Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan7evin View Post
    this game has an open veriety of different paths it could take, it's making it thrilling for me. i've been looking for a game like this since I quit WoW about 1 and a half years ago... and finally it has come! and in the form of Star Wars no less, to be perfectly honest the stories that can be introduced in staggering in terms of end game, thats what will set it apart from WoW for me atleast, because Star Wars has probably the biggest Storied Library when facing against its competitors... but one thing I do realize is that the Sith get destroyed almost to extinction in this war, also known as the First Jedi Purge... which back fired on the sith and of course the second jedi purge is the prequels of Star Wars the movies, and later on in comics/novels you learn of a Third Jedi Purge with Master Luke Skywalker. but besides all this, there is so much they can do story wise in between the first jedi purge and when the Sith run for cover right before leaving spys and what not to corrupt the Republic and Jedi Order.
    Just wanted to mention your timeline is a little bit off. The first Jedi Purge pretty much starts after Revan turned to the dark side to start the Jedi Civil War(aka The Second Sith War). What Jedi survived that war were hunted to near extinction by the Sith Triumvirate(KOTOR 2). This was the first Jedi purge. The Exile and those she trained, Revan and Bastilla Shan were some of the like 10 that survived to carry on the teachings of the Jedi. The Sith also do not necessarily have to lose this war, there are hundreds of years in Star Wars timeline that this game can take place over. Before Darth Ruin appeared(1000 years before Battle of Ruusan and the 'spys' you mention), there is approximately 1600 years of untouched timeline starting 300 years after KOTOR 2. The Sky is the limit in regards to who wins this war. Or should I say battle? Because no side ever seems to win.

OT: This game can go in any direction story wise, as I said above there are hundreds of years of untouched timeline to use. I'm really excited to see where they will take this game. As far as adding new classes goes, I'm for it, as long as they stay away from the whole new class should be OP philosophy. With the balance that I've scene in game so far in beta and videos. I'm sure they could pull it off, same goes for skills.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2011-12-11 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Forgot about Darth Ruin
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    And also sorry, but Yoda's race? Whatever it's called, who wouldn't want to play one of those?
    yodas race will never be playable, Lucas is super restrictive when it comes to em(amount, name of race, ect)

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 11:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    Kill Lucas, should have been done years ago IMO. He has made some awesome characters though, and we owe Star Wars to him so can't hate too much.

But Yoda's race does intrigue me, I think it would be awesome to have a Yoda race Sith somewhere in the canon.
    i really really really wanted the sith emperor to be a yoda thingy
    Last edited by krono957; 2011-12-11 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Interesting thread, also what can they really add to existing classes? What kind of new spells and abilities can they give a jedi for example? Force throw a refrigerator, force throw a toilet, force throw a kitchen sink?... Blue force lightning, red force lightning, green force lightning? I don't remember much more to a jedi or sith from SW lore. Can't really give them wings or make them turn enemies into bunny rabbits. So what isn't already there that they can add?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    Interesting thread, also what can they really add to existing classes? What kind of new spells and abilities can they give a jedi for example? Force throw a refrigerator, force throw a toilet, force throw a kitchen sink?... Blue force lightning, red force lightning, green force lightning? I don't remember much more to a jedi or sith from SW lore. Can't really give them wings or make them turn enemies into bunny rabbits. So what isn't already there that they can add?
    in the books jedi leaning a little dark have some awesome abilities, creating a vacuum around someones head for instance, another one focused the force into threads that cut through anything they touched, kinda like the lasers in the original resident evil movie
    there are more...but they are hard to explain lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

i would love to have swg type space combat... i paid for multiple months of that game just for the space combat and loved it every time
    IM GONNA PUNCH THAT DRAGON IN THE FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    There are alot of things if you consider material outside the movies.
    Just for force users: battle meditation (tricky implementation, seeing that in KoTOR it predicted all moves of the enemy and made you avoid all their attacks), multiple lightsaber control, mind control (not yet in game), force rupture (causes the target to lose use of spells and stuff for a while), mirror image, force swiftness (omnislash in dota), force leech just to name a few.

Non-force users: go wild, they're not restricted in any way.

It's not hard to think outside the box. I would not believe people who make their living off their own creativity will actually run out of ideas.

They're not blizzard. /jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Theirs a 3rd one in ToR as well. Master Oteg is his name. Only 3 of them exist in the entire star wars unvierse if im not mistaken.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda%27s_species
    There was also Vandar in KOTOR.

I'm guessing any additional classes won't be seen for quite some time. Considering all of the voice work they would be required to add for both a male and female version it's not something they would take lightly. Plus remember that whatever it could be has to have a counterpart to fit in with both the Republic and Empire.
    Reign In Power: WoW | SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Theirs a 3rd one in ToR as well. Master Oteg is his name. Only 3 of them exist in the entire star wars unvierse if im not mistaken.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda%27s_species
    ahh thank you i saw yodas page but mistakenly skimmed over the 1st few paragraphs where what i was looking for was contained

I can see Teras Kasi as a viable expansion class but I think since it has been done by SWG they might opt for something more original.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Future content patches and expansion packs are of no concern to me right now, but if I had to say it I would like some non-human races really. Yes I know there are non human races, but they all look, to some degree, human. It's not like we can be Yoda (whatever they are called, I keep forgetting) or wookie or anything like that, which would be cool.
    Could be pretty cool playing a droid trooper/bh too tbh, and with the VA for HK-47 (I think that was the name) that would be awesome, I might play something other than a Jedi then!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    Will the game even have an expansion ?... i for one doubt it, looking what bioweare has done with DA2 and ME2 i highly doubt they will have enough subs for long enough for EA to give them the money for a real expansion.
    Different sections of the company. BioWare Montreal did DA:2. BioWare Austin are doing SWTOR. Completely different teams with completely different design decisions. Doing a bit of research doesn't hurt before posting something stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing a few new classes, if they're done right. I for one like playing support classes, even if the traditional damage/heal/tank mechanic doesn't have them. Maybe have a drone-based tech class, that can use a kinda of semi-permanent drone as their stance (giving them the ability to heal or dps) and setup mutually-exclusive turrets of different kinds (blaster turret for single-target dps, missile turret for aoe, shock turret for light dps with an occasional snare/stun, etc), with lots of buff/debuff abilities to make up for a lower average dps compared to a pure dps spec. I loved my Red Mage in FFXI, and I wouldn't mind seeing something similar.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Will the game even have an expansion ?... i for one doubt it, looking what bioweare has done with DA2 and ME2 i highly doubt they will have enough subs for long enough for EA to give them the money for a real expansion.
    Are you kidding me? All they have to do to keep subs is (probably what they already are doing) to get their writers to get onto the next 3 chapters of the old republic.

You wouldnt even have to add extra levels or gear (allthough it probably cant be helped)

If you get bitten by the story you gotta see the end, much like why people so many people play(ed) DA 2 and ME 2.

You dont buy 2 movies in a thrilogy either. This mmo has story going for it, which im certain will be a great strength when making new and exciting content.

Look at wow, today we're still just seeing rehashed dungeons and mechanics with a pinch of new physics added. they have to work extra hard to improve upon something that cant be improved on.

a game revolving around story is all about continuing it.

if anything i'd worry about the 3rd or 4th expansion since usually people get turned off by the 2nd installment in a series, just look at the all the sequels hitting the cinema's.

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 12:42 PM ----------

They have the framework that they worked 3-5 years on making to create these great story elements. now all they have to do is use them

Check out the recent ign interview with James Ohlen. I love his interviews because, if you watch a video of them, he really WANTS to tell the players more than he is supposed to. Many of the videos i've seen of his interviews have another bioware guy standing nearby to make sure he doesn't just spill his guts. There's not much there on future stuff, but there's some.

On topic: I think the companion system works really well to their favor with introducing more classes as the game progresses. I could see a pure buffing/debuffing class. They wouldn't be so bad to level with a companion and they wouldn't be forced into them having a dps choice at all. A class with healing/debuffing and tanking/buffing AC choices could be interesting. Classes and other races are most likely expansion things.

For content patches they have so much freedom to just bring in another planet. Give it a raid, some dungeons and a nice big overarching story. Even could do a small class story. I think the biggest challenge for their content patches is going to be staying away from a raid or die model and making sure to stick to their story based with an operation or two, some flashpoints and new pvp that their launching with. Getting into the raiding arms race vs wow, rift, etc would just take them away from their strong suit.
    Last edited by Tinfoy Lat; 2011-12-11 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same part of me that has played gnomes almost exclusively in WoW for seven years has a deep intrinsic need to play a Jawa trooper.

Bioware. Make it happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoy Lat View Post
    Check out the recent ign interview with James Ohlen. I love his interviews because, if you watch a video of them, he really WANTS to tell the players more than he is supposed to. Many of the videos i've seen of his interviews have another bioware guy standing nearby to make sure he doesn't just spill his guts. There's not much there on future stuff, but there's some.

On topic: I think the companion system works really well to their favor with introducing more classes as the game progresses. I could see a pure buffing/debuffing class. They wouldn't be so bad to level with a companion and they wouldn't be forced into them having a dps choice at all. A class with healing/debuffing and tanking/buffing AC choices could be interesting. Classes and other races are most likely expansion things.

For content patches they have so much freedom to just bring in another planet. Give it a raid, some dungeons and a nice big overarching story. Even could do a small class story. I think the biggest challenge for their content patches is going to be staying away from a raid or die model and making sure to stick to their story based with an operation or two, some flashpoints and new pvp that their launching with. Getting into the raiding arms race vs wow, rift, etc would just take them away from their strong suit.
    http://www.darthhater.com/comics/pro...32-silence-him

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    The same part of me that has played gnomes almost exclusively in WoW for seven years has a deep intrinsic need to play a Jawa trooper.

Bioware. Make it happen.
    I would play a Jawa anything so long as I could stay Republic. A Jawa Jedi, though... pleaaaaaase...

Deleted
    I am very sure they will have plenty of subs, the beta i played pissed over any other MMO i have played so far.

I want a shadowstep distance closer on my assassin or operative and more interesting knockbacks and such are always cool. But what I really want is guild housing in open world space...would be so epic.