Page 1 of 45
... LastLast

[Megathread] Terraria

I tried using search and went through about 20 pages worth and could not find a megathread/official thread/etc for terraria so i apologize if i missed it.

Terraria is a great 2D adventure game where you dig deeper and deeper in search of fun items to build your house, attract merchants, sexy nurses, annoying guides, and craft uber weapons and armor to rape the various bosses. There are updates very often and it's fun to play with friends or make a server and have a giant pvp-fest and pwn some noobs. And yes I wrote that up and didn't copypasta it >

It's $10 on steam and IMO, well worth it.

Here is a thread to post pictures of your worlds, discuss various aspects of the game, heck even ask for help with bosses, finding certain items, etc.

To start things off, here is my humble abode, just a basic house. I'm just starting where the hallow and corruption are expanding after killing the wall of flesh so things are getting interesting

Yeah i should work on my house, but i'm still enjoying exploring too much. And i definitely don't have the attention span to make a gigantic palace.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice house and I love all the statues! This new patch did so many awesome things the crack unicorn is definitely my favorite though lol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome game been having a blast, right now I am scowering the world for adamantite yay for Spelunking potions.
    Anyone have an info on if they will be fixing multiplayer any time soon? with the issues im having with port forwarding and my friends issues with hamachi I have only been able to play single player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    Awesome game been having a blast, right now I am scowering the world for adamantite yay for Spelunking potions.
    Anyone have an info on if they will be fixing multiplayer any time soon? with the issues im having with port forwarding and my friends issues with hamachi I have only been able to play single player.
    Hmm thats odd right when 1.1 came out I hosted a server for my group of friends. What type of issue are you having?

---------- Post added 2011-12-11 at 07:51 AM ----------

As in your router is not allowing you to open 7777 or that your game just isn't allowing itself to host?

I aint played terraria in a loooong time, I think i might give it another go. Lots seems to of been added :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    I aint played terraria in a loooong time, I think i might give it another go. Lots seems to of been added :P
    Yea they really did a good job with this patch with the new bosses/mobs and items/sets. My only real gripe with the patch is that there is no real last boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play this game often, but when I do time seems to just sort of bleed away from existence.

Is it bad you house reminds of the Projects with the nurse being the superintendent. An entire season of The Wire Terraria style just went through my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't play this game often, but when I do time seems to just sort of bleed away from existence.

Is it bad you house reminds of the Projects with the nurse being the superintendent. An entire season of The Wire Terraria style just went through my head.
    Time flies when you're hitting blocks.....
    Come stop by and see if you like what you see! If we are not online stop by our youtube channel to see highlights and funny moments from our streaming. Any feedback is more then welcome and we love it when you guys are talkative so chat it up!

Terraria is quite wonderful.

Here's our most recent server/world, with it's sweet hot tub and pool...

The boat-shaped super house...

And its sweet submarine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha love the submarine! Sometimes it's the things that aren't necessarily overly time-consuming but are just plain original that really stand out.
    Come stop by and see if you like what you see! If we are not online stop by our youtube channel to see highlights and funny moments from our streaming. Any feedback is more then welcome and we love it when you guys are talkative so chat it up!

The best thing bout new Patch is the new hamdrill!!! BZOOM BZOOM BZOOM BZOOM BZOOM!
    Everyday im BZOOMING. Oh and btw i am from Europe, and it was avaible on steam for like 2,5 Euro for a short amount of time breifly after realse of new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Infestinatorr View Post
    The best thing bout new Patch is the new hamdrill!!! BZOOM BZOOM BZOOM BZOOM BZOOM!
    Everyday im BZOOMING. Oh and btw i am from Europe, and it was avaible on steam for like 2,5 Euro for a short amount of time breifly after realse of new patch.
    HAMDRAX ALL THE THINGS!!11!!!

I love my hamdrax, but it's very dangerous to have it around the house...

As for the submarine, I assure you it took a while to drain the water and mine all of that silver, because it's made purely with silver bricks and silver backgrounds. :P

It even has a working hatch with activated blocks and switches.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-12-11 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    HAMDRAX ALL THE THINGS!!11!!!

I love my hamdrax, but it's very dangerous to have it around the house...

As for the submarine, I assure you it took a while to drain the water and mine all of that silver, because it's made purely with silver bricks and silver backgrounds. :P

It even has a working hatch with activated blocks and switches.
    Hahaha shit I didn't notice that it was made of silver! That definitely takes it up a notch in the time consumption department and the working hatch is the icing on the cake. As for the hamdrax that shit really is dangerous lol when I first got it I used it in a fight because it was better then my Murumasa and I ended up taking out about half my house without realizing it :/

Im sorry if this is derailing the topic at hand about houses and hamdraxes but. Am I the only person in the world that is freaked the fuck out by some of the later monsters in the game. E.G the eater of worlds, eater of souls, and eye of Cthulhu. I can't even bring myself to go to hell. Its just something about those simple 2d sprites that just makes me scarred.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my old main house. Left it right after 1.0.6 came out(mostly cuz of the inability to remove lava) and now with the double layer of lava, I had to abandon it entirely cuz other than pumping it out, there's nothing I can do to expand for the new NPC's(plus it's an old world). oh, and yes, the path goes off to the sky leads to a skytunnel that goes from end to end of the map(mostly for shroom farming)

I have a new house though(technically two). One is more built out, the other I just started yesterday and is now my main base.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Im sorry if this is derailing the topic at hand about houses and hamdraxes but. Am I the only person in the world that is freaked the fuck out by some of the later monsters in the game. E.G the eater of worlds, eater of souls, and eye of Cthulhu. I can't even bring myself to go to hell. Its just something about those simple 2d sprites that just makes me scarred.
    Oh it gets worse. The Wall of Flesh is great.

Also, I've just finished wiring an elaborate electric grid for my house. Highlights are an artificial waterfall (though it isn't working as well as I'd like....), and a flashing rainbow of torches. There's a security system that's working out pretty well too. My next project is an elaborate switch-and-timer puzzle buried underground. It will be the entrance to my room. This is the most fun I've had with this game pretty much ever. Haven't even really started the hardmode stuff beyond getting a set of cobalt armor and beating the Wall of Flesh. I have used somewhere around 500 blocks of wire though, 20 or so switches, 5 statues set up in a spawner that just dumps monsters into pits for my amusement, and many, many colored torches. All I really want from the game now is spike traps and wire layers, and I would pretty much never stop playing.

I'm thinking of perhaps sometime in the future making a dungeon map, possibly based on Castlevania.

I really enjoy this game, although I haven't gotten very far at ALL into it. I'm only just now getting copper armor and whatnot. :P But I really like the game so far. I can't wait until I get further into it and start fighting some of the harder monsters.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/caiada/...shots/?tab=all

(Hopefully steam will make them viewable. It's set to public....)

That's my current house though. The underground part's the beginnings of my part of the house.

Haven't played it much. Skelington looks like a night elf now

Is there some kind of strategy to finding gold ore or am I just really unlucky? I've been exploring the underground and digging for hours and I haven't come across any. I've got plenty of copper, iron, and silver, but I can't seem to advance much further without gold.