Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    I personally also think that the community will be a lot better than it is on WoW
    God i hope so

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy, I haven't seen this thread in a while
    If you're serious about finding out what is different between TOR and WoW do your own research and don't open up troll/flamebait threads.

Deleted
    What Does ToR have WoW doesn't - Well I knew WoW was coming out as I Loved the RTS games, And I thought to myself this could be fun an MMO type game thing with all the guys from Warcraft III, I was 40% on the exited scale, But carried on with my day, When TBC was announced I was that's going to rock But carried on with my day, When Wrath was announced I was like Lich king Yay and carried on with my day....

So what Does ToR have WoW doesnt, add all the excitement I had from world of Warcraft and its expansions, multiply it by 1000 which then puts my scale in 9000+ - that's what ToR has over WoW-

Princess leia hairdos

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Simple answer, nothing. Graphics are about the same, the UI is primitive and it doesn't seem to have the elements of humor and all around entertainment that you get in WoW.
    Did you read this thread? Plenty of things in TOR that WOW does not have listed here. Graphics are the same? Really?

I challenge you to find 1 screenshot from WOW that equals that. Just 1.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong in what you said.
    He's right about the UI.

WoW is MMOG ... TOR IS MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Oh boy, I haven't seen this thread in a while
    If you're serious about finding out what is different between TOR and WoW do your own research and don't open up troll/flamebait threads.
    Seriously doubt the person made this thread to seek answers.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me its better for a lot of reasons
    it's nicer looking, in star wars, questing is great, you don't really feel lke your grinding. To me it's like they went out of their way to fix a lot of the things that annoy me about wow.
    Different planets, companions, your own ship, station stations. Tons of stuff to do and see.

I still love wow but I love Swtor more at the moment. At least i do until i play it for more than a weekend at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    my subscription.

/thread
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

From what I understand there is a heavy RP element and more immersive quest lines to develop your character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong in what you said.
    From, the answers posted s far he couldn't be more accurate to be honest...

Sure the quest depth is better but i doubt you re gonna be here to discuss it after you leveled your 5th alt
    Last edited by Keosen; 2011-12-09 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    WoW is MMOG MUD ... TOR IS MMORPG.
    /fixt

Since the game moved into primarily doing instanced dungeons/arena as the focus of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    He has not posted a pic proving WOW has equal graphics has he?

An actual story.
    Voice acting.
    SITH.
    Lightsabres.
    SITH.
    Player housing (space ship)
    SITH.
    Crew skills.
    Companions with a personality.
    You personally decide how your characters personality changes without having to be a lol RP nerd.
    SITH.
    Multiple planets to chose from.
    Fresh PvP (am hoping for rated some how, if they can do what GW did and change skills in PvP and PvE.)
    Bioware.
    And not sure if i mentioned this but SITH.

Think its obvious what i am playing when game launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post

Sure the quest depth is better but i doubt you re gonna be here to discuss it after you leveled your 5th alt
    Difference is in TOR 5th char still means unique story line. 8th character means unique story line. You start WoW style alts once you roll 9th+ character. I never liked alts ... but I won't be able to stop myself from rolling 3+ chars in TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    my subscription.

/thread
    just spat Tea everywhere because of you....thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Think its obvious what i am playing when game launches.
    Republic? ME TOO!

No but really, the comment on the similar graphics was funny. Some WoW races still use the alpha face textures from 8 years ago.

For me personally, a massive change of scenery is good. Aswell as a far more updated game engine and mechanic-wise. Seems more balanced aswell since this was an objective from the get go, unlike WoW which is founded on class imbalance.

And on top of that, WoW has gone soft on me. Lack of challenge, to big of a grind and to cuddly for all the idiots. No, not noobs that are willing to learn, i mean the full out idiots who get carried to lv80 and never learn any of their abilities. Further enhanced by a strongly degraded social system (which imo is central to an mmo) due to the dungeonfinder and raidfinder.
    SWTOR seems more punishing of idiocy and more rewarding for learning to play your class. This could be a problem when grouped with idiots, but since those idiots arent anonymous nobodies but people from your server you can avoid them in the future. This should also motivate social interaction.

Deleted
    Meh. Still not convinced. I'm no expert but I've seen some PvP vids and thAt looks just like Warhammer Online (sucked). I've seen some PvE vids and thAt looks just like WoW (more or less).

- voice over acting: will get old; I mean who is playing WoW with sound enabled nowadays?
    - housing: I'm playing an MMORGP. No need sitting alone in my real-life home, playing an alt sitting alone in some sci-fi ship.
    - star wars ambiance: if you are a fan of that
    - better 1v1 PvP balance: too early to judge
    - better graphics: In my opinion? - No, not really.
    - stories and quests that actually make sense: okay, there are some rather unlogical quests in WoW - but don't come and tell me there won't be a single one in this one
    - modern engine: say what? if a game runs then it runs

- companions: with a personality? C'mon it's a game. I don't see any difference between a Peon talking about how lazy he is and a human (swtor) who talks wisely.
    Last edited by mmoc3a779c5103; 2011-12-09 at 09:33 PM.