Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    man just looking at some of those tweets they have some serious issues with their PR and CS depts

This concerning Amazon CE pre-orders tweets
    @Ebonhawke14 After the 20th, only those with valid game time applied (ie, those who've redeemed codes) will be able to comment on Forums.

@Rockjaw Just wondering if Amazon CE buyers will be locked from commenting on the forums if we don't get our keys till after 20th, thanxs

@Ebonhawke14 That's not just Amazon, it's anyone. We can't waive that, but we will still be in touch via social media etc.

@Rockjaw @Ebonhawke14 That's so 10's of thousands locked out by no Grace Period can't bomb the foums complaining. This will cost EA subs.

@RockHound999 No, it's because our decision, always, was to have Forums be accessible to those paying for an account.

so in essence to all those CE owners (me included) we will have no access to the TOR site after the 20th until our CEs hit our doorstep and we put in our codes.

this will hurt the EU peeps more so that got theirs from Amazon and other places since post/mail delivery will be HORRENDOUS during this shipping ime

while i rarely visit the TOR forums anywho that is a bad way to do business

Deleted
    So if I pre-ordered the game yesterday as standard digital version and I live in EU (Finland to be more specific), am I able to play on 15th of December instead of that 20th that every retailers are advertising on their websites? Even when checking on swtor.com the front page has an ad saying it will launch on the 20th of December. Or is it just because they don't have separate websites for EU/US like WoW does so they don't wanna get American people confused?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonni View Post
    So if I pre-ordered the game yesterday as standard digital version and I live in EU (Finland to be more specific), am I able to play on 15th of December instead of that 20th that every retailers are advertising on their websites? Even when checking on swtor.com the front page has an ad saying it will launch on the 20th of December. Or is it just because they don't have separate websites for EU/US like WoW does so they don't wanna get American people confused?
    If you entered the game code yesterday, do not expect more than 1 days early access.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people have trouble understanding this. First of all this information is 2 days old. Yes, stores in EU are allowed to sell the game on the 15th. However, that DOES NOT MEAN that the launch date is on the 15th. Global launch still is on the 20th. So you can buy the game on the 15th, cherish it, make love to it, lick it or whatever you want to do with it for 5 days while waiting for the 20th to play. If you are not in EGA, you CAN NOT play until THE LAUNCH DATE which is THE 20TH OF DECEMBER.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    I don't understand why people have trouble understanding this. First of all this information is 2 days old. Yes, stores in EU are allowed to sell the game on the 15th. However, that DOES NOT MEAN that the launch date is on the 15th. Global launch still is on the 20th. So you can buy the game on the 15th, cherish it, make love to it, lick it or whatever you want to do with it for 5 days while waiting for the 20th to play. If you are not in EGA, you CAN NOT play until THE LAUNCH DATE which is THE 20TH OF DECEMBER.
    This right here, stop confusing stores being able to ship with launch date

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonni View Post
    No. 15th is the day when stores are allowed to start selling the game but those copies are only good for installing the client. People won't be able to log in until the 20th using those copies. The people who pre-ordered are exception, they are guaranteed to have early access up to 7 days depending on when they pre-ordered. In your case, since you pre-ordered yesterday, you'll most likely get only one day of early access meaning you'll get in on the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    man just looking at some of those tweets they have some serious issues with their PR and CS depts

This concerning Amazon CE pre-orders tweets
    @Ebonhawke14 After the 20th, only those with valid game time applied (ie, those who've redeemed codes) will be able to comment on Forums.

@Rockjaw Just wondering if Amazon CE buyers will be locked from commenting on the forums if we don't get our keys till after 20th, thanxs

@Ebonhawke14 That's not just Amazon, it's anyone. We can't waive that, but we will still be in touch via social media etc.

@Rockjaw @Ebonhawke14 That's so 10's of thousands locked out by no Grace Period can't bomb the foums complaining. This will cost EA subs.

@RockHound999 No, it's because our decision, always, was to have Forums be accessible to those paying for an account.

so in essence to all those CE owners (me included) we will have no access to the TOR site after the 20th until our CEs hit our doorstep and we put in our codes.

this will hurt the EU peeps more so that got theirs from Amazon and other places since post/mail delivery will be HORRENDOUS during this shipping ime

while i rarely visit the TOR forums anywho that is a bad way to do business
    Bad way to do business? Youd rather they let anyone and everyone post on the forums regardless of whether they have a sub? Do you know of any other major MMO that does that?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I understand all this, I just have one thing that confuses me a bit.

So I pre-ordered my copy from Amazon sometime back in July and entered my pre-order key right away. Now, looking at my orders on Amazon it says that the game might first arrive on the 23rd. If this happens, will I then not be able to play for those 3 days? Since I'm guessing the pre-order key gives you access to Early Access which is until the 20th, but then after that you will have to enter your real key (which is in the dvd case) to play further?

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 03:24 PM ----------

Bumping this, hopefully someone can answer.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.