Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    i can play 1920x1080 and i choose 1280x720. most games i play in 1024x768. Why? Cuz bigger doesnt mean better
    In this case, it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I know it's not an UI sharing thread, but I don't understand why people need such complex UI's, why isn't normal blizzard enough? (this is what I use)
    http://imgur.com/62d86
    Pretty stupid question. Blizzard's UI forces you to look at the top left corner to check debuffs/health/buffs and forces you to check the top right for your own debuff/buffs and forces you to check middle bottom for cooldowns and then middle for actual fire. Now, it is pretty hard to keep track of all those things when your eyes have to move so much and it is a fact that our eyes only see a small part of a screen with full focus.

There are rather fundamental flaws both in the display and positioning of information in the default UI.
    Some people can cope with a lack of information, while others are better at making informed decisons when they can see what they want to see.
    It is a choice, those who simply choose to use a largely or entirely default ui are not stupid, but those who defend it or any ui for that matter unquestionably with no justification are.
    They asked for your opinion, and you called them stupid as a result.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There are rather fundamental flaws both in the display and positioning of information in the default UI.
    Some people can cope with a lack of information, while others are better at making informed decisons when they can see what they want to see.
    It is a choice, those who simply choose to use a largely or entirely default ui are not stupid, but those who defend it or any ui for that matter unquestionably with no justification are.
    They asked for your opinion, and you called them stupid as a result.
    Even if you can cope with the lack or information or play perfectly fine with it, there are fundamental flaws in the design, as you said. So the reason people use other UI is for that reason or because they do not like how Blizzard UI looks. You are not stupid if you use the standard Blizzard UI, but asking why people use other UIs is a pretty stupid question.

So Chaz and i have been playing for years now and its pretty incredible how much better of a player he is because of this and frankly i am too. However can i just say that he has THE WORST KEYBINDS EVER.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Pretty stupid question. Blizzard's UI forces you to look at the top left corner to check debuffs/health/buffs and forces you to check the top right for your own debuff/buffs and forces you to check middle bottom for cooldowns and then middle for actual fire. Now, it is pretty hard to keep track of all those things when your eyes have to move so much and it is a fact that our eyes only see a small part of a screen with full focus.
    Pretty stupid answer. You can right click your character potrait, unlock the frame and move it where the hell you want. Obviously the same thing with target frame and raid frames. Pretty sure you can also display aggro percentage and your own buffs/debuffs on your character frame and stuff like target of target on your target frame. Basically you can display all the information you need right in the middle of your screen if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shob View Post
    Pretty stupid answer. You can right click your character potrait, unlock the frame and move it where the hell you want. Obviously the same thing with target frame and raid frames. Pretty sure you can also display aggro percentage and your own buffs/debuffs on your character frame and stuff like target of target on your target frame. Basically you can display all the information you need right in the middle of your screen if you so desire.
    Buffs/debuffs are difficult for some people to read in a hurry from numbers and that is even if you can find a specfic one at short notice amongst many others.
    Bars I find to be a good example of how to represent durations or cooldowns differently since they are easier to compare relatively to another because you don't need to read an actual number.
    Having the information and being able to find what you need are very different things.
    Addons offer that choice, in providing a more selective portion of the same information and in a format and position of your choice.

I don't understand how people could ever have such messy UI's.

You don't for one need to see incoming heals. You can't see what they say, and you can't see who is healing you so it is pointless. Recount & Omens should be smaller and recount invisible until after the fight (most of the time).

I use ElvUI and I love it : )

in the end, it comes down to great looking vs. practical and no, those don't ever go hand in hand, i tried to shine up my UI and i tried out different UI packs, but in the end i went back to my shitty looking, but practical UI.

http://www.domi-guild.dk/pics/WoWScr...111_221747.jpg
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-12-12 at 07:18 PM.

To answer the mod that said that he wasn't sure what this thread was for; I made this thread to share with others the reasoning behind my using a cleaner UI, and how my mind has changed from what it used to be...(which was IWANNAKNOWEVERYTHINGABOUTEVERYTHINGSOFILLMYSCREEN!!!!!!)

I called it a "more minimalistic" ui because I know it's not a minimalistic UI, and I don't pretend that it is....it just has a whole lot less BS in it than my old one. (I looked up RealUI...dunno if I'd be able to do that.)

To those of you arguing with eachother in my thread....gtfo. The mod said before that this isn't a "share your ui" thread, there are multiple threads for that.

And Wustoff...I know you hate my keybinds, but haters keep hatin'. They work for me, and in the end, that's what matters :-)

My UI used to be similar to the BQL screenshot, then I realized something... I don't look at all that information while raiding. For example, there's no need for me to know how long RipTide has left on our Shaman, incoming heals on me, or even my outgoing damage. It's simply fluff I just don't have time to look at. Sure it's great to see lots of big numbers, especially when they crit, but getting rid of any kind of floating combat text is one of the things that's cleared up my UI the most.