Thread: Souldrinker?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Souldrinker?

Hey guys, I'm gearing a DK tank alt, and wondering about tanking weps this patch. I was wondering if DW Souldrinkers is good or if taking a 2h wep is better somehow. I believe the Experiment Slicer or whatever it is is the one I saw on the BiS list, but it doesn't seem to have a good secondary stat on it other than Mastery. If the 2h is better, can someone explain why? Since threat is no longer a problem, I would assume its not that, I guess it would hurt your DPS
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

Honestly, I don't even know why dual-wield is still a baseline ability for DKs. Blizzard has made it pretty clear that the only spec they want to be dual-wielding is Frost.

Blood has zero abilities that hit with both weapons, so you're axiomatically gimping your DPS by trying to dual-wield tank. And contrary to popular belief, it is still possible for tanks to lose threat if they're doing things wrong. Leave Souldrinker to the warriors, paladins, and idiots who mindlessly smash "need" whenever the button lights up in LFR.

Not too sure what it's going to be like for DW tanks. It does seem to proc quite a bit on my Prot Warrior. I was doing LFR and I had a DW Blood DK tanking with me on Madness. He won the roll on it and I told him/her the proc was really decent. Not really much backup on this but when I was doing TB dailies I rounded up like 6, maybe 8 mobs for a quest and only had to Victory Rush maybe once or twice, and it took me to full health because (I'm only guessing) it was thanks to the proc on the weap.

Do NOT dual wield as Blood. Your off-hand is basically just there to look good if you do.

Use a Two-handed weapon, preferably with Mastery on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Do NOT dual wield as Blood. Your off-hand is basically just there to look good if you do.

Use a Two-handed weapon, preferably with Mastery on it.
    Correct! with the way that Bloods mastery works the procs on the Souldrinker would never make up for the lack of a absorb due less mastery (my current blood wep gives me a huge amount of mastery), plus the loss of the absorb created based of of the damage/healing of DS, which is really the reason why blood should not DW.

10+ Year Old Account