Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the "Fresh" Feeling of Swtor, but I also like the scale of it. I don't really pay attention to lore, but I would guess that the scale of Swtor is larger than WoW. There is a lot of room for expansion and continuation, and I can't wait to see what Bioware comes up with in the future.

It could be a 2D turn based online rpg and I'd still sell my soul to it for being Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post
    I NEVER understood how they could do this...

They're making $150 million...EVERY MONTH!!! Can't AFFORD it?! Every Activision executive must do at least 50 lbs. of crack every DAY or something. Yeesh...
    I know right? Something doesn't make sense there. It's funny because a lot of the super pro WoW fans constantly say other MMOs like Rift have failed, but yet Rift has about 50 servers and probably has a player base of 500k or more, but certainly not the millions upon millions that WoW does and Trion is a start up company while Blizzard/Activision is very well established, but this start up company with a player base of 500k puts out more content and at a quicker pace then WoW. It's kind of hilarious when you think about it, it just doesn't add up.

I mean if the WoW fans are having fun, then more power to them I guess. But it is an objective fact that Blizzard can do a lot better, because they have done a lot better.

Deleted
    The idea of exploring a whole new world sounds very tempting. Also the fact that I could actually make a character that's pleasant to look at. The bad thing is I'd need to upgrade my pc and somehow I didn't enjoy the beta too much but that could be because I knew I couldn't retain the character I wasplaying...plus I might have made a bad class choice.

MEH I'm still undecided whether I'm going to get this game or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    After 6 years of WoW I'm done with it. Sooooo done. And Rift was bad, btw. So ToR it is.

Imo, anyone playing wow from vanilla and still at it today, is a major, major fanboy. No excuse.
    There are people from Blood Legion, for example, that still play who I wouldn't consider just "fanboy". These people are making a LOT of real money through Livestreams, donations and website ad revenue (and sponsors if they get them, not sure who does/doesn't).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    Reason people go to swtor is because so many have been playing wow for so long when they REALLY dont want to. So many people keep logging into wow, play it, bitch about it ingame and on forums. Still, after days or months of bitching about wow they keep logging into wow wheter its for raiding or other stuff. This really mindboggles me. I dont understand why people would spend time on a game they find so irritating and bad for them. So many of those that goes from wow to swtor will max 1 year ahead in time bitch about swtor saying it sucks for whatever reason(because they spend way to much time online and get bored of it), and move back to wow. When back to wow, they play it for a while and start bitching about something else.

I feel that most people have overplayed wow to much, and thats why the bitching is so big.
    Crusader just figured it out for panda-haters and fanbois alike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    No, he didn't.

The reason why so many haters still log into wow is because they are bored with wow, yes, but the competition on the market right now is laughable. So even if they are extremely bored with wow, it's still better than the crap on the market. Think of it as having to eat beans soup from a can for the 10th day because the alternative is eating bugs.
    Also, many others have friends in-game that often are the only form of social interaction they have left, so leaving them behind is really not an option. So they keep lingering around.

Once swtor will be out on the market, we'll see exactly how many wow fanbois are left.
    Your points on how its the only real dish on the market are very true.

Anyone who plays this game purely for the social interaction probably shouldn't be playing and go make friends irl. I'd say this applies to people who still play wow and hate it, as well as the fanbois who have to pretend that what we saw on blizzcon wasn't a huge disappointment.
    Last edited by mmoc9a077b9483; 2011-12-11 at 05:46 PM. Reason: grammar fix.

I don't really like the star wars theme..I don't like pistols and lazers and space battles, I was always fan of middle age theme. But I am fan of Bioware and have played all their games..Dragon Age Origins story almost made me cry, best experience I had...What I really know about swtor is that I will enjoy the story of my character and the leveling process..I expect to level lot of toons just for the story :P

Also the environment graphics reminds me lotro, which is very enjoyable :P I don't know how this will take though...if after 1-2 months I find myself to grind 2-3 dungeons and 1-2 raids for gear probably I will quit it and play wow again, cause in wow I have lot of friends and a guild I am part of it long time with some real life friends in it..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Threadbare View Post
    No proof, but the way I see it even if I do get burnt out after a month of endgame, the levelling of alts really interests me, it's not like WoW were you're just grinding the same quest route that you've take 9 times before, every class has their own individual story lines to complete, and I'm guessing that over the course of 8 characters it will keep me busy for a good few months, and then if the endgame is engaging that's a pretty good bonus.
    From what I've seen only the class-specific storylines are different. You're still running the same side-quests across multiple characters, just with different "green zones".

This is the exact reason I started screwing around with DCUO when it went F2P. Just something new to explore.

Deleted
    I played wow for 4-5 years and raided hardcore for almost all of it so i kept burning out and breaks are not making the game any better, I loved the Kotor games so thats also a big pull for me, Anyone else expecting tons of world PVP ? SW:TOR should be great fun and i'm going to enjoy being around so i can be one of the classic crowd. Anyone else hate the term vanilla ?

10+ Year Old Account
    The real reason I play swtor: LAZORS! and LAZORSWORD!

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Personally I loved Warhammer, I was only able to play until about level 20 but I had fun. The game failed, oh well. RIFT was alright for a little while, never tried Aion. I too like the new feeling, it's not because I hate WoW that I'm playing ToR. Hell I wasn't even interested in it until about a month ago.
    Aion was FANTASTIC from level 1-30. After that, it went SHARPLY down hill and turned into a massive grindfest...

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post
    Played WoW in vanilla and played it for the past few months. There's nothing wrong with it, per se, but here's thing thing.

It's been played out. It's been done. The game is seven years old. I know every class more than fairly well. I know every square inch of the entire game world. The best way to do everything is already known (builds, stats, etc.). Most of the playerbase already knows all of the "answers" for the game.

I've played SWTOR in beta and it's at least on par with WoW (I found the combat system to be far better, as well as the crafting), but what truly interests me about it is the fact that it's fresh and new. No one knows all of the secrets. No one knows the best way to do everything. No one knows every quest, flashpoint, item, etc. already. The game cannot feel played out because no one has played it. It'll be VANILLA again, and having spent a while in post-vanilla WoW, that'll be something I very much look forward to.

Bottom line, I just want something new. New content, new systems, new worlds, etc.

Anyone else feel the same?
    I agree completely. I have enjoyed playing WoW over the years but I suppose I am bored of it now. So I was looking for a new IP and SWTOR is right up my street.

I stopped playing WoW in July not because I was waiting for TOR but because I felt that for quite some time now Blizzard has continually made changes to the game to maximise profit at the expense of gameplay.

I know many people love their flying mounts but in all honesty it removes people from being visible out in the real world and if someone is zipping around on a flying mount I am rather unlikely to be able to interact with them. The LFD tools are useful but as it stands the game consists of people queuing in cities and rarely venturing out to the real world. The guild system is oppressive and presently getting a new guild off the ground is really hard because no one will join a new guild. One of the results here is it takes the MM out of MMO. PvP is laughably unbalanced and a total grind. Apart from teaming up to take part in raiding I ended up playing WoW as a single player game and suffering abuse at the hands of the LFD system.

I hope Bioware learns from the mistakes WoW has fallen into and remembers what massively multiplayer games should represent.. I have read with some concern that they intend to implement a LFD system in the future I and I really hope they re-consider it.

Can't wait to get in game and start tearing it up.

It's the same for me. That fresh new feeling. I love it. That is why I've played a crapton of MMOs in my life; Runescape, MapleStory, Ragnarok Online, Guild Wars, Rift and so on. And WoW, obviously. The only game that's kept my attention for a good while is WoW, though. I've really enjoyed my time in it. WoW is a pretty good game.

Problem for me is, that WoW is getting really old. And these days, the new things just seem like it's lacking inspiration. Don't get ne wrong, I LOVE WoW. I've had almost 7 years of good fun in it. But it just seems to be taking a bad direction, and I'm no fanboy, so I'm not going to be sticking with it no matter how bad it gets. I will explore other areas... other games.

Now TOR is coming out. It's an MMORPG, it's Star Wars and it's BioWare. All those are things I'm interested in. Not a HUGE fan, but things I think are interesting. TOR has just sparked that adventurous spirit in me again. It's a whole new world to explore, new people to meet, new things to do. It just seems like it'll be really fun. And I have faith in BioWare and EA, that they will do their best with this game. I am just really excited about it.

So I hope I will see some of you in there, and I'll be reading around here to see what fun things people do and find in this new game. I'm really looking forward to it.

By the way, I never understood why people thought Rift was so bad. Granted, it doesn't have that Warcraft/Star Wars appeal, because the lore in Rift is new. No one's ever heard of it before. And the graphics are slightly... dull. But the game is very good. It's probably the best competition for WoW that's out now until TOR comes out.

Deleted
    I feel the same as most have said, wow is a great game but find myself really bored lately.
    you get a new patch and it's the same as last patch just new skins maybe I will feel the same in swtor.
    on the beta weekend having that feeling of bein a total noob again is pretty awsome.

Same here. I want that vanilla feel. Even though I started playing WoW in BC, it was all new and exciting to me. I want to go into SWTOR and take my time questing. I'm not going to read up on guides all day like i did for WoW. I liked WoW most when I was a naive noob. I'm looking forward to figuring everything out on my own. I'm going to play to have fun instead of min-maxing. I have always liked Star Wars. I was born in the 80's so I'm familiar with episodes 4,5, and 6. Also i've played some Bioware games and they're always good. I tried Rift when it came out. But I only played the free trial for 5 days and I had enough. It didn't grab me. But just watching TOR videos gets me all excited like a kid on Christmas. Blizzard bombed with 4.3 and Cataclysm. TOR couldn't come out at a more perfect time. I'm sure it will make a great xmas gift : )

Also, look at the "other mmo's" section of mmo-champion. The TOR section has tons more views/posts/threads than Diablo 3, Rift, and GW2. That's saying something.

Deleted
    For me, I'll play TOR because it is a sci fi setting. I have nothing against WoW, I played the game for years, however I prefer sci fi.

Everything else that is different about TOR is just a bonus for me

Yeeeah, I'm switching because it is Bioware. The product they deliver has always absolutely crushed blizzard (no offense blizz, but you just cannot compete.) I've been buying all their games for a while. I've adored most, disliked others (dragon age >.>) mostly on personal taste (it was poorly ported to the xbox. /shrug).

I'm not the biggest star wars fan, actually. My first glimpse of the star wars universe was Knights of the Old Republic back in highschool, and I fell in love with it. What's that bioware, you're making an MMO set in the old republic?! Shut the F!@# up and take my money!