Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I'm already burnt out on Dragon Soul. Seriously. The normal modes aren't even that tough. XD And I also wasn't all that impressed by it to begin with. I've already warned my guild: I'll be raid logging probably until MoP. And I'm not being a WoW-hater or anything...I just don't see myself wanting to play WoW with TOR, Diablo 3, GW2, ME3, FFXIII-2, and other awesome games coming out (hopefully) early next year or sooner.
    Now's a great time to jump ship. Come join the rest of us in fun we haven't seen in years!!!

I have no problem with badge system.. It encourage people to explore other pve options and significantly lessen loot drama in raid/groups.

Bioware says they will have an LFG system.. but no where did they say it will be cross server like WoW.. And they need to have a better LFG system than what they have now anyway.. All we got now is mark yourself with an icon and a comment in /who.

We gotta have a global LFG board at least.

I just cant get, "On the 6th day of Christmas Blizzard gave to thee, 6 rehashed boss models", out of my head. And that's in a 6 months+ development time and being the final boss of an expansion. Say Hi $120 for 4.3. Equal to 1½ Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    What you fail to understand is LFR is FUN really really fun.

You act as if TOR has a better End Game, or any End Game at all.
    Two raids and 15 leveling dungeons, which it has been said a lot will have a level 50 hard mode, sounds like endgame to me.

Also you missed this part of the OP

I am not trying to incite a war between WoW & TOR fans.
    Try harder next time. The OP does make a good point people can and will burn through the content faster, when Blizzard first started losing people they mentioned that players have been burning through the content much faster in Cata and they partially blamed that on the losses they have been suffering, now here is a tool to accelerate it even further. It doesn't matter how fun LFR is, it just doesn't.

I know from your past posts that you just seem to hate TOR, but come on now, give it a break. Not everything has to devolve into some useless fanboy fight. Really if you don't like this game then why constantly pop up here in the SWTOR forums?
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2011-12-11 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

It is and it does. Thank you for playing dismiss the poor criticism in one sentence fragment. We have some lovely parting gifts for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it does have end game content. Please do not spread misinformation. Will it be better? We are about to find out

This 4.3 LFR is a blessing and a curse. It really makes me wonder if Blizz ever anticipated the problems stemming from it. Letting everyone see everything has to come with a hefty price because it just sounds too good to be true.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-12-11 at 05:28 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    Unless you're farming Hard modes, you really have no place to say that this game is easy.
    That's like balancing basic, simple chemical equations, and assuming that chemical engineering is easy.
    You're not even scratching the surface.

If you're complaining that this game is too easy, do something in the game that is not easy.
    Reach 2500+ in Arena, reach High Warlord status (or the alliance equivilent, I think it's General, I forget).
    Clear all Hard modes in the latest dungeon.
    there's always something more the game has to offer thats more challenging and difficult, you just have to stop being lazy and accusing the game for being easy and actually try.
    So, you just skipped over most of what I typed so you could get on to your insults, I see.

I'll try again.

1 or 2 encounters that are much more difficult than everything else is not a sufficient argument to cover up everything else being so easy.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Weird a game launching with 2 raids, pvp, and heroic dungeons... Sounds familiar.. Oh thats right, WoW launched with 2 raids( MC & ONY)... Oh what, heroics weren't till first expansion, pvp was patched in after launch?
    Last edited by tripplebooya; 2011-12-11 at 05:30 AM.

Our wow guild died before this patch, mainly due to the changes in 10v25 man raiding. We were a very strong 25 man guild, one of our servers top progression guilds (usually 1st or 2nd on kills). Anyways, the 10 man guilds were able to clear content faster for the same rewards, soon it became difficult to keep everyone in our guild happy. You had the people that only believed that 25 man groups were real raiding and had no interest in 10 mans, you have the people who would be left out if we went to 10s, but then there was a group that was not happy that we were now getting passed by 10 mans and wanted to break into one to get top spots back. It was awful and the guild completely broke down. Pretty much the people who were close in that guild decided to move on and focus on SWTOR instead of trying to rebuild what was left.

It wasn't TOR that made us leave WoW, it was WoW and TOR was the first game we turned to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're farming Hard modes, you really have no place to say that this game is easy.
    i think you are missing the point here.

i agree with you, saying it's "too easy" when one doesn't even do hardmodes is just kinda.. well, stupid.
    but some people don't care so much about having beat all content avaiable and having the best gear, but rather about how it feels to down a boss or just seeing a bossfight. you can do lfr and see the whole raid, all bosses, etc easily. that does not mean you have beat all content and there aren't any more challenges, but it does add to the "bleh, seen it already, getting boring"-feeling of many players.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    I have no problem with badge system.. It encourage people to explore other pve options and significantly lessen loot drama in raid/groups.

Bioware says they will have an LFG system.. but no where did they say it will be cross server like WoW..

We gotta have a global LFG board at least.
    no LFG cross server hey? i must have misread the LFG feature then my bad. i hope the LFG thing will stay server only and not go cross server. we dont need another wow community in TOR.

So youre saying that TOR will be flooded with 'casuals' from LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    blizz fan boy here saying that yes, tor may get a lot of subs. the new raid is way too easy from what i've seen. i so can't wait for mists already.
    And you've seen how much of it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    1 or 2 encounters that are much more difficult than everything else is not a sufficient argument to cover up everything else being so easy.
    So glad to have you around. I am so fucking sick of the "this one boss is tough" rational.

Thank you all so far for being objective, mostly.

---------- Post added 2011-12-10 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    And you've seen how much of it?
    Whole thing. DS is simple in LFR. No, different versions of same boss is not more content.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    So, you just skipped over most of what I typed so you could get on to your insults, I see.

I'll try again.

I think you're the one that skipped over ALL of what I said.
    Show me where I insulted you.

8 bosses that are much more difficult than their normal mode counter parts, are not 1 or 2 encounters.

My argument is if you've only done LFR, normal modes, or random BGS and are complaining that the game is too easy, then you should either A) stop playing, and stop complaining, or B) do harder content, and if it's still too easy, then refer to option A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    So youre saying that TOR will be flooded with 'casuals' from LFR?
    I was trying to not go there, but since you brought it up, I sure as hell hope that this LFR crap and teh people that demanded it stay in WoW.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    Our wow guild died before this patch, mainly due to the changes in 10v25 man raiding. We were a very strong 25 man guild, one of our servers top progression guilds (usually 1st or 2nd on kills). Anyways, the 10 man guilds were able to clear content faster for the same rewards, soon it became difficult to keep everyone in our guild happy. You had the people that only believed that 25 man groups were real raiding and had no interest in 10 mans, you have the people who would be left out if we went to 10s, but then there was a group that was not happy that we were now getting passed by 10 mans and wanted to break into one to get top spots back. It was awful and the guild completely broke down. Pretty much the people who were close in that guild decided to move on and focus on SWTOR instead of trying to rebuild what was left.

It wasn't TOR that made us leave WoW, it was WoW and TOR was the first game we turned to.
    Normals were trivial on both difficulties. How many heroics do you/your server have down? Some are harder on 10, some are harder on 25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, you're a LFR player.
    This content isn't nearly as easy as you're making it out to be, and I'd imagine Heroic Deathwing is going to be pretty freakin difficult as well, especially seen as reg mode is much more difficult than Rag/Nef Normal modes.
    I'd believe you if i didnt know 60-70% of the guilds i know of, downing Deathwing week one on normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I sadly can't jump the WoW ship completely, even though I want to. I have a commitment to my friends and guild as an officer and raid leader. Would they get by without me? Most definitely. But it's a hardship I don't want them to have to deal with. Plus WoW is the best way I can keep in touch with a few folks. I signed the annual pass as a sign to myself and to my friends that I'm here for the good and bad times.

Also, to those saying TOR has no endgame... What are you smoking? lol. I've had more fun watching Eternity Vault videos than I have actually doing a raid in WoW since Ulduar. XD
    While I respect your loyalty and positivity, its a game... You shouldn't play if its literally no fun, let alone pay money for it

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to recall this argument going on in the wow forums. Or something similar to it any rate. As for what impact 4.3 will have on tor? Who cares. Honestly play fuckin tor or play 4.3 wow I could give a fuck less at this point.