Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    way to ignore every single other point i made, I'm sorry, pvp wasn't as fun/even on your server, it was on mine. And if your guild wasnt ready at a certain time for a raid that seems to be a failing in the guild, when i played vanilla we had a specific start time for a raid, if you weren't there we went without you
    I ignored the rest of your points because they were nonsensical, disproved, wow-hater talking points that fanbois keep spouting.

And I think perhaps you might not have been the one who played Classic if you really think all guilds had all of their members ready at exactly raid time outside of being super hardcore progression. And nice job in completely changing my point to fit your nonsensical literature. I never said PvP wasn't fun, I said that people murdering each other outside of an instance portal wasn't fun, especially since most of the time, you're coming out to help somebody because they're being camped by multiple people.

You're not even trying anymore, are you? I am disappoint. I know it's hard that somebody would insult your golden cow, but TOR isn't as innovative or amazing as rabid fanbois such as yourself seem to believe. It's a solid game, but nothing all that is special. Similar to Rift, the unique mechanic to the game (Voiced Dialogue/Group dialogue options) gets old pretty fast.

It doesn't matter how "eloquently" you type your words. Do not flame people by calling them "fanboy" and talking down to them. Thank you - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-12-11 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I ignored the rest of your points because they were nonsensical, disproved, wow-hater talking points that fanbois keep spouting.

And I think perhaps you might not have been the one who played Classic if you really think all guilds had all of their members ready at exactly raid time outside of being super hardcore progression. And nice job in completely changing my point to fit your nonsensical literature. I never said PvP wasn't fun, I said that people murdering each other outside of an instance portal wasn't fun, especially since most of the time, you're coming out to help somebody because they're being camped by multiple people.

You're not even trying anymore, are you? I am disappoint. I know it's hard that somebody would insult your golden cow, but TOR isn't as innovative or amazing as rabid fanbois such as yourself seem to believe. It's a solid game, but nothing all that is special. Similar to Rift, the unique mechanic to the game (Voiced Dialogue/Group dialogue options) gets old pretty fast.
    when did i say that every guild was organized? i pointed out that it was the guilds fault for not being organized

seriously, what are you smoking dude? my post started as "this makes me happy" about them saying they were going to be putting out a large amount of content because a lot of us were unsure about how fast they would keep up with content, i hadnt even said anything about wow nor would i have until YOU brought it up, i am not a wow hater, i loved wow for years, post cata just isnt for me. have more to say but leaving, will pick this up later ya?

and im back, i know you were worried there for a minute, but no worries, seriously we shouldnt even be talking anymore, lets go back to how this conversation should have gone

James Ohlen: No, we're going to be releasing major content to subscribers. They're not going to have to pay anything extra for the major content. We're going to be doing that regularly. It's going to be significant, you're going to be able to travel to entirely new worlds in the galaxy and you're not going to have to pay to have to do that. Now obviously we also have an expansion pack planned but that's, you know, much farther into the future.

ME: this makes me happy

YOU: Why? It's just the same thing as Blizzard releasing major patches.

ME:Because people were worried about how often there would be content updates and how much content there would be
    thats it, it should of ended there so lets let it
    Last edited by krono957; 2011-12-11 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I'll put my view in on this.

Quick Travel is basically a "Hearthstone", except you can choose any discovered bind point on the planet (as far as I know). It's fine like this, because this is usually when you're out questing or doing solo stuff.

Teleports right to flashpoints are mostly for lazy people, however. I mean, the entrances are right in the city, no? I'd say that actually bothering to come there and travel to the flashpoint yourself would say a lot. I haven't met many good players who are really lazy.

For WoW, that's an exception though. I mean, if it's implemented, you're obviously going to use it. It's like how you'll use the best talents or the best gems and enchants, because you don't want to be left behind, you want to be useful.

But if such a "teleporting system" isn't in the game, there's no excuse being lazy, and that'll help you find the good player "gems" in the pool of generally bad and lazy players.

That's my opinion though. I'm not saying I'm right.
    Oh, I'm not claiming to be right either, nor am I arguing for cross-realm LFG and Flashpoint teleports.
    (Although it is my opinion that some form of LFG tool will be beneficial, not at launch but as was said in the article "when the game has matured").

What I'm arguing against is the irrational comments like "OMG if they add LFG I'm going to quit" and "Flashpoint teleports will ruin the game".

Especially in this game, where all flash points are located in the same area, and where inter-planet travel is essentially the same as a teleport.
    I mean, look at what happens when you use Quick Travel.... "A shuttle has been dispatched"
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello SWToR folks. I've just bought the key for this game, and would like to pre-download it for early access. However I'm having problems with installation. How can I change drive it will install to? My C: drive is pretty much filled, and I'd like to install it on my second much larger one.

::EDIT:: Okay I figured it out.
    Last edited by Moralio; 2011-12-11 at 10:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am changing my stance after throughly thinking about it. I don't mind a LFG tool as long as it is not cross server. (Before I didn't want an instant teleport to Flashpoint) but as someone reminded me, they are all located in the same spot to begin with so what does it matter, really? Not to me, anyway. Just please, god please no cross server anything ever.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit