procs is all the healing you really need to do.
    As operative speccing into the talent that has C dart tick twice os great for DPS on bosses and such, you can usually keep the dot rolling throughout.

Not sure about Sorcs and BH's i guess they can DPS pretty decent too, it just costs alot of resource.

Damn I really cant decide between BH or IA. Will most likely have to flip a coin.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    It is a targeted spell and heals the nearest 4 players within 10 yards to the target. I have not seen any "smart healing" mechanics so far as an operative.
    Thank you sir! Appreciate the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Damn I really cant decide between BH or IA. Will most likely have to flip a coin.
    If you want an offspec as a ranged dps then go merc, ops offspec is a rogue like melee dps (and lethality which is kinda mid ranged).

There is also the aesthetics and looks. Also even though I will be rolling IA for sure, IMO the male BH has the best voice on empire side.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    There is also the aesthetics and looks. Also even though I will be rolling IA for sure, IMO the male BH has the best voice on empire side.
    This is my pros for BH.
    I find IA to have more interesting healing mechanics with a HoT and TA though. Just feels like they can throw out so much healing with the help of TA while a BH have to use his shitty standard attack while he waits for his Heat to deplenish.