Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Early Access Rumors and Pre Order date question

I heard that you can get 5 days by default sense them adding 2 more days along saying that their servers can hold up to 100,000 people. I Pre Ordered from GameSpot and entered my code on September 4th and I was wondering would I get 7-6 days of early access or is that getting my hopes up.

We dont know. You'll know on the 13th.

No one knows any more than you do right now. It's all guesswork.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    We dont know. You'll know on the 13th.

No one knows any more than you do right now. It's all guesswork.
    Ordered in September, probably not. You'll get an email the day of, telling you you're in.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Well They said first come first serve and I in that wave maybe? They opened July 21st I was really on the fence about the game then until I finally said OKAY and per ordered That about Month and 2 weeks after they opened for Pre Ordering.

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 08:25 AM ----------

Not just September the beginning of September. I would think I have a good chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are going to get in in early access, thats all we can say for sure. As for when, no one can say, only guess. My guess is that they feel safe letting in between .5-1 million people a day, since that is approximately how many a day they let in on the american thanksgiving weekend beta. What I remember from late July/August is that they were originally only going to give early access to the first 500k, which was supposedly filled by the end of july (possibly even on the 21st). This lets me guess with a fair bit of assurance that you will not be in on day 1, nor possibly day 2. September would be a decent bet for day 3 access.

my july 22nd preorder code (really wish i knew i had to put the code in when I bought it on the 21st) is probably going to get me at the bottom end of day 1, or at least day 2
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    you are going to get in in early access, thats all we can say for sure. As for when, no one can say, only guess. My guess is that they feel safe letting in between .5-1 million people a day, since that is approximately how many a day they let in on the american thanksgiving weekend beta. What I remember from late July/August is that they were originally only going to give early access to the first 500k, which was supposedly filled by the end of july (possibly even on the 21st). This lets me guess with a fair bit of assurance that you will not be in on day 1, nor possibly day 2. September would be a decent bet for day 3 access.

my july 22nd preorder code (really wish i knew i had to put the code in when I bought it on the 21st) is probably going to get me at the bottom end of day 1, or at least day 2
    How does that make sense. The first months were 300k pre orders not 500k. Edit On 3rd of Sept they had 350k Pre Orders. Thats about filling 4 servers. Not that hard...

10+ Year Old Account
    you sure you are looking at digital preorders (which dont have any official numbers) or physical pre orders (which have semi official numbers). Given the conservative rate of 2 digital to 1 physical (the large polls on the old official forums had it at about 4:1 if I remember), then you see how I arrived at my 500k mark.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

From what i got from what they have said they can't and won't guaranty when anyone will get invited and that anyone that entered a code is in the invite system just like beta someone who entered a code in july isn't more likely to get invited first than a person who entered a code last week. It's basically like beta invites and luck of the draw, everyone who entered a code will get into early access but nobody knows when they'll get in.

Thats what i got from forum replies like "if i pre-ordered 2 seconds after the announcement and entered my code 5 seconds later does that mean i'll be able to log on tuesday at 7pm?" and the answer was along the lines of "No, we can't for certain say who'll get invited when"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    From what i got from what they have said they can't and won't guaranty when anyone will get invited and that anyone that entered a code is in the invite system just like beta someone who entered a code in july isn't more likely to get invited first than a person who entered a code last week. It's basically like beta invites and luck of the draw, everyone who entered a code will get into early access but nobody knows when they'll get in.

Thats what i got from forum replies like "if i pre-ordered 2 seconds after the announcement and entered my code 5 seconds later does that mean i'll be able to log on tuesday at 7pm?" and the answer was along the lines of "No, we can't for certain say who'll get invited when"
    They have stated a lot that it works off a first come first serve basis. Basically he's saying he doesn't know if maybe in the preceding 7 seconds 1milion people beat him to it and pushed him into day 2 (made up number). This is to protect himself from saying anything definite and being pulled up on it later... see the grace period drama for evidence of that happening.

Deleted
    It's just theory

Deleted
    here is something i found about preorder numbers in usa: www(.)vgchartz(.)com/charts/preorders(.)php

just to clarify that data is from us retailers only(without digital/eu)
    Last edited by mmoc13d2608a47; 2011-12-11 at 11:22 AM.

Well they added an extra 2 days of early acces. This could be that they want to ensure the early acces is atleast somewhat worthwhile for everyone who preordered, and to avoid people getting early acces on say Monday and only getting 1 day at most.

Or it could be that they got so many pre-orders and people going for early acces, that they cannot fit them all into the 5 days they originally had planned. If they let them in, in the waves they had in mind. So they added an extra two days to guarentee everyone can get early acces and still play smoothly.

Eitherway, you'll get atleast 1 extra day then the people who didnt pre-order. And if you're luck you might get to play during the weekend before official release. That would be getting in on the 4th or 5th day of early acces (friday/saterday respectively). Considering how well the stress test went, i forsee a very good possibility of everyone with early acces getting to play during that preceeding weekend.

What do i base this on? Absolutely nothing, pure guess work and wishfull thinking. Just like everyone else.

Deleted
    Although theory i think what has happened is that they had a massive influece of pre orders after the massive stress test they did. I feel Bioware are quite anal about gettinga smooth start which i have no problem with what so ever, but if they had say 1m pre orders, they could get away with staggering them over 3 days and still have a smooth start. With the fact they have 4 different instanced maps per planet there really is little worry about players being too crowded. I have a feeling players who pre ordered the game nov-dec MIGHT be in for a suprise as they have now extended it to 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximumfairysuit View Post
    How does that make sense. The first months were 300k pre orders not 500k. Edit On 3rd of Sept they had 350k Pre Orders. Thats about filling 4 servers. Not that hard...
    Are you certain that counts EVERY pre-order, and not just physical copy pre-orders?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Or it could be that they got so many pre-orders and people going for early acces, that they cannot fit them all into the 5 days they originally had planned. If they let them in, in the waves they had in mind. So they added an extra two days to guarentee everyone can get early acces and still play smoothly.

I'd be more inclined to think this 1, as SR tweeted that yesterday to someone (They asked when they would get in with pre=ordered on 8th of December) that is was still a minimum of 1 day

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post

Your reply is very misleading. Every single dev post *repeatedly* said its based on when you put your code in. They also mentioned that *they* know the time of day it was input, even if we can't see it displayed on the website.

What they didn't say was whether they are inviting in 7 waves (1 wave per day) or 14 waves (1 wave every 12 hours) or 24 waves on day one (1 wave per hour) or whatever. That's the part that is guesswork.

Deleted
    how can people be sure that pre-ordering = putting in pre-order code aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Randytravis View Post
    Although theory i think what has happened is that they had a massive influece of pre orders after the massive stress test they did. I feel Bioware are quite anal about gettinga smooth start which i have no problem with what so ever, but if they had say 1m pre orders, they could get away with staggering them over 3 days and still have a smooth start. With the fact they have 4 different instanced maps per planet there really is little worry about players being too crowded. I have a feeling players who pre ordered the game nov-dec MIGHT be in for a suprise as they have now extended it to 7 days.
    4 instances maps per planet? where are you getting that info?

As far as I understood, the planet instances generate dynamically when the player maximum is reached. No limit.

I fully expected 5 -20 instances of starting planets on early access day, depends of course how much they stagger the waves of people and how big they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurko View Post
    What they didn't say was whether they are inviting in 7 waves (1 wave per day) or 14 waves (1 wave every 12 hours) or 24 waves on day one (1 wave per hour) or whatever. That's the part that is guesswork.
    7 waves makes no sense if its daily, as people will be buying and pre-ordering up until its offically launched and you are guaranteed early access whenever you enter your code. The extra 2 days is likely to ease the new pre-order players into beta and not used to introduce people who pre-ordered 2+ weeks ago.

Ordered from GAME.co.uk

Thank you for preordering Star Wars The Old Republic from GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of The Old Republic, we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time for launch day. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a little earlier than usual.

If your payment is processed successfully you will receive an email letting you know that your order is on its way. Your order is due to reach you after 15th December, the email just means it's being held ready for delivery. Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the 15th.

Although your order will reach you on or after 15th December you will not be able to access the live SWTOR servers until release day (20th December). You will however be able to prepare to download the game client from the 15th December so you can hit the servers as soon as they open on launch day.

If you have already signed up for early access this will begin on 13th December (more information about this can be found on http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq#q209656). The last chance to enter your early access code is 19th December.

If there is a problem with your order you may receive an email informing you that your order has been cancelled.
    This could be due to a problem with your payment method. If your order is cancelled in this way please check that your payment details are correct and place a new order at www.game.co.uk/swtor

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
    www.game.co.uk/contact

We hope you enjoy Star Wars: The Old Republic!

The Customer Service Team
    GAME.co.uk